Upsell to suite

jsumomma

To all the people who have received an upsell offer. Are you all past customers or was it a 1st time on Princess for anyone?

We cruise quite a bit on Princess but I'm not sure what triggers the upsell offers. We've gotten quite a few though and mostly book mini suites but a couple of times booked a suite outright. This is what the offer said:

<b>

PRINCESS CRUISES IS PLEASED TO EXTEND THE FOLLOWING OFFER TO GUESTS CURRENTLY BOOKED IN A MINI-SUITE (cat M1-ME) ON

THE MAY 27, 2017 SAILING OF STAR PRINCESS. Treat yourself to a DELUXE SUITE and enjoy the premium accommodations and luxurious

appointments that are the signature of our expansive suites. All suites include a separate seating area, walk-in closet, full bathroom, spacious

balcony and deluxe suite amenities. This offer also includes a Deluxe Balcony Breakfast for two on the morning of your choice.

CHOOSE FROM THE FOLLOWING SUITES (rates are in addition to fare already paid):

Penthouse (Cat S3) size from: 468 sqft -$599 USD/$869 CAD* per person.**

</b>

That's awesome, enjoy that suite to Alaska!! :D

Thank you, I'm sure we will! :cool:

To all the people who have received an upsell offer. Are you all past customers or was it a 1st time on Princess for anyone?

Got a email for a upgrade from a balcony to a mini suite for $99 per person on the Majestic. I think we will stick to what we have, as looks like the balcony is smaller than what we currently have on our aft facing cabin. (although the cabin looks larger). We are previous customers.

I have accepted last minute suite up sell and it was definitely worth it. The experience is a whole lot better and you are getting the suite for far cheaper than the discounted brochure fare on most occasions. I only had to pay an extra $800 for a 10 night cruise on what the brochure fare had for over $10,000 in that category.

In many instances it is surprising just how quickly the suites are sold out on many ships. I'm a Cunarder at heart and I just checked the Queen Elizabeth's 2018 World Cruise and it is showing Sold Out in Queens Grill already. So if you are offered an upset I would say take the opportunity whilst it is there.

A couple of weeks ago I booked the last suite available on the Crown for a sailing later this year. They often get "snapped up" very quickly.