Best line for triples?

1of4

We are considering a Paris to Normandy river cruise but we will be 3 since it is our daughter's 16th birthday. Does anyone know which companies will accommodate 3 in a cabin? We are not interested a Disney river cruise though.

Thanks.

AmaWaterways' newest ships [AmaViola (2016), AmaStella (2016), AmaKristina (2017), and AmaLea (2018)] each have a dozen cabins that can accommodate up to 3 passengers. They are used by Adventures by Disney for a few sailings but mainly for regular AMA sailings. However, these are 135m ships so they can't sail the Paris to Normandy itinerary.

The only river cruise line I know of with triple occupancy cabins on this route is CroisiEurope. Note that French is the official language onboard, although most crew members speak English. Here is more information about "Croisi"

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2230

Otherwise your best bet will probably be to book a regular cabin plus a single cabin (for example, AMA's Seine-based ship, AmaLyra, has two single cabins) or two cabins when there is a sale waiving the single supplement.

AmaWaterways' newest ships [AmaViola (2016), AmaStella (2016), AmaKristina (2017), and AmaLea (2018)] each have a dozen cabins that can accommodate up to 3 passengers. They are used by Adventures by Disney for a few sailings but mainly for regular AMA sailings. However, these are 135m ships so they can't sail the Paris to Normandy itinerary.

The only river cruise line I know of with triple occupancy cabins on this route is CroisiEurope. Note that French is the official language onboard, although most crew members speak English. Here is more information about "Croisi"

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2230

Otherwise your best bet will probably be to book a regular cabin plus a single cabin (for example, AMA's Seine-based ship, AmaLyra, has two single cabins) or two cabins when there is a sale waiving the single supplement.

Hostjazzbeau and hello 1of4,

I was going to agree with you, hostjazzbeau, about the Seine - having checked both ARosa (new on the Seine) and RivieraTravel (UK-based with a smaller and older ship on the Seine). But then I thought of the new Uniworld S.S. Joie de Vivre - glad I checked! She has five staterooms that are marked as available for triple accommodation: https://www.uniworld.com/eu/river-cruise/europe/france/a-portrait-of-majestic-france/2017-paris-to-bordeaux/deck-plans/

hostjazzbeau, allow me to refine what you have said about the 135m ships. They do sail the Seine but the overall journey is always shorter than those by the 110m ships as they cannot sail into downtown Paris or as far as Honfleur. Uniworld has found a unique solution of giving the new-built S.S. Joi de Vivre a hull length of 125m, that is better for docking in Paris, yet gives them more room on the ship than a 110m vessel has. However, I do not recall from reports them being able to go as far as Honfleur with her. That would be for a prospective customer to find out.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and what a lovely gift to give to a sixteen-year-old girl, 1of4. I am sure all of you will greatly enjoy it.

notamermaid

That is good to know acwmom,

had not thought to look up Tauck. The MS Sapphire has connecting rooms: http://www.tauck.com/tours/europe-tours/france-tour/paris-seine-river-cruise-rj-2017.aspx?tabPage=DeckPlans

Not long to go for your cruise now. I love the look of the S.S. Antoinette, saw her moored in Koblenz. A Canadian talked to me from the ship and said he loved the ship and the cruise. I am sure you will, too. Have a great time.

notamermaid

That is good to know acwmom,

had not thought to look up Tauck. The MS Sapphire has connecting rooms: http://www.tauck.com/tours/europe-tours/france-tour/paris-seine-river-cruise-rj-2017.aspx?tabPage=DeckPlans

Not long to go for your cruise now. I love the look of the S.S. Antoinette, saw her moored in Koblenz. A Canadian talked to me from the ship and said he loved the ship and the cruise. I am sure you will, too. Have a great time.

notamermaid

We are looking forward to it. We will be in Lucerne for 2 nights prior to the cruise starting, and will then make our way to Basel. Uniworld will then shuttle us to Breisach, where the cruise will start. Hoping for sunny weather-we won't mind that it's cool!

Robin

Thanks so much everyone. I didn't want you to think I was ignoring your helpful advice. It has been a tough few days but when I figure out what we do I will be reporting back!

We are doing the Paris to Normandy cruise on the Seine next month on Vantage, and taking our daughter who is 14. We have two cabins, across the hall, and there was no single supplement charged. I'm not sure if this was a special offer...but if so, it looks like something they have on their website frequently. There is also an owners suite on the boat that has a pullout sofa, so that could be an option.