Diamond Princess - Southeast Asia - 2/8/17 - Blog Review

TechieTravels

I have been quietly following along daily as I am counting down days till our cruise on the Diamond in October, but I must say I love Samantha's dress for the first formal night, very stunning!!

I do have a question about Formal night, was everyone very dressed up and many men in their tuxes? We had actually thought we might lighten the load for packing and not bring Tom's Tux and my formal dresses, while he would have a black sports coat with black dress slacks and I would also dress up but just not my very formal dresses.

Thanks,

I have been quietly following along daily as I am counting down days till our cruise on the Diamond in October, but I must say I love Samantha's dress for the first formal night, very stunning!!

I do have a question about Formal night, was everyone very dressed up and many men in their tuxes? We had actually thought we might lighten the load for packing and not bring Tom's Tux and my formal dresses, while he would have a black sports coat with black dress slacks and I would also dress up but just not my very formal dresses.

Thanks,

Tuxes were definitely in the minority. By my best estimation, 25% tux, 50% suit, 25% shirt+slacks.

Tuxes were definitely in the minority. By my best estimation, 25% tux, 50% suit, 25% shirt+slacks.

Thanks so much, this was basically what I thought it would be.

Although we will be on an 8 Night Circle island Japan, not sure if that will change demographics that much but figuring we will still be in the 50% range.

You both looked wonderful!!

We plan to do sanctuary of truth and then go to the floating market. And stop off for photos at the Big Buddha.

We are hiring a car and driver for the day.

Is there anything you might suggest. I know the floating market is for tourists... but it does have dancers and tai boxing demos which I thought would be interesting.

I understand there is a speedboat ride around the sanctuary of truth ... did you see that ?

Love your writing and all the photos 😀😀😀😀 Thank you for sharing

We plan to do sanctuary of truth and then go to the floating market. And stop off for photos at the Big Buddha.

We are hiring a car and driver for the day.

Is there anything you might suggest. I know the floating market is for tourists... but it does have dancers and tai boxing demos which I thought would be interesting.

I understand there is a speedboat ride around the sanctuary of truth ... did you see that ?

Love your writing and all the photos 😀😀😀😀 Thank you for sharing

I can't comment on the Floating Market and the Big Buddha in Pattaya as we didn't go there and didn't hear anything about them. I didn't see the speedboat ride either. There were some elephant and horse rides though.

I would agree with your choice of hiring a private car and driver. You'll get to see a bunch more than if you go on a giant tour. Our tour through Princess was fine, but not the greatest. We didn't really have a choice though given the last minute port change.

Can I ask how long we should allow for the 2 flower domes and super trees ?

We were going to see the super trees at night for the show ( the nights before we get on the ship)

We dock mid cruise 7 till 4 so maybe get the mrt to this area for the day ?

Is it easy to do from the port ?

Can I ask how long we should allow for the 2 flower domes and super trees ?

We were going to see the super trees at night for the show ( the nights before we get on the ship)

We dock mid cruise 7 till 4 so maybe get the mrt to this area for the day ?

Is it easy to do from the port ?

I think we spent about 2 hours at Gardens by the Bay. We tend to move through things pretty quickly though. We didn't take the MRT from the port, but it seemed easy to get to. There was a covered walkway from the port to the station. We took the MRT from the airport back to the Gardens by the Bay and the station is very convenient to the gardens.