Our Carnival Pride Repo Journeys Cruise (with pics) - 2/26/17

Jamman54

Hi all!

Jeff ~ what a great description of the Panama Canal transit.(y) Too bad you couldn't do a shore excursion from Gatun Lake, we were able to many years ago on HAL. Had you read the book "Path Between the Seas" before the cruise?

I see you're on to the banana splits from the childrens' menu too. I chose that when nothing else appealed to me.

I'm going to try to get my kids to play LCR when they come for Easter, it's a lot of fun!

Have a great weekend.

~ Jo ~ :)

Patti had butter pecan ice cream for her dessert, while I had a banana split and a key lime mousse….

IMG_2257-XL.jpg

Tonight’s show in the Taj Mahal was the Playlist Production of “Heart of Soul”.

After a walk around the ship we decided to call it a night. Here is tonight’s turndown service and towel animal…..

IMG_2265-XL.jpg

IMG_2266-XL.jpg

Coming up next: Aruba, one happy island. Oh Yea!!!

can i get a turkey burger at guys?

I know they have veggie burgers, I don't think they have turkey burgers.

Hi all!

Jeff ~ what a great description of the Panama Canal transit.(y) Too bad you couldn't do a shore excursion from Gatun Lake, we were able to many years ago on HAL. Had you read the book "Path Between the Seas" before the cruise?

I see you're on to the banana splits from the childrens' menu too. I chose that when nothing else appealed to me.

I'm going to try to get my kids to play LCR when they come for Easter, it's a lot of fun!

Have a great weekend.

~ Jo ~ :)

Thanks Jo!! Glad you enjoyed it. No, I didn't read any books on the Panama Canal. Kind of wish I did.

Yes, I loved those little banana splits. My problem was I would have a banana split AND something else! :D

At 8:30am we made our way down to the Normandie Restaurant for the Sea Day Brunch. We figured that with the seas so rough there wouldn’t be many people there, but boy were we wrong. The line was fairly long, but it was moving quickly. I had forgotten that with so many veteran cruisers aboard, a little rocking and rolling wouldn’t deter anybody!

IMG_2117-XL.jpg

Here is the Sea Day Brunch menu……

IMG_2118-XL.jpg

IMG_2119-XL.jpg

We used our free drink coupons today. I had a screwdriver, while Patti ordered a Malibu bay breeze. We each had some breakfast cake…..

IMG_2121-XL.jpg

I had my usual ranchos hueveros with a side order of corned beef hash…..

IMG_2122-XL.jpg

Patti had a cheddar and tomato omelet with a side order od turkey bacon…..

IMG_2123-XL.jpg

To be continued……

Ok Jeff...ask Patti what is in the Malibu Bay Breeze. That sounds amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for doing this review. I have really enjoyed it, especially the canal. It's on my bucket list. Were you able to hear the commentary about the canal while on your balcony?

Glad you are enjoying it. Could not hear the commentary with the balcony door closed, but if you propped it open..... :)

Ok Jeff...ask Patti what is in the Malibu Bay Breeze. That sounds amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Patti loves them! It's a fruity tropical mixed drink made with pineapple juice, coconut rum and a splash of cranberry juice. :tropical-drink:

To experience going through the locks. Welcome to CC.:)

Gotcha! I didn't know if there was a reason transportation wise. I was interesting to see in your pictures! I have enjoyed following along. :D

Me too...one day one day,,,,

Yep. They ARE! :D

Jeff, please tell Patti how impressed I am with her Panama Canal Pictures. It was like I was going through the Canal again. Her pictures are so much better than the ones I took.

I also wanted to comment about brunch during rough seas. On one of those "rough sea days" after the Canal (don't remember which one) we were just finishing up brunch when a couple of waves hit so hard that the glassware and plates on the table started sliding toward the window....fast. Luckily, one of our temporary table mates was sitting right by the window & stuck out his arm faster than the dishes and stopped them before they flew off the table.

Your friend, Krazy Kris

Yep. They ARE! :D

Jeff, please tell Patti how impressed I am with her Panama Canal Pictures. It was like I was going through the Canal again. Her pictures are so much better than the ones I took.

I also wanted to comment about brunch during rough seas. On one of those "rough sea days" after the Canal (don't remember which one) we were just finishing up brunch when a couple of waves hit so hard that the glassware and plates on the table started sliding toward the window....fast. Luckily, one of our temporary table mates was sitting right by the window & stuck out his arm faster than the dishes and stopped them before they flew off the table.

Your friend, Krazy Kris

I agree about the pictures. We actually did a partial transit years ago and I got more out of seeing Patti's pictures than actually BEING there! :confused:

Hitting a wave is so scary. The lst cruise we went on, the old Celebrity Horizon, had to get back to NY around Hurricane Gloria. We were sitting on Lido on a lounger and just about to doze off when we hit a wave and it was like we hit a huge brick wall. You could feel the ship shudder. Everyone jumped up....found out later we hit a "swell." A very scary moment, but didn't stop me from cruising for the next 25 years and counting! :ship::cool:

Gotcha! I didn't know if there was a reason transportation wise. I was interesting to see in your pictures! I have enjoyed following along. :D

Glad to have you aboard! :)

Jeff..so thrilled to be reading another review...you make them fabulous...happy April and thanks again...I may even be one behind this one..lol...Godpseed....Sarah THANK YOU!!!

Hey Sarah!! Patti and I are so happy to have you with us once again! :D

Me too...one day one day,,,,

I'm next in line!!! ;);p

You guys are too much!!! :D We would love to cruise with all of you. We have six cruises booked, soon to be seven, over the next two years, including two B2B's.. If any of them interest you, we would love to see you aboard! :D

Your friend, Krazy Kris

Hey Kris!! I don't have to tell Patti, you already did!! She reads this thread all day long!! :D

That same brunch I had to catch the tableware several times, and the sound of crashing dishes was heard pretty often. :eek:

I agree about the pictures. We actually did a partial transit years ago and I got more out of seeing Patti's pictures than actually BEING there! :confused:

Hitting a wave is so scary. The lst cruise we went on, the old Celebrity Horizon, had to get back to NY around Hurricane Gloria. We were sitting on Lido on a lounger and just about to doze off when we hit a wave and it was like we hit a huge brick wall. You could feel the ship shudder. Everyone jumped up....found out later we hit a "swell." A very scary moment, but didn't stop me from cruising for the next 25 years and counting! :ship::cool:

Hey Karry!! Patti took about 600 pictures during our partial transit. I saw things in those pictures that I don't remember seeing when I was standing at the rail! :D

You guys are too much!!! :D We would love to cruise with all of you. We have six cruises booked, soon to be seven, over the next two years, including two B2B's.. If any of them interest you, we would love to see you aboard! :D

LOL....couldn't see your cruise countdowns. We have the Sunshine in September, just because we want to visit "our first CCL ship" again, and to take one more cruise out of Manhattan. Then the Journeys cruise on PRIDE ;) in January. If I win the lottery, I want to book the Magic B2B for March, 2018. Fingers crossed!

Sunday,March 5th - Oranjestad, Aruba ( 8am - 8pm ).

Here are today’s Fun Times……

IMG_2268.1-XL.jpg

IMG_2268.2-XL.jpg

IMG_2268.3-XL.jpg

IMG_2268.4-X2.jpg

We awoke a little bit before 7am, just as we were pulling into the port of Oranjestad, Aruba. It was mostly sunny and quite warm. Here is a view of the terminal buildings from our balcony. The Costa Magica is docked behind us out of view……

IMG_2272-XL.jpg

In the distance we can see the M/V Freewinds. This vessel is owned by the Church of Scientology and is surrounded by controversy. I’ll say no more, you can look it up……

IMG_2273-XL.jpg

To be continued……

Some additional views from our balcony……

IMG_2284-XL.jpg

IMG_2275-XL.jpg

IMG_2276-XL.jpg

IMG_2277-XL.jpg

IMG_2278-XL.jpg

This was our plan for the day. We booked this prior to the cruise at Caribbeandaypass.dot.com.

Barcelo(​Occidental) Grand Aruba Day Pass

Set amid the pristine white sands of Aruba's famed Palm Beach, the Barcelo Aruba Resort allows you to enjoy all that this tropical island has to offer. This exclusive all-inclusive resort caters to those seeking an exotic island getaway. Relax in the natural shade of the palm-dotted beach while you sift your fingers through the fine, powdery white sand. If you are tired of relaxing, try one of many outdoor water activities, like snorkeling, kayaking or sailing.

Hours:

•Daytime Pass: 9:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m.

•Afternoon/Evening Pass: 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., with dinner at The Palm Restaurant (buffet-style from 6:00 p.m.)

Day/EveningPass Rate - payment in full:

•Age 4 andUp – US $77.00

•Age 3 andUnder - Free

Inclusions:

•Unlimited meals, snacks & beverages

•Full open bar with international brands, 6 restaurants,3 bars & 1 Disco with bar

•Free-form pool with 2 whirlpools

•Exercise room

•Scuba introduction clinics

•Daily activities program by the pool & beach area

•Chaise lounges (as available) at the pool and beach areas

•Towel service

•Sports: 2 tennis courts, water volley tournaments, aqua aerobics, snorkeling and kayaking

•Kids Club with supervised activities (ages 4–12)

•Taxes & gratuities

Charges may apply to spa, golf, scuba, motorized water sports, and other activities.

We didn’t need to eat breakfast on the ship today, since the Barcelo served a breakfast buffet. So, at a little before 9am, Patti and I left the ship. You could tell it was a bit breezy outside, which is normal for Aruba…..

IMG_2287-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Here is gangway of the Carnival Pride……

IMG_2288-XL.jpg

There were “Welcome” signs everywhere…..

IMG_2292-XL.jpg

IMG_2294-XL.jpg

The taxi stand is right outside the terminal doors. Here are the rates. It would cost us $14 plus tip to get to the Barcelo…..

IMG_2295-XL.jpg

In no time at all we were on our way, and as we left the port area we got a closer look at the Freewind and the Costa Magica…..

IMG_2300-XL.jpg

IMG_2301-XL.jpg

To be continued…..