Retreat Cabana Availability

Tananda

I'm not sure if you read the information or not, but the family cabana has a four adult limit.

This is the trouble - I can’t seem to find any information. Thanks ever so much for your help. Our UK contact at HAL suggested anyone we invite can come into the Cabana but didn’t say anything about a limit.

This is all very good to know thanks very much 👍🏻

Looks like I won’t be booking one!

The attendants are usually there from 9-5. Unless there's a special cabana event or dinner, you usually have access to around the clock. Special events can include dinners or cocktail parties.

We have tried sitting in our cabana, in the evening after dinner and were told by security staff that we were not allowed there after hours.

Of course, like many things on the various ships, YMMV.

Amazing how fast these cabanas are rented. We booked an April 2019 cruise in July 2018. I thought I'd wait to call about the cabana, but the friends I'm traveling with insisted that I go ahead and secure one. Good thing I did. We rented the last one according to the representative I spoke with!

This is the trouble - I can’t seem to find any information. Thanks ever so much for your help. Our UK contact at HAL suggested anyone we invite can come into the Cabana but didn’t say anything about a limit.

This is all very good to know thanks very much 👍🏻

Looks like I won’t be booking one!

The adult limit is four persons for the Family Cabana. Another couple could "visit" for a drink but would likely be asked to not stay too long. We had a Family Cabana for the four of us recently and the other Family Cabana was rented by a group of six. On the second day, the stewards' supervisor stopped in and asked that the group observe the four adult limit. Apparently another cabana user had complained. Since there is complimentary champagne each day, it also was difficult for the stewards to pour for four and not the extra two, so it became an issue.

You CAN rent an additional two person cabana and still congregate in the Family Cabana because all six would be paying guests that way.

We have tried sitting in our cabana, in the evening after dinner and were told by security staff that we were not allowed there after hours.

Of course, like many things on the various ships, YMMV.

We may have lucked out. We give off that sort of "upstanding citizen" vibe.

The cabanas on the Oosterdam are spacious even the two person cabana has a sofa and a cabinet unless they were shrunk in the dry dock. I checked out the ones on the Konigsdam last week and they were tiny. The service we had on the Oosterdam was excellent.

Well yes, that would surely make a difference.

You know the trouble these rowdy seniors can cause.

I hear you. You know how they sometimes check your receipt against your grocery cart? (Could just be a big city thing.) That never happens to me. I have that "honest, trustworthy" aura. I credit my Axe Body Spray in the "Kindly Old Codger" scent.

We had a retreat cabana on our Nieuw Amsterdam cruise to Alaska in late August and we LOVED it, even on the days that were a little rainy or windy. It was our favorite place onboard. Nice cozy blankets, hot tea, and wonderful steward. Had lunch up there several times. We wore layers and enjoyed the views - especially on the last inside passage day at sea. According to our steward, you can usually spot wildlife around 4:30 on the port side and he was right.

• 8 months later...

I know this discussion is older, but I have a question regarding retreat cabanas to Alaska.  We have a family cabana scheduled for our trip to Alaska in early July 2020.  I noticed someone above mentioning getting two lido cabanas and opening the curtain between them as they might be warmer.  Anyone have thoughts on that?  I don't know how the view would be from that area versus the Retreat Cabanas - we've reserved the Costa del Sol (Starboard side).  I'm guessing it doesn't matter which side you're on as you'll be port side at least on one half of your voyage and the ship usually does some spins when viewing the glaciers?  Thanks for your help - this will be our 3rd cruise to Alaska - but never on Holland and we are very excited.   Also - I'd be super interested in hearing about anyone's Alaska Retreat Cabana experiences.

36 minutes ago, EOwens said:

I know this discussion is older, but I have a question regarding retreat cabanas to Alaska.  We have a family cabana scheduled for our trip to Alaska in early July 2020.  I noticed someone above mentioning getting two lido cabanas and opening the curtain between them as they might be warmer.  Anyone have thoughts on that?  I don't know how the view would be from that area versus the Retreat Cabanas - we've reserved the Costa del Sol (Starboard side).  I'm guessing it doesn't matter which side you're on as you'll be port side at least on one half of your voyage and the ship usually does some spins when viewing the glaciers?  Thanks for your help - this will be our 3rd cruise to Alaska - but never on Holland and we are very excited.   Also - I'd be super interested in hearing about anyone's Alaska Retreat Cabana experiences.

What ship are you on? Not every ship has Lido cabanas...only Eurodam and N. Amsterdam. And those are only on one side of the Lido area.

2 hours ago, EOwens said:

Hi CruiserBruce, we are on the Eurodam.

It has been discussed here a few times that Retreat cabanas are probably not all that great in Alaska. We sailed 14 days on Amsterdam (no cabanas) in Alaska earlier this month and love Retreat Cabanas. But we couldn't sense the usefulness of one for that cruise. And we had great weather for much of the cruise, particularly while in port, but a Retreat Cabana still didn't seem logical for that cruise.

Lido is a different topic. I can see some possibilities there.

And we do have a Retreat Cabana booked for N. Amsterdam in the Med next May.