Allure vrs harmony vrs oasis

cstimmons

I have yet to do a big ship in RC but we are booked for the Oasis in July. We've both done the freedom and the liberty so far.

As of now we are planning a cruise in november and I was curious if anyone had any stand out differences between these three ships. I realize they are the same class but if you've sailed them what made one better than the other?

Port visits aren't really a selling point at this time. we are a couple in our latest 30s and the kids won't be going. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Bob hit the main differences. For us it is the broadway show - prefer Mama Mia (Allure) over Grease (Harmony) and in last place Cats (Oasis). Disclosure - I have not seen Cats but have seen a lot of negative reviews about how long it is and not as much fun as the others.

We also love the Samba grill for a dinner on the Allure (Brazilian steakhouse experience where they walk around to the tables with various cuts of meat). This was not on Oasis and not sure if Harmony offers it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

HOTS is the most beautifully decorated of the three to me. However, the giant head "art" on the promenade is disgusting. I didn't like how the Abyss impacted the boardwalk and didn't like how the water slides impacted the rear view. So I would choose Allure over HOTS. Been a few years since we sailed on Oasis, but I would probably take OA before HOTS. Just my opinion.

HOTS is the most beautifully decorated of the three to me. However, the giant head "art" on the promenade is disgusting. I didn't like how the Abyss impacted the boardwalk and didn't like how the water slides impacted the rear view. So I would choose Allure over HOTS. Been a few years since we sailed on Oasis, but I would probably take OA before HOTS. Just my opinion.

Just curious, why do you think the water slides impact the rear view. :confused:

Agree completely over the Abyss.

Interesting you think Harmony is more beautifully decorated. I actually thought Harmony felt a bit cheaper. To me the whole finish is not to the same standard.

I have mentioned it here before but I think in 5 years Allure will look the newer ship.

That said I think they are both fantastic :)

We just got off Harmony this past Saturday and the ship is beautiful. :cool:

The differences that we noticed most between HOTS and Oasis (have not sailed Allure yet):

We were on Oasis last February and the ships are very similar. We both preferred the color schemes on Harmony (neutrals) over Oasis (pastels), but Oasis was nice as well.

The dry slide on the boardwalk was nice and it added to the ambiance and bustle of the boardwalk. We had a far aft Boardwalk balcony and it barely affected our view of the diving show or of the sea. IMO the slides were a nice addition. The Abyss dry slide was a blast (conquered it twice) and the water slides looked fun too.

There's no pool in the enlarged Harmony solarium. It was replaced by a mister. They did, however, add a large whirlpool/spa. We skipped the mister, but to be honest the pool in the Oasis solarium wasn't much to talk about either. Overall we liked the HOTS solarium a tad more.

Shows-

• Grease was very good (about 90 minutes and no intermission) and Columbus was interestingly entertaining. :D
  • Cats- First time I had seen it (Nancy had 1 time before) and was nodding off during it and we walked out before intermission at about an hour into it. That was the first time I have ever walked out of a show. I can't blame the performers they seemed talented. The content of Cats is muddled and it's hard to follow what's happening on stage. ;p

Harmony is the more modern, more technology, etc... I'd pick harmony just because it is the newest, but it is also going to be the most expensive. Regardless, you will have a great time on any of the Oasis class ships. The entertainment is just great!

The Abyss is not a water slide it is a dry slide that empties into the end of the Boardwalk. I have been on all three of the sisters and the HOS was my least favorite, although I did enjoy Grease.

I am aware of that. The op that I quoted said Abyss messed up Boardwalk and the water slides messed up rear view.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app