Escape AFT mini suite or Anthem It's family junior suite?

JAMESCC

I'm really in the process of looking for our 2018 cruise. We usually book a regular balcony but want to do something a bit different. I was looking at Haven but I don't think at this time it works for us. Now I'm into still doing something a bit different and I'm between an AFT mini suite on Escape and a family Junior suite on Anthem OTS. Just purely on cabins, which would you choose? Have experience with either or both? Junior suites do get double points which I like so that is something up weigh too.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

We haven't sailed on the Escape, but we did have a fun transatlantic on Anthem of the Seas, in a spa junior suite, which was elegant, beautiful, and comfortable. Not exactly the same as the family junior suite, but unless RCI has changed something, and you should check on this, the junior suites entitle you to eat dinner in Coastal Kitchen, which is a huge plus. Mini-suites on NCL get you nothing (they are misnamed deluxe balconies).

Spa%20Jr%20Suite%20for%20cal%201024x683_zpsbiiefgd0.jpg

We decded after Anthem that mega-ships are probably not for us, but she's a stunningly beautiful ship and we might sail her again for the right itinerary, and in the right cabin.

In case this is of help to you, my very detailed review of Anthem, by subject and with photos, is here. (Please note that we sailed when Dynamic Dining was still in place, so dining would be different now.)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2277588

Escape Mini Suite is just a verandah with a larger bathroom. The cabin itself is the same size as a verandah. More comparable is The Haven Spa Suite or even better, an Aft Penthouse which gives you Haven privileges. But if you are comparing an Escape Aft Mini Suite to a Anthem Junior Suite, the better cabin is on Anthem.

We haven't sailed on the Escape, but we did have a fun transatlantic on Anthem of the Seas, in a spa junior suite, which was elegant, beautiful, and comfortable. Not exactly the same as the family junior suite, but unless RCI has changed something, and you should check on this, the junior suites entitle you to eat dinner in Coastal Kitchen, which is a huge plus. Mini-suites on NCL get you nothing (they are misnamed deluxe balconies).

Spa%20Jr%20Suite%20for%20cal%201024x683_zpsbiiefgd0.jpg

We decded after Anthem that mega-ships are probably not for us, but she's a stunningly beautiful ship and we might sail her again for the right itinerary, and in the right cabin.

In case this is of help to you, my very detailed review of Anthem, by subject and with photos, is here. (Please note that we sailed when Dynamic Dining was still in place, so dining would be different now.)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2277588

Thanks I am leaning toward a junior suite on Anthem because that really is our choice of cruise lines but we did do a cruise on Breakaway last September. We are on Anthem this Sept to Canada/BE in a regular balcony. Yes you get to eat in the coastal kitchen in a junior suite of any kind. That is a nice perk. Haven we just can't swing yet, I mean we could buy it would sting too much for my liking money wise. I was looking at a forward penthouse with balcony and may do that I'm the future. Thanks for the reply.

Escape Mini Suite is just a verandah with a larger bathroom. The cabin itself is the same size as a verandah. More comparable is The Haven Spa Suite or even better, an Aft Penthouse which gives you Haven privileges. But if you are comparing an Escape Aft Mini Suite to a Anthem Junior Suite, the better cabin is on Anthem.

Thanks for the reply. I think you are correct, a junior suite would probably a better choice. You get dinner access to the coastal kitchen and double cruise points. Two things that are pretty cool.