New Hampshire/Boston area to NYC cruise terminal

dabkeh

Another option is to park at one of the garages near the terminal. Try PARK JOCKEY or PARK RIGHT.

I used PARK JOCKEY and got parking for $20.00 per day.

When I searched park jockey it says permanently closed :o:o

The advantage of port parking(as long as the garage/parking is not to far from the doc) is the convenience on return, off the ship, in the car and on your way.

The other options are one runs off to get the car from somewhere else come back and pick people/bags up or you trawl luggage somewhere.

My local port Southampton UK can save an hour of time over the cheaper options inc hotel/parking.

Getting to an on a ship the morning is dead time.

We have done the Megabus($1.50pp) to Boston after a TA into Manhattan terminal, taxi to bus, nightmare at South Station to get to the car pickup point in Logan, will use a Taxi next time.

Might work if you can get a pick up drop off at the Bus in Boston.

Just a note about driving through southern CT:

While on weekday mornings, the Merritt is usually in better shape than I-95, it gets incredibly backed up as well, and there are days/times when I-95 is actually a faster ride in. I suggest using a navigation app that takes traffic into account (Waze is my personal favorite) and refresh your route as you are heading just south of Hartford on I-91 before the ability to either turn off onto Wilbur Cross or stay on 91, and trust the app which path is faster.

I've seen enough serious doozies on the Merritt to know better than to just blindly get on. I say for driving the NYC/Boston corridor, there are three levels of experience... newbies just take 95, more experienced but still occasional drivers learn about the Merritt and feel like they are saving a ton of time and just default to it, then if you wind up taking the route enough times, all of a sudden you start realizing all the times where 95 is actually less backed up and more direct (Wilbur Cross/Merritt is very winding and hilly, and has very tight entrances/exits, causing many small snarl-ups which add up over the entire length of the road), and start leaning back towards the interstate as your more trustworthy route again.

While on weekday mornings, the Merritt is usually in better shape than I-95, it gets incredibly backed up as well, and there are days/times when I-95 is actually a faster ride in. I suggest using a navigation app that takes traffic into account (Waze is my personal favorite) and refresh your route as you are heading just south of Hartford on I-91 before the ability to either turn off onto Wilbur Cross or stay on 91, and trust the app which path is faster.

I've seen enough serious doozies on the Merritt to know better than to just blindly get on. I say for driving the NYC/Boston corridor, there are three levels of experience... newbies just take 95, more experienced but still occasional drivers learn about the Merritt and feel like they are saving a ton of time and just default to it, then if you wind up taking the route enough times, all of a sudden you start realizing all the times where 95 is actually less backed up and more direct (Wilbur Cross/Merritt is very winding and hilly, and has very tight entrances/exits, causing many small snarl-ups which add up over the entire length of the road), and start leaning back towards the interstate as your more trustworthy route again.

Yes, I have Waze I will do that! Thank you so much!!!

Thank you for the tip!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't know why people would leave from NYC. Maybe if you lived in NYC but for those of us in the North East, I don't get it. Just fly to Florida.

Their is nothing to get, not everyone is like you:rolleyes:. Some people don't like to fly, some people can't afford the extra expense of flying. Some people, myself included prefer the Jewel class ships

I am curious what you found the prices I found from MA were expensive. Cheaper to drive down and stay at the Hilton Garden in Ridgefield, NJ

It's been a while, I think AAA like $125 into new york and $145 for an out bound full size car from new york.

It's been a while, I think AAA like $125 into new york and $145 for an out bound full size car from new york.

Wouldn't paying $300 (using 25% Gem coupon) to drive your own car down and park at the pier be more cost effective than paying $270 for the rental car plus the logistics of getting back & forth from the car rental place at home and NYC ?

Wouldn't paying $300 (using 25% Gem coupon) to drive your own car down and park at the pier be more cost effective than paying $270 for the rental car plus the logistics of getting back & forth from the car rental place at home and NYC ?

O.P $400 for 10 day

Thank you all for reinforcing my thoughts! It's been over 12 years I have been on a cruise!!!! We are so excited! I know this will be a lot different because we have our children, but we actually enjoy every moment with our kids and can't wait to have some warm exciting fun! I will look into your driving suggestions as well and avoid 95!!! 👍🏼🤗🤗🤗 Gem here we come!! 1 more week! Woot woot

You and yourFamily will have a Great time

What ever

I"m Not a coupon guy.

I don't want to worry about My Truck.

Understood... but your personal feelings about your truck and coupons should not impact the correct answer of $300...... this is the first you've mentioned the reason you did two one-way rentals. I would be willing to bet that if it cost you $1,000 you still would've justified it not to worry about your truck (which is absolutely a valid reason for you)

But you're right.... whatever

Understood... but your personal feelings about your truck and coupons should not impact the correct answer of $300...... this is the first you've mentioned the reason you did two one-way rentals. I would be willing to bet that if it cost you $1,000 you still would've justified it not to worry about your truck (which is absolutely a valid reason for you)

But you're right.... whatever

The reason still is $270 rental is cheaper than I would have had to pay for parking New York City...

The reason still is $270 rental is cheaper than I would have had to pay for parking New York City...

How? No surcharge for trucks at the pier.... not to mention this is based on a 10 day cruise and if it were a 7 day cruise it's a $10 savings

You say $270 but that's not including

- the cab in NYC to get you from / to the car rental place and the terminal

- the cab / friend to get you from / to the car rental place and your home

- the extra time spent picking up / dropping off 4 different times

- time not being on the road post cruise that gets you home sooner

- possible insurance if something happens to rental

- you always put more gas in a rental that you didn't use and it's never refunded so that's lost $$$

If it works for you then who am I to tell you differently but for the $30 ($10) you're saving..... my time, energy and effort is worth the extra.

We are traveling on the 19th and I have found Silver Towers and River Place through park jockey and they are both saying 140/week. Just need to determine if this is a "safe"/easy walk to the cruise terminal, or would it make sense to take a cab and what the cost of that would be.

We are traveling on the 19th and I have found Silver Towers and River Place through park jockey and they are both saying 140/week. Just need to determine if this is a "safe"/easy walk to the cruise terminal, or would it make sense to take a cab and what the cost of that would be.

Just an FYI I've never heard of these places ever mentioned in these boards

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How? No surcharge for trucks at the pier.... not to mention this is based on a 10 day cruise and if it were a 7 day cruise it's a $10 savings

You say $270 but that's not including

- the cab in NYC to get you from / to the car rental place and the terminal

- the cab / friend to get you from / to the car rental place and your home

- the extra time spent picking up / dropping off 4 different times

- time not being on the road post cruise that gets you home sooner

- possible insurance if something happens to rental

- you always put more gas in a rental that you didn't use and it's never refunded so that's lost $$$

If it works for you then who am I to tell you differently but for the $30 ($10) you're saving..... my time, energy and effort is worth the extra.

Ok Insurance. :rolleyes:

Mass. compulsory insurance does not meet New York minimum standards.:eek:

To Increase Mass Ins. would cost more $$$$