Gold Level C&A Member

Going on my second Royal Caribbean in 27 days! Yay!

Quick question,

I'm a gold level C&A member (big money!) and RC's website says gold members get priority boarding and a dedicated lounge on board for departures. But then I keep reading on message boards that everything applies to higher members and gold level gets nothing.

Can anyone verify if the low guys on the totem pole get anything? Where/what is this dedicated lounge and where do we go for priority boarding on the day of departure?

Edited by RedLightVegas

The day you leave the ship there will be a waiting area in one of the lounges with coffee, tea and juices with some danish or some other finger food.

They kinda do this for all levels but have each level in different locations.

They do this so you will leave your cabin so they can turn it over for the next guests.

Safe travels

The dedicated departure lounge is a bit hit and miss. I'm finding lately (I'm Diamond) they only had a special departure lounge for Pinnacle. When you embark - check the line-up for people who are first timers - sometimes that line up is faster than the "priority" lines (especially the one for Gold).

Keep in mind too that there is a big difference between C&A gold members and gold card Seapass holders. Guests staying in a full suite and Pinnacle members get a gold Seapass card. This can be confusing if a sign says gold card members - like priority seating as an example.

I am currently on Allure - first time on RC so no status. Our line to check in and took an hour and a half and the Gold check in line was right next to us. We timed their wait time and it was an average of seven minutes, so a big advantage there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When you embark - check the line-up for people who are first timers - sometimes that line up is faster than the "priority" lines (especially the one for Gold).

This. We've boarded several times with Gold through Emerald status where we were better off in either the "no status" line, or a "lower" status than we actually had. I got a laugh last time seeing a LONG line for D+, with no one in the Emerald line right next to it. You won't see me using my status to wait for longer than necessary. :D