Changing packages after paying

msanford88

Hello all!

I am a first time cruiser and I am getting excited to go on the Escape in April! My question is, can I change my specialty dining package to the gratuity package? I have already paid for my cruise but I am just wondering if I can switch those so I can get the ease and better budget my cruise so I can relax more. Any and all help will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark

Probably not. If you're beyond final payment date, you cannot switch to a new promotional offering without encountering the cancellation penalty. Doing so is considered a cancel and rebook.

You may be able to switch to another promo that was offered at the time you booked. Call 'em up and see.

Hello all!

I am a first time cruiser and I am getting excited to go on the Escape in April! My question is, can I change my specialty dining package to the gratuity package? I have already paid for my cruise but I am just wondering if I can switch those so I can get the ease and better budget my cruise so I can relax more. Any and all help will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark

You can switch the promotional options up to 24 hours before the cruise. It would be to an another option that was available at the time you booked. Call Norwegian if you booked directly by phone or on their website, if you used an outside agency you would need to go back through them to make any adjustments.

Hello all!

Thanks,

Mark

If you can't change & are concerned with budgeting, there's still time to pre-pay the DSC. My TA always takes care of it for us but I believe it can be done online. I'm sure others here can give you more information on how it's done.........

Free Service Charge may just be offered for certain ships.

Not currently offered on any ships.

The OP may have had that option at the time of their booking. As far as I know, it has only been offered a couple of times for short periods.

I received the free pre-paid gratuities and UBP when I booked my June Boston/Bermuda cruise. I was originally in an inside cabin and switched to an OV. I chose the pre-paid gratuities as my 2nd perk. That was the last day it was offered. I believe I made the change in November.

When you book you agreed to pay $X for your cruise with the choice of certain promos. Before final payment you can keep those terms and switch between the promos available at the time you booked, no problem. If you want terms of a new booking, say 3rd and 4th weren't available free when you booked but they are now, you can change to that but you'll be re-priced.

After final payment, where you are, you can't get any terms of a new booking without canceling and facing penalties. But you can switch among the promos offered when you booked up until a few days before sailing.

So yes, as long as pre-paid gratuities were available when you booked, you can switch to them prior to sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums