ms Oosterdam Tampa Sail-Away April 7, 2017

Boytjie

Tamps says goodbye to the Oosterdam as she departs for her Alsaka season based out of Seattle. She is scheduled to set sail at 17:00/5:00 PM EDT (subject to change as always).

The webcam is at: http://www.porttampawebcam.com/

The Oosterdam's 30-Day Panama Canal & Alaska Collectors' Cruise itinerary:

Apr 7 Tampa, Florida, US

Apr 8 At Sea

Apr 9 Georgetown, Cayman Islands

Apr 10 Falmouth, Jamaica

Apr 11 At Sea

Apr 12 Oranjestad, Aruba

Apr 13 At Sea

Apr 14 Enter Panama Canal Cristobal

Apr 14 Cruising Panama Canal

Apr 14 Exit Panama Canal Balboa

Apr 15 At Sea

Apr 16 Puerto Caldera (Puntarenas), Costa Rica

Apr 17 Corinto, Nicaragua

Apr 18 Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala

Apr 19 Puerto Chiapas, Mexico

Apr 20 Huatulco, Mexico

Apr 21 At Sea

Apr 22 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Apr 23 At Sea

Apr 24 At Sea

Apr 25 San Diego, California, US

Apr 26 At Sea

Apr 27 At Sea

Apr 28 Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Apr 29 Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Apr 30 Seattle, Washington, US

Apr 30 Puget Sound

May 1 At Sea

May 2 Scenic cruising Stephens Passage

May 2 Juneau, Alaska, US

May 3 Hubbard Glacier

May 4 Sitka, Alaska, US

May 5 Ketchikan, Alaska, US

May 6 Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

May 7 Seattle, Washington, US

There are also shorter itineraries ending in Vancouver, Seattle and San Diego.

T7P30W.jpg

Another winter season comes to an end. It is beautiful spring day here in Tampa Bay as a cool front passed yesterday bringing clear skies and lower humidity and temperatures .

I am planning to wave goodbye to the Oosterdam from the pier at Ft DeSoto tonight as she leaves Tampa Bay for the last time (maybe ever). The fishing pier at the southwest tip of Ft DeSoto is the closest and best spot to see the cruise ships leave from here. Usually about 2 1/2 hours after departure from the dock in Tampa and the Oosterdam appears to be ready as docked without needing to turn about. Bring your favorite beverage and join me there if you live close by!

Rotterdam scheduled for next two winter seasons from Tampa.

I have to watch today. Whoooopeeee here she comes! Ship headed this way. Wanted to watch "O" cruise into Puget Sound on the 30th but the big 90th birthday party for Dad got scheduled for that day in Minnesota. I'll just have to make it the next weekend after she returns from 1st Alaska route. Get up early and watch the arrival then go back to the beach and watch her headed back north.

A poor substitute web cam for Seattle is the on top of the Space Needle Webcam on top of the needle. Only problem is it refreshes every 10 minutes or so. On other hand you can play time lapse and also play archive. Last year Amsterdam arrive very regularly at 6:10 am PDT and promptly left at 4:00 pm PDT every Sunday. Pier 91 is just beyond the grain elevator now loading a red grain hauler.

Sure hope they fix the toilet problems on the aft of the ship. Ours only worked properly two of the seven days this last week. Hasn't been able to flush in the last 24 hours. Our stateroom was on Deck 7.

Aft deck 4 wasn't much better - long delays before flushing, sometimes flushed right away; but it never stopped flushing. Did you get a credit to your account? It brought my bill down to almost nothing.

Just checking in....web cam just zoomed in. With sunset at 7:51, I was hoping it would leave no later than 5 as that would get her to Ft DeSoto pier around 7:30. Sunset as the ship passes would be nice.

I know last Friday when we set sail right after 4pm, I tried to take a picture of the Skyway Br. I had to wait until we passed, because as we approached, the sun was glaring into the camera, washing everything out.