What terminal and parking garage at Port Everglades?

Trish Traveler

First time driving down to Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise and wondering how do I find out what terminal the Silhouette will be using on March 26 and which parking garage at the port is closest. Do you generally drop off luggage first and then park? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Parking in the garages is expensive.

I now use Park N Go (bookparkngo.com.)

You can make a reservation online for as little as $7.95 per day.

Conveniently located

Free drop off and pick up of you and your luggage.

1 free day with each 10 used

Check them out....

First time driving down to Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise and wondering how do I find out what terminal the Silhouette will be using on March 26 and which parking garage at the port is closest. Do you generally drop off luggage first and then park? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm sure that you can find the terminal information online when you are filling out your pre-check-in setup.

Regarding parking, I would recommend using someone other than the port parking. It is way more expensive and in my experience, not much of a savings time-wise.

I've used Park by the Ports (www.parkbytheports.com) and really was happy with them.

They have free shuttle service and if you reserve online ahead of time, you save even more money.

Hope this helps! Enjoy your cruise!! :tropical-drink:

Yes, use an offsite parking. We also prefer park and go, not to be confused with park and fly. You will save money by booking and paying ahead online. Service is outstanding. They are also very easy to find in the parking lot after customs. They help with luggage, take you directly to your car and it is the nearest to the port., and very reasonable. Cruise parking has jumped the shark on prices. One person in your party will still have to take a shuttle and come back to get you. You will already be in your car with Park n Go. Just know that with high demand on sailing dates, you may have to valet park.

Cruise parking has jumped the shark on prices. One person in your party will still have to take a shuttle and come back to get you. .

Are you referring to cruise parking? We've never taken a shuttle. We just both walk across the street.:confused:

Another vote for park n go. I've used them twice. The second time I was early off the ship. I called them and within a few minutes they were there to pick me up. They took me directly to my car. I was the only one on the shuttle. They took the luggage out of my car on the way out and put it in my car on the way back.

If you use them, book early because the price increases the closer you get to the sail date.

You can check the pier assignment of your ship at the Port Everglades website. Click on Ship Schedule. Their port map also shows where the various parking garages are in relation to the assigned pier. I've used both offsite parking and parking garages. For me, it usually depends on the length of the cruise. It is nice to just stroll across the street to collect your car. Do remember the the Port Everglades website is .NET, not .com.

Thanks

Port 25 and leaving at 4:30. See ya on the ship :)

Are you referring to cruise parking? We've never taken a shuttle. We just both walk across the street.:confused:

In Miami we could just walk across the street. In FLL it was strictly shuttle service - one family member allowed. Guess it depends on which berth the ship is in. However, things may have changed - we have not used cruise parking in years. Too inconvenient too expensive. They've already lost my business, so improvements don't matter to us. This was also when there were at least 8 ships in port. I think those days are also gone.

In Miami we could just walk across the street. In FLL it was strictly shuttle service - one family member allowed. Guess it depends on which berth the ship is in. However, things may have changed - we have not used cruise parking in years. Too inconvenient too expensive. They've already lost my business, so improvements don't matter to us. This was also when there were at least 8 ships in port. I think those days are also gone.

Now I'm confused/concerned.

We'll be using the port parking in FLL. DH doesn't like to valet park, and we've always just walked across the street in Fort Lauderdale.

How is it for Silhouette now?

Check the Port Everglades app for both your cruise beginning and end dates for terminal locations. We didn't have any problem with Silhouette when we sailed her as we started and ended at the same terminal but we were surprised the last time we sailed Royal Princess as we left from Terminal 18 but returned to Terminal 21 (not quite as convenient to the parking garage at Terminal 18) there were of course shuttles back to the garage but we lost some time getting back to our car!

I just checked rates for our April cruise, park n go and the port are both $15 a day at the day of cruise.

IF - I reserve now with park n go it drops $3 a day for a difference of $21 on a 7 day cruise. I'm not sure it's worth the loss of convenience for $21 but I have time to think about it.