Alaska Packing List?

atlgants

I've settled on the basics of my packing plan for our July cruise. I'm not opposed to wearing outer clothes twice, so I figure the following for each person will take care of the most likely weather and activities, hopefully without overpacking:

1 thin waterproof rain pullover jacket

1 regular light jacket

1 sweater

1 fleece pullover or sweatshirt

2 short sleeve tees

2 long sleeve tees

2 nice dinner shirts

1 jeans

1 cargo pants

1-2 casual pants for dinner

1 sweatpants/yoga pants

1 pair waterproof walking shoes

1 pair comfortable shoes to wear around the ship - for me, that's a cushioned ballet flat, almost a house slipper but a little nicer

Formalwear and formal shoes

2 swimsuits, and long sleeved rash guards for the kids

Lost bag? Yikes! We’re only bringing one big suitcase each (plus a backpack) so if we lose a bag we’ve got problems, lol. We’ll be gone for like 18 days. Planning to do laundry in Girdwood a few days before embarkation, slightly before the halfway point but we have more free time there than we do in Seward.

Thanks for the WJ info. Looking forward to the themes as long as my wife finds stuff on the nights that aren’t her thing (not sure she’d eat a single Indian dish outside of naan bread, lol). Most of the others should be fine though. Since we’ve gone off-topic, did they have any cook-to-order stations (pasta, wok, etc)? That was her best WJ experience, on Freedom a few years ago. Picky eater’s best friend is picking your own ingredients.

Seriously, thanks once again for the info. You keep managing to touch on the only subjects I had questions about. We are going to Alaska for the sites & activities, I swear, but assuming I survive the 10 days in land my wife planned, I’ll be ready for my usual cruise comforts which as you can tell are food & DL drinks. :)

If there are two of you and you are bringing two suitcases, each of you should put half your stuff in each bag

From MN, cruising next week, will I need hat and gloves? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We saw people wearing gloves in Glacier Bay last week, along with knit hats, but being from Wisconsin we didn't need them ;) There was one guy from Australia on our tour who wore shorts the whole time except for dinner on the ship!

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Forums mobile app

From MN, cruising next week, will I need hat and gloves? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did wear my gloves when we were at Hubbard Glacier and in Skagway, was really cold and windy the day we were there. There were people wearing hats, but I am not a hat person, so no hat.