Miracle Internet Strength

jdemps

Anyone have recent experiences on the Miracle to Cabo, Mazatlan, PV with the internet plans and how well they work?

I have some first time cruisers with us next trip that have younger kids at home to keep in touch with. I hate to tell them to buy the value or premium plan if the signal won't work in the cabin or any other areas on the ship.

Can anyone verify that you can use the facebook messenger call function on the Miracle while using the social plan?

All these little charges add up so I'm working with them on the final budget. Trying to decide between social or value plans for keeping in touch.

Thanks for your help!!

I was onboard the March 25th sailing. The basic social media plan worked so-so for me in the cabin (however not for my mom at all in the cabin). Everywhere else it worked fine for the both of us. If anyone is uploading about 8 or more pics to facebook at once, it can take a while.

I was on the 3/25 sailing. I cannot speak for internet speeds themselves since I didn't have a package, but when it comes to connection strength I can speak to that. I was unable to connect to their wifi at all from my cabin or balcony (deck 6 forward) -- I know this because I was using the Hub App occasionally. Cellular At Sea data also did not connect in my cabin.

Wifi Connection strength (WiFi itself) was fine in the Atrium, Alchemy Bar, Red Frog Pub, Lido, Serenity Deck, piano bar, and main theater. The Mad Hatter's Lounge was hit or miss when it comes to connectivity.

I've cruised on Miracle several times since they implemented the program. I was not able to connect in my cabin when I was toward the aft end of the ship, but WAS able to connect when I had a mid-ship cabin.

Was just on the Miracle 3/18-25th and it did not work in our cabin but worked other areas. Also you cannot use the FB call feature. Only messenger.

The phone symbol is within the messenger app but you are saying that doesn't work from experience? bummer if that's the case. I thought all features should work within an app.

The phone symbol is within the messenger app but you are saying that doesn't work from experience? bummer if that's the case. I thought all features should work within an app.

That's what happened to me. I tried to call my husband, he tried to call me. Neither worked. But it did tell you that you had a missed call. It just never connected. I was bummed. Also, the FB app or hub app did not work in my cabin. It worked for my daughter's phone but not mine.

I was on the Miracle August 2016. I had the best package available and could not connect in my mid ship cabin on deck 6. The connection was hit and miss in some of the common areas. I ended up cancelling it after about three days. I got better service while in port using my phone as a hot spot.

According to me, the Internet worked too well for DH crossing the Pacific to Hawaii. In our 4K, on the Serenity deck and in Horatio's. he had the highest level plan and used it for work.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have experience with the highest internet package and uploading documents? I work remotely year round as a consultant and need to upload word documents to a website. They aren't very big files, but I wonder if the internet package can even handle that.