Our Carnival Pride Repo Journeys Cruise (with pics) - 2/26/17

Jamman54

Hi Jeff,

It was great meeting you and Patti at the Bay Harbor Hotel. I really liked the hotel especially the restaurant. The food was really good and the staff was friendly.

My group of 8 loved this cruise in fact we think it was one of the best we have ever been on. We went to Paradise Beach in Cozumel, in Costa Rica didn't plan anything but hired a cab driver who took us on a great tour. He stopped at several places to let us taste fruit, chocolate, corn on the cob, he showed us the different flowers and plants and took us to an area to see the monkeys and sloths in the trees. We also went on a boat ride through the rain forest. The Panama Canal was amazing. In Aruba we went to Moomba Beach, Bonaire we went to a resort with a pool& beach with great snorkeling. In St. Maarten we went to a restaurant we fell in love with when we stayed there 2 years ago.

Really enjoying your review & Patti's pictures.

Thanks,

Michel (Ms. Fun Bunch)

Please share the name of the resort in Bonaire. Thanks

It took us about 15 minutes to reach the Barcelo Aruba. We checked in at the main desk and received our wrist bands. The Lobby area was beautiful…..

IMG_2304-XL.jpg

IMG_2305-XL.jpg

IMG_2309-XL.jpg

Here are our first views of the grounds of the Barcelo Aruba……

IMG_2310-XL.jpg

IMG_2312-XL.jpg

Thank goodness that there were plenty of signs giving directions. This way to the beach…..

IMG_2313-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

On the way to the beach we passed the main pool and pool bar, which at this time, were not very busy…..

IMG_2316-XL.jpg

IMG_2317-XL.jpg

This is The Beach Club Restaurant. This venue was included in our day pass…..

IMG_2318-XL.jpg

IMG_2319-XL.jpg

Once on the beach, we set up in the shade. The first three loungers were ours…..

IMG_2322-XL.jpg

IMG_2323-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Please share the name of the resort in Bonaire. Thanks

Don't know if Ms. Fun Bunch will be posting again, but I would venture a guess that she was referring to the Plaza Beach Resort. I had tried to book an all inclusive day pass there, but I had waited too long and got shut out. :mad:

We made our way back to The Palm Restaurant Buffet to have some breakfast. You could choose to eat outside with the iguanas, or inside. We chose inside. Lol.

IMG_2311-XL.jpg

The breakfast buffet was extensive! I’ll let Patti’s pictures tell the story for the next few pages…..

IMG_2331-XL.jpg

IMG_2332-XL.jpg

IMG_2333-XL.jpg

IMG_2334-XL.jpg

IMG_2335-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Patti caught me loading up…..

IMG_2339-XL.jpg

This was Patti’s first plate…….

IMG_2342-XL.jpg

This was my first plate…..

IMG_2344-XL.jpg

Breakfast completed, we made our way back to the beach, again passing the pool and pool bar, which were a little busier now…..

IMG_2352-XL.jpg

IMG_2353-XL.jpg

The water was a lot of pretty shades of blue…..

IMG_2354-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Yep. They ARE! :D

Jeff, please tell Patti how impressed I am with her Panama Canal Pictures. It was like I was going through the Canal again. Her pictures are so much better than the ones I took.

I also wanted to comment about brunch during rough seas. On one of those "rough sea days" after the Canal (don't remember which one) we were just finishing up brunch when a couple of waves hit so hard that the glassware and plates on the table started sliding toward the window....fast. Luckily, one of our temporary table mates was sitting right by the window & stuck out his arm faster than the dishes and stopped them before they flew off the table.

Your friend, Krazy Kris

Butch and I were in there at that time. Some dishes crashed to the floor. The waiters had just set up all the tables and some had no people at them. Quite a surprise.

Don't know if Ms. Fun Bunch will be posting again, but I would venture a guess that she was referring to the Plaza Beach Resort. I had tried to book an all inclusive day pass there, but I had waited too long and got shut out. :mad:

I had booked there as a backup. I was on the wait list for Woodwind. We got the morning Woodwind so I cancelled the Plaza Beach Resort. I think you can also take a chance and go there on port day. Thanks, I wanted the information for future cruises. Enjoying the review and wish we were still there. Are you booked on the Jan 7th Pride journey?

I had booked there as a backup. I was on the wait list for Woodwind. We got the morning Woodwind so I cancelled the Plaza Beach Resort. I think you can also take a chance and go there on port day. Thanks, I wanted the information for future cruises. Enjoying the review and wish we were still there. Are you booked on the Jan 7th Pride journey?

I had thought about just showing up but decided against it. This was our first time in Bonaire so I didn't want to waste valuable time.

Though the Pride is our favorite ship, we want to try to sail the whole fleet, so we booked the Conquest for a B2B instead. :)

Another fabulous review! Thank for sharing your vacation with us.

Thanks so much for reading! :)

It was time for me to get in the water, so I grabbed the water camera and in I went. Here are some of my in water views of Palm Beach…..

IMG_2355.1-XL.jpg

IMG_2355.2-XL.jpg

IMG_2355.3-XL.jpg

That’s the Riu. That hotel is enormous!

IMG_2355.4-XL.jpg

IMG_2355.5-XL.jpg

IMG_2355.6-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

We're on this cruise!!! (y)(y)

Here are a few more views taken with my water camera…..

IMG_2357.2-XL.jpg

There’s Patti on the shore. She has been walking along the beach taking pictures…..

IMG_2357.3-XL.jpg

That’s me in the water…..

IMG_2360-XL.jpg

Let’s take a look at some of the photos Patti took while walking along Palm Beach…..

IMG_2358-XL.jpg

IMG_2362-XL.jpg

IMG_2364-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

The Captain…..

IMG_2376-XL.jpg

Plenty of watersports are available…..

IMG_2377-XL.jpg

IMG_2379-XL.jpg

A cactus grove……

IMG_2380-XL.jpg

Another view of the Pelican Pier…..

IMG_2382-XL.jpg

We were getting thirsty, so we made our way to the Pool Bar. We passed the towel hut along the way…..

IMG_2389-XL.jpg

To be continued…….

We were in Aruba on a B2B. Sure wish we had known about this place and we would have booked it. Looks like you had a great day. And Patti looks like she has lost a lot of weight! :) Maybe all the walking around taking pictures on your cruises! :cool:

Let me tell you that there were iguanas everywhere! These guys were not little either………

My brother in Law just went to Puerto Rico (I think) and went on a hunting spree. I bet there were over 30 of those things in the pic. Yuck.

We were in Aruba on a B2B. Sure wish we had known about this place and we would have booked it. Looks like you had a great day. And Patti looks like she has lost a lot of weight! :) Maybe all the walking around taking pictures on your cruises! :cool:

We would go back there again. Great beach, pool, food, and drinks! :D Patti did lose a lot of weight, and she'll be happy that you noticed! She got herself a part time job for cruise money, and she does a lot of walking! :D

My brother in Law just went to Puerto Rico (I think) and went on a hunting spree. I bet there were over 30 of those things in the pic. Yuck.

They really don't bother anyone. The Barceló Aruba used a lot of rocks in their landscaping, and iguanas just hang out on those and sun themselves. :cool:

Guests only please…….

IMG_2385-XL.jpg

IMG_2384-XL.jpg

We are approaching the pool area…….

IMG_2383-XL.jpg

Patti catches me at the Pool Bar and in the pool. Those are different drinks in each picture. Lol…….

IMG_2387-XL.jpg

IMG_2388-XL.jpg

IMG_2390-XL.jpg

To be continued…….