GSC Cabanas Small or large?

beachys

We are going to Great Stirrup Cay on Breakaway.

We've been there before and had a large cabana. We only need a small Cabana this time, but there isn't much difference in cost between the two.

Anyone have any insights on whether the large or small cabanas have the better location? Besides amount of people allowed is there a difference in the Cabanas?

Thanks in advance!

The small cabanas have a bit more grass in front than the large cabanas and are located closer to the lagoon and farther from the main beach. We loved our large cabana (I think we had #1, which had a larger side yard and a hammock), but we probably would have been happy with any of the cabanas, large or small.

We are going to Great Stirrup Cay on Breakaway.

We've been there before and had a large cabana. We only need a small Cabana this time, but there isn't much difference in cost between the two.

Anyone have any insights on whether the large or small cabanas have the better location?

Besides amount of people allowed is there a difference in the Cabanas?

Thanks in advance!

Here's a nice thread with more info and pictures (below)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2170833

We had planned the day with another couple from our CC Roll-Call to share the cost.

After much investigation Booked Cabana 11 (way in advance). However, because of sea conditions(?)

the Breakaway said we had to miss the GSC.:mad:

Edited by $hip$hape

• 6 months later...

Can anybody tell me why some pictures of the large cabanas look like there is a nice padded sofa in the cabana, but some pictures only have lounge chairs and no sofa? My mother in law had a stroke last year and it would be really nice and comfy for her to relax on a padded sofa so if there is one, it would be a big factor in us renting one.

We had #12 small cabana recently. Perfect location. Just a heads up I would have been upset id we were put in the last small cabana (I think it is #25 or something like that). Right after that cabana is where the construction on the Haven area is still ongoing. For part of the day construction equipment was being moved around. Noisy and probably kicking up some sand. Maybe they should comp or reduce that cabin? No way is it as restful as the others.

We had #12 small cabana recently. Perfect location. Just a heads up I would have been upset id we were put in the last small cabana (I think it is #25 or something like that). Right after that cabana is where the construction on the Haven area is still ongoing. For part of the day construction equipment was being moved around. Noisy and probably kicking up some sand. Maybe they should comp or reduce that cabin? No way is it as restful as the others.

Do you mind me asking what you paid? On our cruise online it says $550 for a small cabana. Is this because we are on the Breakaway?

Can anybody tell me why some pictures of the large cabanas look like there is a nice padded sofa in the cabana, but some pictures only have lounge chairs and no sofa? My mother in law had a stroke last year and it would be really nice and comfy for her to relax on a padded sofa so if there is one, it would be a big factor in us renting one.

we had Large #1 and it had the padded couch and loungers on the deck in front.

Large

fc99c993608b00da3597713768536d8f.jpg

Small

29f4e1dcb2a9676159cd117e0b26b0c8.jpg

Construction

e25d5f0ffc825c6cf15ef06317317dee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums