Has anyone received the post-Feb 3 Latitude Rewards shore excursion credit onboard?

Freckles_51

We are boarding on Saturday, pre-purchased shore excursions prior to the Feb 3 new Latitude Rewards announcement, and have been told (by phone) that we should go to the Shore Excursion desk on board to receive the credit that is now available as a Latitude member benefit.

Has anyone done this and was it that easy?

Was it given as on board credit - refundable or non-refundable?

Or was it credited back to the credit card used to make the purchase?

If purchased in non-US funds (CAD in our case) is it credited in same currency?

Thanks

I called and asked the same question since I just spent about $1600 for shore excursions for our cruise in April. I was told I had to take care of it once we board the ship and the credit would be ship board credit.

Please post about your experience with this when you get back from your cruise if you will.

I called this morning and got the same response as posted here..."Once onboard, take your keycard to the Shore Excursion desk to get an adjustment."

Just did this on the Epic, they took my room number and it was taken off the first evening. It is onboard credit. Also go to the internet desk and get your minutes if you are in the level that get free internet minutes.

We are boarding on Saturday, pre-purchased shore excursions prior to the Feb 3 new Latitude Rewards announcement, and have been told (by phone) that we should go to the Shore Excursion desk on board to receive the credit that is now available as a Latitude member benefit. Has anyone done this and was it that easy?

Was it given as on board credit - refundable or non-refundable?

Or was it credited back to the credit card used to make the purchase?

If purchased in non-US funds (CAD in our case) is it credited in same currency?

Thanks

Just did this on the Epic, they took my room number and it was taken off the first evening. It is onboard credit. Also go to the internet desk and get your minutes if you are in the level that get free internet minutes.

Thanks for letting us know all worked out!

Do you know if the OBC was refundable or non refundable?

Hi dex, hope you and your family are well. I know we will have a great time.

I will definitely report the experience when I get back, and just to clarify, I am grateful :)

Thanks.

Are you in Florida yet or is that going to be tomorrow?

can you tell me are the free internet minutes per person or per stateroom as we are both platinum thank you x

can you tell me are the free internet minutes per person or per stateroom as we are both platinum thank you x

According to the information online it is per person.

Free Internet Minutes4

30 minutes for Platinum, 60 minutes for Platinum Plus, 100 minutes for Ambassador

I thought I read all the rewards but I missed the shore excursions credit. We leave Saturday can you tell me how much the credit is for Platinum ?

Onboard Discounts On Shore Excursions

10% for Silver - Platinum, 15% for Platinum Plus, 20% for Ambassador

Mike

Per person, you use your personal email to log-in super easy. Use your phone, saves you minutes!!

Super fun sailing:D

I am back :loudcry: and these are our experiences with Latitudes.

Just for info.....We were Silver, sailed on the Epic, booked in CAD, pre-purchased shore excursions (CAD) and photo package (CAD).

After going through security, check-in lines were separated by Latitude level (Port Canaveral - other ports may differ)

We were boarded by Latitudes level after tours, CAS, Haven, and suites.

Upon boarding we went directly to the shore excursion desk. There was only one couple in line so we waited. As "janymac" reported, they took our room number and told us it would be fixed. By the end of the day, they had credited our accounts with the full amount paid for shore excursions (converted to USD), and then charged the reduced amount, so we started with a credit and it was refundable. I will note that we already had some non-refundable credit....this was used up by the new charges for shore excursions :)

Immediately following the muster drill, we went to the Latitudes desk to inquire about the Latitudes Party....there was a notice on the desk giving day, time and location .....no need to sign up.

The photo package discount was not so simple. :( My daughter had pre-purchased it about a week before the cruise, after the new Latitudes discounts were in effect. There was a note on the invoice stating "all discounts applied", however the 20% discount was not applied. I went to guest services early on the second day, and was told that they would look into it and let us know.

Due to another issue, I had to go to Guest Services later that day so asked again about the photo discount and was told that it had nothing to do with guest services, I had to ask at the photo studio. I went there, asked for the manager, was told I was speaking to him, explained the situation, and was told that the discount does not apply to packages because we're "already getting a discount by purchasing the package". :( I do not recall seeing that exclusion with the new Latitudes benefits, however my daughter accepted the explanation.

2 days before the end of the cruise, Guest Services contacted us and told us that the photo discount "does" apply, they had just spoken to the studio manager and we had to go and speak to him. Upon approaching the same person we had spoken to previously, he said he did not hear from Guest Services, "must have been my manager" :confused: Will the real manager please step forward?

The result.....they added to the package a choice of 2 extra 8x10 or 3 extra 6x8, both of which were higher value than 20% discount and my daughter was happy with that.

We realized after all this that we may have been better served to inquire at the CruiseNext desk ....apparently they deal with questions about Latitudes benefits, not Guest Services :o

We did not purchase the internet package.

Forgot to mention....we booked the cruise more than 9 months ahead worth double Latitudes points under the old terms.....I just checked MyNCL and we did receive double....I'm now Gold...:D.

Welcome back Freckles. Sorry you had to deal with some mess onboard. Did your DD have a nice birthday on the Epic? Would you sail the Epic again? I've softened my stance on the Epic but haven't booked it yet. Next trip is August on MSC for our DD's high school graduation.