Allure Bed location and views

We are very experienced cruisers but this will be our first time on an Oasis class ship. In reading reviews it appears that some cabins have a better layout, with the bed being by the veranda. My res agent was very nice but didn't even know the cabins differ. Any way to find out if our cabin has the desired layout (bed by veranda)? Also read that some deck 6 cabins look down on lifeboats and some to the water. Again, any way to determine this. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Balcony staterooms are built in pairs. Looking from the stateroom corridor, the one on the right will have the bed by the balcony. Find the first pair by looking for the nearest connecting pair.

Balcony staterooms are built in pairs. Looking from the stateroom corridor, the one on the right will have the bed by the balcony. Find the first pair by looking for the nearest connecting pair.

This Isn't necessarily true . Most of the time there is table and sofa near the window.

This Isn't necessarily true . Most of the time there is table and sofa near the window.

Oasis class B/C/D staterooms alternate the arrangement, so around 50% have the bed by the balcony and around 50% have the bed by the bathroom.

Why does the room with the bed by the balcony better and or a better layout?

It's actually a personal preference (one we prefer). With the bed by the balcony, there's more room to get ready by the closet area.

Some people prefer the couch and desk by the balcony to sit and look out.

There are several threads actually listing room numbers and layouts.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is true, you enter the cabin and have room to get around instead of going around the bed to get to room...on the other note, you want to get out to the balcony you have to get around the bed and you can't put a chair and look outside from the stateroom....my cabin happens to have the bed by the balcony, the only thing I care about is having a nice cool room at night to sleep in, the Allure even on lowest setting still was too warm for us at night even with the curtains always closed. I hope the Harmony be better so we can get some sound sleep.

If you have a balcony...GO ON THE BALCONY to see what you want to see! It's really not the big deal some make it to be. Having the bed AWAY from the balcony is an easier "flow" if you want to use the balcony.....and most who book that sort of cabin want to be able to access it easily!

I definitely suggest you look up the huge thread here discussing this already. There's a pretty large list of room numbers and their configuration, as well as an in depth explanation of how to figure it out.

I figured out mine pretty easily, and ended up calling to change my room number.

The woman on the phone at royal Caribbean (and RC twitter) argued with me at length that all rooms are set up with the bed in the same location (not true). Eventually I just said fine, but I still want to change my room. At this point she finally did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk