Early Impressions Jewel of the Seas

First time ever on a Radiance Class Ship.

Have to say very impressed. Ship is beautiful. Very well maintained. Lounges are very good.

Only criticisms pool decks are a bit small although not much we can do about that & the lifeboat drill at 8:00pm on first day is a nightmare.

Windjammer particularly is so much better than previous trips.

Dominica tomorrow....great days in the sun :D...it is very hot.

Let me know any questions and I am trying to do a very short daily update on my blog

hi - we board on Sunday - looking for information on fitness and spin classes - what types, what times, what prices? thanks!

hi - we board on Sunday - looking for information on fitness and spin classes - what types, what times, what prices? thanks!

Sorry never picked any of this up. Only have what is on the Cruise Compass. Not sure if this is a fleet wide change but the Compass isn't as good as previous cruises.

After commenting on internet being not good last night it has been down for huge chunks of today. Apparently is fleet wide & includes Celebrity.

Check out the surprise at the top of the outside elevators (deck 13)

Just off the Jewel. They serve roast beef sandwiches like the ones found in the Park Cafe on other ships, as well as salads made to order (although fewer salad offerings than in Park Cafes).

You can get the Beef Sandwiches for a late night snack unlike Oasis Class. Open till 2 am serving a cross between cafe promenade, dog house, sorrentos and park cafe. It is pretty good. Think a wider variety than other ships.

I'll have a look tomorrow to see if anything for breakfast but it isn't advertised in cruise compass.

Don't think any further cruises go to Grenada this year BUT if the are be careful about booking the Ultimate Sea, Sun & Fun cruise it is not delivered as advertised. We received only about half of the advertised tour. Perhaps the worse value for money tour I have been on.

Big pity as the 3 earlier tours in the cruise have been outstanding.

We head to the airport tomorrow after a fantastic vacation. Had a brilliant day today in Old San Juan. Just completed the last part of our live cruise blog covering the last 2 days.

Once home I will add various photographs, reviews, video and what I think most people like to see all the copies of the Cruise Compass for the trip.

Did you grab it before the category change and the attached price increase?

Yes, I did, now that you mention it as soon as I get back from Adventure I'll change my Crown and Anchor status to DO NOT UPGRADE.

Only criticisms pool decks are a bit small although not much we can do about that & the lifeboat drill at 8:00pm on first day is a nightmare.

We were on Jewel in February. Scheduled 6:00 dinner in Chops the first night. Finished dinner just in time for the muster drill. Just by chance our muster drill station was Chops, so we just stayed there.

The table next to us had a 7 PM reservation. The waiters actually took their food away at 7:59 PM due to the muster drill. The people had to leave and go to their station and come back later to finish their dinner.

Must be similar situations in the MDR. The muster drill is at 8 PM every week, I wonder why they allowed this to happen.

Wondering if you found out what the big clothes pins are.... If you didn't I believe they are chair clips so you can clip you towel to the chair.

Yes I found out. My parents who know these random things knew.

Never found the chocolate milk though :D

We were on Jewel in February. Scheduled 6:00 dinner in Chops the first night. Finished dinner just in time for the muster drill. Just by chance our muster drill station was Chops, so we just stayed there.

The table next to us had a 7 PM reservation. The waiters actually took their food away at 7:59 PM due to the muster drill. The people had to leave and go to their station and come back later to finish their dinner.

Must be similar situations in the MDR. The muster drill is at 8 PM every week, I wonder why they allowed this to happen.

I think they stopped letting people into MDR. We were finished just before 8 and whole dining room was empty. The first day service was so rushed. It was clearly due to the muster. I was going to ask to change waiters if it continued but they were so much better after 1st night

First time ever on a Radiance Class very hot.

Let me know any questions and I am trying to do a very short daily update on my blog

Cruised Jewel 16 years ago. Thinking about going again next year.

Enjoy your cruise. Looking forward to reading your review

Cruised Jewel 16 years ago. Thinking about going again next year.

Enjoy your cruise. Looking forward to reading your review

Thanks

It was great cruise really enjoyed it.

The ship still looks fantastic and despite the talk of constant cuts Royal Caribbean still do look after their ships really well. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to sail on Jewel again.

I am in the process of adding further reviews/reports/pictures/videos on the cruise and hopefully will complete in the next week(or 3)

Checked today definitely nothing for breakfast opens mid afternoon and has an early evening break.

That's too bad.....

We will be boarding on Sunday (TA) and then have a heavy port schedule after we leave Rome for the 9 night Greek cruise. I was hoping to grab breakfast sandwiches as we left each morning.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

That's too bad.....

We will be boarding on Sunday (TA) and then have a heavy port schedule after we leave Rome for the 9 night Greek cruise. I was hoping to grab breakfast sandwiches as we left each morning.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Never looked but I wonder if Cafe Lattitudes might have them at breakfast time. Noticed on Compass opens at 6:30am