O2 category!! Family OV With Lg Picture (Fwd)

caddykid12

Looking at room 9700. 10700. 11700. 12700. 13700. 14709 on the Escape Or any OA

O2 category Family Ocean view with large picture window fwd ship.

What's the motion sickness level up there. 1 best-10 worst. Only have done Mid ship balcony. Will it be unbearable? Really choppy or being high up resolves that?

Any comments from other O2 or OA members that had OV room fwd?

14 days on Escape out of NY in jan I'm scoping out

we have 12700 booked on escape for aug .

my husband does suffer with motion sickness and i was worried about the movement at the front ( last time we had mid ship balcony and still suffered ).

i want to keep 12700 though as it looks brilliant with the extra space . does look a long walk from elevators though .

I do not want to be a downer, and I have not stayed in the forward OV's, but I will tell you when we sailed the Getaway in a O1 ( I believe - I'm talking the family OV's on deck 5) I remember thinking that anyone is crazy to book forward of the midship elevators on that ship, and Escape looks pretty similar. There is nothing, and I do mean nothing in the front half of an "away" ship that is for the general public. If you are going to the spa a lot, or get Vibe passes, then maybe I would see the point of booking there, but I feel that with that Haven taking up the front third of the ship, the Waterfront not reaching the front of the ship and there being no restaurants or anything in the forward half that it would make a long commute to anywhere on that ship. I also booked a guarantee once on the Star for a Panama Canal cruise and cursed the placement as the forward most interior cabin when Splash Academy was located in the very aft of that ship, which is also significantly smaller than then the Escape.

If you don't mind walking half the length of the ship every time you want to go anywhere or plan on a lot of time in the cabin I think the angled window would be lovely, but for 14 days you might get tired of the commute.

We are booked again on the Getaway this fall and I would have gladly booked a family OV on 5 and been perfectly happy but as it was the balconies were a slightly better deal and I specifically chose one towards the aft so we could be closer to the restaurants, pool and other public areas as there is virtually no place to go in the forward half of that ship except the theater (or the spa which we don't use). I hope this helps you with your decision.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was in 15700 (Balcony) on the Escape. It was fine. We didn't feel any movement at all. At first, I was leery of being so far forward, but we were so close to the elevators and no foot traffic past your cabin.

from what I've seen they look like nice big rooms , what did you think ?

I was in 15700 (Balcony) on the Escape. It was fine. We didn't feel any movement at all. At first, I was leery of being so far forward, but we were so close to the elevators and no foot traffic past your cabin.

ignore last post just checked deck plan and 15700 isn't forward facing 02 stateroom .

We were in a forward ov last cruise. Hated it. If the weather is rough you will feel and hear it. The waves hitting the ship in front sounds like a sledge hammer and you don't just rock in the front. The room goes up and down. Just my opinion but I will never book forward again.

The 9700 up to 14700 O2 series is a great cabin, larger than average!

See http://escape.transatlantic2015.com/norwegian-escape/photo-gallery/staterooms/forward-oceanview-11700/ and some threads on CC about them, they are a bit of a hidden secret as there is no floorplan available and the deck plans don't show the extra space.

If it wasn't for your mentioned motion sickness/seasickness I would book one of the higher decks, for quicker access to the open decks for photo ops and a quick snack from the buffet! And a higher oceanview will offer a better line of view/sight than 9 which overlooks the helipad/bow structure. And also less chance on noise! :)

Just seems to be the cheapest route. For 2019 they domt have the free at sea options so the 3rd person is only 699 to add to this room.

I would book O1 family but not sure if mom would like being that close to the water

And not a fan if the atrium above the O1 port side cabins. Noise noise noise

Just seems to be the cheapest route. For 2019 they domt have the free at sea options so the 3rd person is only 699 to add to this room.

I would book O1 family but not sure if mom would like being that close to the water

And not a fan if the atrium above the O1 port side cabins. Noise noise noise

With a 3rd person in the room you will love the setup of the forward facing oceanview; let me search for a picture I once took.. the sofa bed is in a "secluded" cove, with a curtain.

uote=FreestyleNovice;52773478]The 9700 up to 14700 O2 series is a great cabin, larger than average!

See http://escape.transatlantic2015.com/norwegian-escape/photo-gallery/staterooms/forward-oceanview-11700/ and some threads on CC about them, they are a bit of a hidden secret as there is no floorplan available and the deck plans don't show the extra space.

If it wasn't for your mentioned motion sickness/seasickness I would book one of the higher decks, for quicker access to the open decks for photo ops and a quick snack from the buffet! And a higher oceanview will offer a better line of view/sight than 9 which overlooks the helipad/bow structure. And also less chance on noise! :)

Thanks for the photos . wow that cabin looks so much bigger than the balcony cabins , think I'm sticking with12700

and just keep husband dipped up with sea sick tablets ,and hope for calm seas

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/15/2018 at 3:45 PM, caseyraeiscruising said:

Could anyone who has cruised in one of the 9700, 10700, 11700, 12700, 13700, 14700 rooms tell me if the sofa is a pullout that sleeps 2 or if there is a pullman above it. Thank you :) I'm booked in 10700 Sept 2019..so far away.

Do you think 2 adults can comfortably sleep on the bed that's in the "alcove" room?

• 1 year later...

We booked 11700 on the Encore, the space is going to be great for our family.  But, wondering about the bed situation...

The deck plan has a + which I read to mean that it sleeps 4 and we did book for 4.  We are 2 adults and 2 teen boys. 

Are the boys expected to share the couch bed or is there a pullman bed in this cabin?  Will NCL bring a roll away?  The other option is possibility is for me to pack an air mattress.  

• 2 years later...

Bumping this very old message to see if I can get more info. 

On 6/26/2021 at 8:06 AM, choover2576 said:

Will NCL bring a roll away?  The other option is possibility is for me to pack an air mattress.  

Has anyone had experience with a rollaway in this room?  Does it fit OK?  As the above poster says, we will have two teenagers so only planning on having one on the sofa bed.  Was thinking a rollaway could fit next to it or in front of tv and the room would still have more floor space then other cabins.

Edited by Mooreland1999
spelling