Just off Harmony - happy to answer any questions!

Crewzer33

Welcome back! We just booked the Harmony today for September 30. Can you tell me how was debarkation? I am thinking about a 10:30am flight :o

Gladys

I'll give my experience with debarkation. Just got off Harmony the 18th. We were scheduled for between 820 and 850 and asked to wait in the rear dining room. We got there about 8ish. waiting about 10 minutes and our number was called. Walked right out of the ship. Immediately found our luggage and were through customs in about 5 minutes. Was great.

Paullete - Did you have any issue sleeping due to noise from the aqua theatre? or did you stay up until the noise dies down at 11:30?

I'm not Paulette but I have to say we had no problem sleeping. We barely heard anything from outside. We were in cabin 8311. It's almost exactly midway in the row of cabins. We were the first row above the boardwalk. Was never noisy to us and my wife is very critical of noise when trying to sleep.

Paullete - Did you have any issue sleeping due to noise from the aqua theatre? or did you stay up until the noise dies down at 11:30?

They did have a movie being shown one night at 11pm in the Aqua Theater......it did cause a dull sound in our room (even with the balcony door and curtains closed), but it did not cause any sleeping issues due to the noise....we would got back to our cabin each night after midnight and it did not bother me at all.

We were in cabin 11329, which is the closest cabin on our deck to the Aqua Theater, except for the Aft facing suites.

Edited by Paulette3028

We did the self-disembark and got off the ship close to 8 a.m. Customs took maybe 15 mins max. Others in our group who left later said that the customs line was longer (up to an hour) but no line for taxis. We could have easily made a 10:40 flight, but were booked on an 11:45 flight out of FLL. The Mobile Passport line was very short if you wanted to go that route.

What is Mobile Passport?:eek:

Something like 1200. We had a very full sailing of 6322 passengers.....everyone had plenty to do. We never seemed overly stressed to find chairs at the pool....and the pool attendants did their job well -- removing 'towel people' from chairs, when they 'bodies' did not return for a significant amount of time. I commend them!

Glad to hear the pool patrol was out doing their job. We sail the end of next week and understand we have a full ship as well.

How was crowd control for the most part? This is our first Oasis Class ship and are a bit concerned about over-crowding?

I don't understand what you are asking about....please clarify, so I might be able to answer you.

I think they are asking about the Small Wonders around the ship that you look into. I thought I had read that Harmony does not have these.

Personally I prefer to avoid crowds if possible. For me (just disembarked on March 4) the only time any crowds bugged me was not being able to find a place to sit at the Windjammer at breakfast time (on a port day, when probably everyone was trying to eat at once before disembarking--our mistake), and trying to walk the length of the ship on Deck 15 (pool deck). The walkways there are kind of narrow so if you are behind a slowpoke, it's hard to pass them. Crowds at shows, buffets, walking on the boardwalk or in central park, dinner in the dining room, lines at the windjammer, deck chairs near the pools, in the Solarium, all of these had very reasonable crowds, or, better said: no crowds. I could ALWAYS find a deck chair and could always get some food pretty quickly without waiting in lines. For the number of people aboard (6100+ on our sailing), I was pretty impressed with how few crowds I had to deal with. We stayed on the ship as late as we could (about 10:30) on disembarkation day, and had really long lines to get to customs.

• 2 years later...
On 2/25/2017 at 5:51 PM, Ashland said:

We'll be in #9729, 9727, 9725 & 9723 in a few weeks.....We'll just look around that obstruction 😉

Can you tell me how it was itr do you have a picture? We have 9725 booked. Thanks!

On 2/28/2017 at 3:03 PM, lindsyh said:

I think they are asking about the Small Wonders around the ship that you look into. I thought I had read that Harmony does not have these.

That was my impression as well.  I didn't know what they were officially called, but while on our Oasis cruise, my 4 year old son (at the time) called them "Look-ins" so that's how I've always referred to them :)

But you are correct - we were on Harmony in March and I was specifically looking for them.  I didn't find any 😞

Edited by salsagrl

On 3/7/2017 at 12:20 PM, skyepatch said:

quick question.

Can you

buy a soda package right after boarding before you get your seapass card? If so, how will it show on the seapass card? Thanks.

Yes, but it will be more expensive by maybe $1 plus gratuities per day per person.  It will just show up the same as a regular charge does on the Sea Pass.  I guess I don't understand the how does it show up on the SeaPass.

2 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

Yes, but it will be more expensive by maybe $1 plus gratuities per day per person.  It will just show up the same as a regular charge does on the Sea Pass.  I guess I don't understand the how does it show up on the SeaPass.

When you pay, you will get a soda cup with a chip in it and you can begin to use it right away.  You will only have a couple of hours til you can get in your room.  Your Sea Pass will be there....take your receipt, along with the SeaPass card, to guest services and they will put a sticker on it for you.  I had the beverage package when on HOTS and showed my print out until I got to my room...only difference is that I already had the sticker on my card, as I had purchased the package pre-cruise.

• Like 1