UPDATE to thread Bringing Guests Onboard 2-21-17

ellbelle

The day before we left on our Incan Empire cruise we found that our daughter's friend would be meeting us at the port of Corinto and I had asked about bringing him onboard.

Original thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2460895&highlight=bringing+guests+onboard

I did not see the post by Copper 10-8 on the 24th but this is essentially what I did going to the front desk the day after we boarded. I finally got all the information (using his PP as identification) and turned it back in on March 1 hoping we would have it back by our port stop on March 16. We received a phone call two days later that the visit was approved and the lunch we would have at Dive In would be no charge.

The only hiccup was that the approval was sent to the port agent three days prior but they would not let him in the gate. Fortunately the Security Supervisor on the Maasdam, Jaime Canaria was able to assist getting him in the gate in a very short time.

We had a wonderful visit and he was mesmerized by the size of the ship and how "fancy" it was. We take for granted sometimes how lucky we are to cruise so it was refreshing to see his reaction to the ship. Great day!

I will be on Koningsdam for a Baltic cruise in May. One of our port stops is in Warnemunde, Germany. Our former exchange student and her mother will be driving in from Berlin that day and we are planning on going wherever they want to take us! :D However, after reading this post, I wonder if I could get them a pass to come on board for breakfast or early lunch before we set out on the town. I am going to work on this.

We haven't seen this "other kid" of ours since she lived with us for the school year 11 years ago. It would be such a treat to show her and her mom around the ship.

Thanks so much for this idea!

Happy you were ablee to bring your guest aboard. We have done so for more than 11+ years and we have been the 'guest cleared and permitted to visit a numb er of times.. Follow the procedure as out lined and assuming they can pass a security check, it is possible you could get gust 'apprroval.

I'm so glad to hear you were able to have your friend board the ship and spend some time with you. People who haven't cruised are often blown away by how large the ships are, and all the amenities we are fortunate to be able to have access to. Thank you for coming back with the update.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)