Unusual Pricing on Star

Oakman58

I know NCL changes the cruise pricing all the time based on supply and demand. Even so, I do think it’s interesting that currently on the Dec 1st 2017 Panama Canal cruise on the Star, the mini-suites are cheaper than the standard balconies. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. I wouldn't think this pricing will last very long.

I saw this on our April 23 from Venice on the Star. Balcony for cheaper than inside and cheaper than the OV we already booked! Called and tried to get an upgrade since the balcony was now the same price as we paid for OV, no luck. Now I wait to see if they accept my bid via upgrade advantage!

Prices have since returned to normal (lasted 2 days over the weekend).

Go to the NCL website and see what cabins NCL is pushing (suggested) and see the deck plan with visual

occupancy availability. OR contact your TA who may have a bigger better picture of the availability issue.

Like Ate' has noted: undesireable because of location under the pool deck or buffet - or the noisy confiligation

of proximity to elevators stairways and crew access areas - "camp town races all day all night activity" - no rest

for the wicked !

On a side note maybe a group broker had a group cancellation or something did not pass muster and the results

is a block or several blocks of cabins available at a discount to sell on short notice.

I know NCL changes the cruise pricing all the time based on supply and demand. Even so, I do think it’s interesting that currently on the Dec 1st 2017 Panama Canal cruise on the Star, the mini-suites are cheaper than the standard balconies. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. I wouldn't think this pricing will last very long.

Be very careful of sailing on this ship!!!! Read the reviews of the Jan cruise ( or actually the FLOAT) from Hong Kong

Be very careful of this ship. :eek::eek::eek:

Read the reviews of the January cruise ( or should I say FLOAT ) from Hong Kong.

Disable at sea and had to be Towed-tugged back into Melbourne.

Missed too many port --a waste.