cost of bingo

I believe the prices are $30 for three cards and $49 for 6 cards. The cards come with three games each.

The bingo machines vary from sailing to sailing (for example my Allure cruise in Nov 2015 did not have them, but my Allure cruise 6 months later in May 2016 did). They are handheld devices that electronically track the numbers for you as they are played. The packages for those begin at around $69 if I recall.

Lots of fun but expensive to play. One cruise, we spent nearly $600 in bingo. For some reason though, we kept winning games. So we won back about $350. Still very expensive but it kept us coming back! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the machines for sure! We won one game and got $250 and then on the win a cruise bingo on the last day.... yes.... we won a cruise! The machines were buy 2 and get one free for the win a cruise one. I think the machines play 30 games at a time and do all the work for you.

Get the machines for sure! We won one game and got $250 and then on the win a cruise bingo on the last day.... yes.... we won a cruise! The machines were buy 2 and get one free for the win a cruise one. I think the machines play 30 games at a time and do all the work for you.

This is exactly why I no longer play bingo on RCI. I WANT to search for the numbers and punch them. That's the fun. I know I can buy the paper sheets but your odds are drastically reduced since the machines play 30 games at a time.

I do play bingo on Princess since they play the old fashion and fun way.

This is exactly why I no longer play bingo on RCI. I WANT to search for the numbers and punch them. That's the fun. I know I can buy the paper sheets but your odds are drastically reduced since the machines play 30 games at a time.

Yes, I played and it was so boring. Total waste of time. It took an hour waiting for bingo to start and then less than 20 minutes for three games and all I did was sit there and wait for the machine to make a noise. Whoopty do.

Sent from my XT1575 using Forums mobile app

We always enjoy bingo even though it can get expensive. Don't rule out the cards. I won the jackpot, $3,000, last year on Oasis with a paper card!

Sometimes, they will do 2 for 1 on the machines. One time it was 3 for 1. Even with the machines they still give you the paper cards. Also, your crown and anchor status can get you even more cards. Finally, if you have a bingo shirt, even from a previous cruise, they give you even more free cards. But, they don't give C&A and shirt cards for the free cruise. With all the cards they give you, I have trouble keeping up all the separate cards, so I am glad the machine is mostly self-operating. Not that I win, but definitely fun.

Bingo has definitely become a "to each their own" experience, in my mind. Maybe it always was that way, but cruises I took in the 2008-2010 range definitely had a different vibe, to me anyway. Seemed more affordable back then.

We played the first session on our Feb. Anthem trip, and pre-cruise we had plans to go back. But, between the cost, difference in games between paper and machine, and wait time to play vs. total playing time (plus, most seating was upstairs in the Music Hall, but the bar wasn't open), we decided not to play again.

Good luck if you play!

Not that you asked about this but... if you go to any of the "small venue" sessions (like in a bar), get there a early if you want a surface to play on. On HOS I got there maybe 30 minutes before, and almost every spot was taken... lots of families were there, taking up 1-2 tables and 4-6 seats. I got the last, awesome spot at the bar :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app