Cabin on Adventure of the Seas question

cwhet

Hello! I've been reading here for months and appreciate all of the knowledge I've gained. We have been on one other RCI cruise and I think we are brand loyal now! It was on the Allure in 2014. Only one other cruise ever, many years ago on Carnival. I have a question I'm seeking help with.

We sail July 1st on Adventure of the Seas. I suspect that our cabin is one of the newly added ones. Is there a way to find this out? We are booked for cabin 2345.

There is a website that reviews and has photos of cabins from ships all over, and our cabin was not on their deck plan on the ship. I asked them, and they said it was likely new and they'd add it.

This is an inside cabin. We did inside before and were fine with it. We have booked a lot of shore excursions and don't mind saving money on the cabin. But with all of the reading I've done and advice I'm seeing, it's tempting me to see if I can change to something with an ocean view at least.

I'm a "germophobe" and really like things to be newer, so if this cabin is one of the new ones, it will probably make me happier than something with a view. If it isn't, I'm tempted to switch.

Can anyone offer advice or insight? And, can I just call RCI and ask if it's one of the new cabins? The RCI blog does say they have completed the renovations for the ship and have added studio cabins on deck 2.

cwhet...IMO I would look for a different cabin. The issue for us wouldn't be that it's an inside cabin but the location of the cabin. We purposely choose cabins that do not have a public venue above or below the cabin. The cabin you are considering is below the MDR and you may possibly experience noise in the early morning hours with the crew cleaning or sitting up for breakfast. Just my guess but we wouldn't chance it if we had the option to select a cabin elsewhere. Welcome to Cruise Critic.

This is all great advice. Thanks for taking the time to respond! Here is a cut and paste from article (on cruise critic from March 10th) about the new cabins.

news-adventure-ots.jpg

(1:15 p.m. EST) -- Almost four months after Hurricane Matthew forced Royal Caribbean to scale back and divide up its refurbishment of Adventure of the Seas, the ship has received the last of its upgrades. Among the new additions are Chops Grille and studio cabins.

Cruise Critic learned of the additions from ******************.com, which noted that Chops Grille is now open on Deck 4, and five inside studio cabins have been added on Deck 2.

Back in late October, after Hurricane Matthew caused extensive damage at the Bahamian shipyard in which Adventure of the Seas was located, Royal Caribbean had said it would not be possible to include any of the new cabin categories originally scheduled to be added during the dry dock. So the new studio cabins come as a surprise.

Upgrades completed during the original dry dock included renovations to Boleros Lounge and the ship's two-story mini-golf course. Completed shortly after the dry dock were the additions of the Dual Racer waterslides, FlowRider and Splashaway Bay Aqua Park.

--By Dori Saltzman, Senior Editor

Her cabin does not seem to be under the kitchen. :)

Agree but less likely and seem would be a concern for selecting a cabin for us. Another concern we would have is what is under deck 2. Just throwing out things to consider before making a cabin selection. But my (our) concerns may not be an issue or concerns for the OP. Just something to consider.

deck twelve was not added we were to have one I got an e-mail to call them or they would just assign us a cabin I called got a cabin on deck 8 as far as other cabins if they have not emailed you then they were done I am guessing best to call them

• 3 weeks later...