Next cyclone on its way- Cyclone Cook

Look forward to hearing of all your medals!!! I hope it's dryer next week too as we sail out of Auckland on Wednesday on emerald princess for 31 days to Vancouver and Alaska. Fingers crossed it settles down next week!

Bon Voyage, I am sure you will have a wonderful cruise.

Hope people stay safe. I will be in Auckland for the World Master Games next week, hope it is a bit dryer for that.

It's a small world!

Our group had earlier plans to attend the Masters, but nothing came of it, just like the idea to go to Turino for World Masters a few years ago. We competed in the World Masters in Sydney in 2009, and have regularly attended to Pan-Pacific Masters at Gold Coast since '06, but I have been retired since 2010 :) Can't cruise & play ..... especially when work gets in the way also.

Enjoy Auckland. It's looking like I may be there for a few days for business 1st week of May

It's a small world!

Our group had earlier plans to attend the Masters, but nothing came of it, just like the idea to go to Turino for World Masters a few years ago. We competed in the World Masters in Sydney in 2009, and have regularly attended to Pan-Pacific Masters at Gold Coast since '06, but I have been retired since 2010 :) Can't cruise & play ..... especially when work gets in the way also.

Enjoy Auckland. It's looking like I may be there for a few days for business 1st week of May

Cheers, yes work does restrict cruise time immensely and then setting aside a few weeks for the Games is a huge impost on Rosie's plans.

Update;

North Island is bracing for the onslaught that is about to come from Cook . The Coromandel Peninsula has declared a State of Emergency , All camp grounds are closed and camper vans have left the area. All coastal residents have self evacuated inland. Visitors planning on an Easter getaway have been told to stay home.Due to hit about 2pm today and will effect Great Barrier Island , Coromandel and Bay of Plenty.

They are considering closing the Auckland Harbour Bridge , for the first time ever, but so far its still open. Wild seas are predicted, so its just as well no cruise ships are in the area. Its 50 years since the storm that sunk the Wahine in Wellington and this one is supposed to bigger.

I just received a Smartraveller travel advice email update:

The New Zealand Ministry of Civil Defence andEmergency Management has advised that the impact of ex-Tropical Cyclone Cook onNew Zealand is an extremely serious weather event. States of local emergency havebeen declared in the Bay of Plenty Region and Thames-Coromandel District. Theweather event is expected to impact New Zealand on Thursday, 13 April 2017through to at least Friday, 14 April 2017. Monitor local sources for the latestinformation on severe weather and follow any instructions issued by localauthorities. Travellers should be prepared for disruptions to their travelplans in the regions affected.

Take care all in NZ.

I just received a Smartraveller travel advice email update:

The New Zealand Ministry of Civil Defence andEmergency Management has advised that the impact of ex-Tropical Cyclone Cook onNew Zealand is an extremely serious weather event. States of local emergency havebeen declared in the Bay of Plenty Region and Thames-Coromandel District. Theweather event is expected to impact New Zealand on Thursday, 13 April 2017through to at least Friday, 14 April 2017. Monitor local sources for the latestinformation on severe weather and follow any instructions issued by localauthorities. Travellers should be prepared for disruptions to their travelplans in the regions affected.

Take care all in NZ.

Here in Matamata we have flooding already. We are safe (we live on a hill) but our neighbors have pumps and sandbags running trying to keep water levels down from the farmland behind them. The main rainfall is not due until 6 pm. I have never seen the fields flooded as bad as they are now and this is not half the rain we are expecting. State of emergency has been declared in several areas already by Civil Defense. Airports and schools are closed and everyone has been advised to have 7 days of food and water available as they expect power cuts and the water supply maybe disrupted. Stay safe everyone

Just wondering the results of Cyclone Cook. did it move away from NZ without too much damage?

I have just returned from camping at Easter for Bluesfest, so haven't been able to follow news. Five days' fine weather a first for Easter!