Harmony; MTD only option

mad-dog74

So, they are telling me MY TIME is the only option I have for my AUG Harmony cruise... that's the way it was even 8 months ago when we first booked.

Is that the only option we have or will it open up closer time? They told me both early and late dining are already full. I'm thinking thats not actually the case... they just won't let you select now.

So, they are telling me MY TIME is the only option I have for my AUG Harmony cruise... that's the way it was even 8 months ago when we first booked.

Is that the only option we have or will it open up closer time? They told me both early and late dining are already full. I'm thinking thats not actually the case... they just won't let you select now.

This happens quite often. Call and have them wait list you for early or late. Quite often you will clear the wait list and get your preference but once you are able to make MTD reservations I would make them for one set time every night just to be sure that you have a back up plan.

We booked Harmony a year and a half in advance choosing early seating. We got on board and they had placed us in mytime dining because early seating was full. I was livid since I had booked a year and a half prior and that option was available. They were not able to put me back in early seating as nothing ever opened up. They even acknowledged I had it on my reservation but it was "full" and they couldn't do anything for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spaces will open up. As others have said, just call them and ask to be wait listed. We have done this several times and always get what we ask for prior to cruising. Seems like they only open up a very limited number of reservations for set seating times til closer to the sail date. Why they do this, I have no clue since it upset people (such as yourself). That said, we opted for MTD last year for the first time and made a set reservation time for the same time as we would have got for early seating traditional. We requested the same table and server every night. It was the best service we ever got (don't believe the people who say the service in MTD is inferior - it was not in our experience).

Harmony dining is a mess! We had 2nd seating for 18 month booked - when we boarded they told us WE were wrong and only MTD was available and that was what we booked.... - they did not even try to accommodate us.

Harmony has a problem with the size of the dining room that is why they push everybody over to MTD.

We book a full year out for our cruise coming up this April and were told that the early traditional dining was not available. We booked through a TA and asked her to put us on a wait list. Months went by and she said that it was still not available. Then a week before final payment, we were switched over to traditional early dining. The only reason why I even knew about it was because I had made MTD reservations for 5:45 every night and all of those were automatically cancelled and an email was sent to me showing all the cancellations. I freaked out when I saw they were all cancelled but then realized why. I hope we are still scheduled for our dining when we board in 42 days! Good luck with changing your dining. I'm hoping it will open up for you also right before final payment.