Our Carnival Pride Repo Journeys Cruise (with pics) - 2/26/17

Jamman54

We loved the landscaping here…….

IMG_2392-XL.jpg

IMG_2409-XL.jpg

So do these guys…..

IMG_2412-XL.jpg

Here’s a view of the swim up side of the Pool Bar…..

IMG_2416-XL.jpg

A couple of views of Hot Tub Island…..

IMG_2414-XL.jpg

IMG_2415-XL.jpg

To be continued…….

Patti decides to have a late lunch at The Palm Restaurant Buffet. I decide to remain in the pool and have some more Bacardi and cokes. I would regret this decision later! Lol…..

IMG_2394-XL.jpg

Here in pictures is the lunch buffet at The Palm Restaurant Buffet…..

IMG_2419-XL.jpg

IMG_2420-XL.jpg

IMG_2421-XL.jpg

IMG_2422-XL.jpg

IMG_2423-XL.jpg

To be continued……

After lunch, Patti grabs the water camera and joins me in the pool. Yep, that’s another Bacardi and coke………

IMG_2436.2-XL.jpg

Patti is enjoying the pool……..

IMG_2436.5-XL.jpg

Here’s a view of the swim up side of the Pool Bar…….

IMG_2436.4-XL.jpg

Here is the bridge to Hot Tub Island…….

IMG_2436.7-XL.jpg

Hot Tub Island…….

IMG_2436.3-XL.jpg

What a beautiful afternoon. A gentle breeze is blowing through the palm trees…..

IMG_2437.1-XL.jpg

To be continued……

We stayed at the Barcelo Aruba until around 5:30, when Patti decided that I had had enough and it was time to leave. Lol. Grabbing a taxi back to the port was super easy. Again, it was $14 plus tip for the ride. Here we are passing the Freewinds as we enter the port……

IMG_2438-XL.jpg

The Costa Magica and the Carnival Pride docked in Oranjestad, Aruba…..

IMG_2462-XL.jpg

IMG_2446-XL.jpg

I made my way back on board while Patti did some shopping in the terminal building…….

IMG_2468-XL.jpg

As she returned to the ship, Patti got these long range shots of me on our balcony…..

IMG_2479-XL.jpg

IMG_2480-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Here are a couple of night time shots of Oranjestad, Aruba…..

IMG_2482-XL.jpg

IMG_2483-XL.jpg

We decided to just hang out in the cabin and have a room service dinner tonight. Patti had a garden salad and a turkey sandwich…….

IMG_2487-XL.jpg

IMG_2486-XL.jpg

I had the chicken wings and a Philly cheesesteak……..

IMG_2484-XL.jpg

IMG_2488-XL.jpg

To be continued……

We sailed at 8pm. It was a beautiful night to watch the sail away from our balcony…..

IMG_2490-XL.jpg

IMG_2491-XL.jpg

IMG_2493-XL.jpg

IMG_2492-XL.jpg

We remained in our cabin for the rest of the night. For those that are interested, the show in the Taj Mahal tonight was Marcus Anthony.

Two new comedians joined the ship today. They are Seth Buchwald and Steve Burr. Can’t wait to check them out!

Coming up next: Our first visit ever to Bonaire!

Another great read Jeff. I had planned on taking a taxi down to Hard Rock Café while I was in Aruba back in November. I was waling out of the Pier to the main street, I saw the Hard Rock Café Store there and never got the taxi. So I just walked around the shops there across from the pier. I should have go into the Renaissance Hotel to see if they had a day pass, but I didn't though. I see your a fan of Bicardi Rum. Me too.

Another great read Jeff. I had planned on taking a taxi down to Hard Rock Café while I was in Aruba back in November. I was waling out of the Pier to the main street, I saw the Hard Rock Café Store there and never got the taxi. So I just walked around the shops there across from the pier. I should have go into the Renaissance Hotel to see if they had a day pass, but I didn't though. I see your a fan of Bicardi Rum. Me too.

Thanks Barb! If I'm not drinking beer, I'm drinking Bacardi! :D

can't wait to see what you did in Bonaire

You won't have to wait long since I'll be starting the Bonaire segment tonight! :cool:

When you went to Barcelo Aruba did you leave your Carnival pool towels on the ship? It would be nice not to have to drag those towels to the beach.

Leave the Carnival towels on the ship. Barceló Aruba provides the towels.

Thanks for posting about Barcelo Aruba. I couldn't find many day pass reviews. I'm going to keep our day pass reservations now.

You made the right decision. The Barceló Aruba is worth every penny! :D

Monday, March 6th - Kralendijk, Bonaire - 8am to 6pm.

Today’s FunTimes…….

img_2494.1-XL.jpg

IMG_2494.2-XL.jpg

IMG_2494.3-XL.jpg

IMG_2494.4-XL.jpg

We awoke at 7am just as the Carnival Pride was docking in Kralendijk, Bonaire. Here are some shots taken from our balcony…..

IMG_2495.1-XL.jpg

IMG_2495-XL.jpg

To be continued…….

The Royal Princess will be joining us in Bonaire later today. After having breakfast at the Mermaid’s Grille, we leave the ship. It's another breezy day……

IMG_2510-XL.jpg

Carnival Pride’s gangway…….

IMG_2512-XL.jpg

Here are our plans for today. I originally was going to book an all-inclusive at the Plaza Beach Resort, but I waited too long and got shut out. As a backup we booked Carnival’s “Highlights and Beach Break” tour.

EXCURSION DETAILS

This is one of the best excursions on the Island of Bonaire. Join us and experience Bonaire’s highlights and enjoy our beautiful crystal clear water at Coco Beach. We start at the dock side heading towards the Southern part of the Island. Our first stop will be at the historic rich slave huts, here guests will be able to take pictures and view how the slaves used to live. After the Slave huts we will make another short stop at the beautiful Salt Flats. Guests will gain extensive knowledge provided by our professional tour guide about the amazing salt flats and how it is being made. Besides experiencing the Southern part, you will enjoy a beautiful sightseeing drive through Down Town "Kralendijk" towards Seru Largu at the North Side. At Seru Largu we will make our last picture stop viewing the Down Town Kralendijk. Now that you have experienced Bonaire’s highlights it time for a nice 2 hours beach break at Coco Beach. At Coco beach, beach chair and entrance fee is included. At the end of the beach break we will drive back to the ship.

Cost = $44.99/ Person. Duration: 4 hours.

As we followed our tour guide to our van, Patti got this shot of the Carnival Pride docked in Kralendijk, Bonaire…..

IMG_2517-XL.jpg

The tour had barely begun when we stopped to watch some flamingos in their natural habitat…..

IMG_2524-XL.jpg

IMG_2521-XL.jpg

IMG_2525-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

This is our tour guide……

IMG_2528-XL.jpg

We passed many colorful buildings. It reminded me a little of Curacao……

IMG_2527-XL.jpg

This is the Flamingo International Airport…..

IMG_2537-XL.jpg

These houses are right on the beach…..

IMG_2543-XL.jpg

IMG_2544-XL.jpg

IMG_2545-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Here are a couple of coastal views……

IMG_2542-XL.jpg

IMG_2552-XL.jpg

The biggest industry in Bonaire is the production of salt. Here are some photos of the salt ponds…..

IMG_2548-XL.jpg

IMG_2550-XL.jpg

IMG_2558-XL.jpg

IMG_2561-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Here are some more salt pond views……

IMG_2562-XL.jpg

IMG_2564-XL.jpg

Salt as far as the eye can see…..

IMG_2565-XL.jpg

This conveyor is used for loading salt onto ships…..

IMG_2572-XL.jpg

The van stopped for some photo opportunities. Patti caught me in the back of the van…..

IMG_2570-XL.jpg

Our guide has brought us chunks of salt…..

IMG_2573-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

We were on the same cruise!!! ;p

Oh my God, we were on this with my daughter and her boyfriend.Would have loved to met up with a fellow NJian. Remember the light show when we were leaving? That was great!

Patti shows us her chunk of salt. The guide tells us that chunks like that sell for $10 at stores in town…..

IMG_2574-XL.jpg

Our next stop is just a short distance away. These were the slave huts where the slaves that worked in the salt mines would stay each night. There would be around 6 to 8 slaves in each hut……

IMG_2593-XL.jpg

IMG_2594-XL.jpg

IMG_2582-XL.jpg

IMG_2583-XL.jpg

IMG_2585-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Here are a few more views of the slave huts……

IMG_2587-XL.jpg

IMG_2590-XL.jpg

IMG_2592-XL.jpg

Our driver…..

IMG_2597-XL.jpg

We were now going to backtrack and head north to the lookout point at Seru Largu. Passing through town, the van stops at a private residence to show us some flamingos in captivity. These flamingos are white because they aren’t eating shrimp, which is what gives them their usual pink color…..

IMG_2608-XL.jpg

IMG_2609-XL.jpg

To be continued…..