YC Drinks throughout ship

sooner33

Thanks to eroller , who pointed it out , when i booked the other day Yacht Club only got drinks in the Yacht club areas , looks like the website has updated

Here is the info now for yacht Club

Unlimited drinks in all MSC Yacht Club areas including the mini-bar in the suite. Unlimited beverage selection also available in all bars and restaurants of the ship according to the drink selection available at each venue.

Originally posted by sooner33
I dont know but if you just go to the website

go to fleet

Pick your ship

Go to accomodations / rooms tab

then hit the plus sign next to your room

See what it says

I did this for Seaside. And as you say it does show drinks in all bars, but I checked for Davina, and it still has the following. I wonder if Seaside is different because she doesn't sail until after the summer begins.

MSC-YC_logo_no_exp.png

The epitome of elegance and luxury at sea

The MSC Yacht Club offers a cruise experience like no other.

Lavishly appointed suites, exclusive 24-hour butler service and a dedicated conciergeare only the start. All-inclusive private restaurant, unlimited drinks in all MSC Yacht Club areas* orfrom your minibar and exclusive access to The One Sun Deckand Top Sail Lounge are just some of the other privileges.

So, if you?re looking for exclusivity and privacy, the MSC Yacht Club is the ultimate solution.

*Starting Summer 2017, unlimited beverage selection will also be available in all bars and restaurants of the ship according to the drink selection available in the each venue.

Thanks to eroller , who pointed it out , when i booked the other day Yacht Club only got drinks in the Yacht club areas , looks like the website has updated

Here is the info now for yacht Club

Unlimited drinks in all MSC Yacht Club areas including the mini-bar in the suite. Unlimited beverage selection also available in all bars and restaurants of the ship according to the drink selection available at each venue.

Upcoming is our first MSC cruise, a B2B on Divina in Yacht Club. I previously understood that premium alcohols were extra $ and I even saw an image in a thread with 'what and how much certain alcohol was (Grey Goose, Jose Cuervo Silver Tequila, etc.)

So, is this now not the case?

Anyone?

Thanks.

This is nice and all, but they have not said which drinks/brands you can get ship wide(top shelf, call, well, etc.) So those planning a cruise can't decide whether or not they need to buy a beverage package or not (if they want higher brands, which many do.) Does anyone have any information on this?

For the divina i just saw what you posted " *Starting Summer 2017, unlimited beverage selection will also be available in all bars and restaurants of the ship according to the drink selection available in the each venue. "

I dont know the date it will startAlso my understanding when i booked was any drink under 8 dollars , so most brands were included in that , again i might be wrong i am new to MSC :)

For the divina i just saw what you posted " *Starting Summer 2017, unlimited beverage selection will also be available in all bars and restaurants of the ship according to the drink selection available in the each venue. "

I dont know the date it will startAlso my understanding when i booked was any drink under 8 dollars , so most brands were included in that , again i might be wrong i am new to MSC :)

Himm, can you find anything that says that and post it? I am interested. Thanks!

Himm, can you find anything that says that and post it? I am interested. Thanks!

About the drinks for $8 and under m that is what my agent said when i booked , so nothing in writing , but I am coming from carnival so either way im good :)

i am hoping to get more info this summer when its rolled out on divina then we can see what it will be on seaside

Summer 2017 star on April 1, 2017. That's what MSC told me whe I called.

About the drinks for $8 and under m that is what my agent said when i booked

Sounds like the more for less package. It makes sense that they would just tack on an existing package for YC guests, as it would cause the least confusion for workers and no rewriting of bar menus. As it is now, your drink package is shown with a code on your cruise card. The servers and bartenders know before swiping if you are eligible for whatever you've ordered.

Throw in a new code, and everybody gets confused. We had this happen on our sailing, as the code on our cards was for specialty dining and not our drink package. Nobody had seen that code before, and even though our card worked when swiped, we had new cards made because it was such an issue.

Sounds like the more for less package. It makes sense that they would just tack on an existing package for YC guests, as it would cause the least confusion for workers and no rewriting of bar menus. As it is now, your drink package is shown with a code on your cruise card. The servers and bartenders know before swiping if you are eligible for whatever you've ordered.

Throw in a new code, and everybody gets confused. We had this happen on our sailing, as the code on our cards was for specialty dining and not our drink package. Nobody had seen that code before, and even though our card worked when swiped, we had new cards made because it was such an issue.

Hope it is that way, that sounds like it would work well. On the other hand, NCL changes things and codes all the time (or they have in the past) which confuses their staff.

This is nice and all, but they have not said which drinks/brands you can get ship wide(top shelf, call, well, etc.) So those planning a cruise can't decide whether or not they need to buy a beverage package or not (if they want higher brands, which many do.) Does anyone have any information on this?

Exactly the question. I guess we can't get to a CC member that has recently sailed, so we'll have to wait until we get there to take a look at the bottles first hand.