Your opinion of the Pearl

trish4bruce

I've said most of this before but I'm a Pearl fan. I took my first ever cruise last year on the Pearl with 10-days to Alaska in May. I have no frame of reference but I came away with a very positive opinion - and that's before the upgrade they did recently.

We had a forward mini-suite (#11002) and it was a great size and absolutely quiet - I'm probably spoiled now. The very best part of the location of the cabin was its proximity to the spa - one deck up. The trip from door to door using the stairs was less than two minutes. I would highly suggest the spa pass but for a warm Caribbean cruise it might not be as useful as in Alaska. (???)

Something nobody has mentioned is the Bliss Lounge at the back of deck 7 - very interesting! I had heard they might do away with it at dry dock but it still shows to be there along with all four bowling lanes. I think the Bliss space was always open though the bar nor bowling alley wasn't - it is still a great place if you want to go hang out somewhere that's quiet and relatively private.

My guess is there should be plenty of sunbathing space - there are a lot of decks with loungers in full sun besides right around the pool - completely forward and on the very top is a huge area that didn't see much use in Alaska.

Another favorite spot for me was simply sitting in the Spinnaker Lounge (forward deck 13 - just under the sundeck I mentioned above) and watching where we were heading.

The food was generally good but I wasn't that fond of the Italian or French restaurants (that's most likely *ME* and not that the food isn't good) - we tried every restaurant over our 10-days. My favorite of the specialties was Cagney's. Lotus Garden would be my favorite of the included restaurants though the fish & chips and Buffalo wings at O'Sheehan's was pretty tasty too - I had it twice.

I have another Alaskan cruise booked for May '18 and was disappointed the Pearl doesn't have the itinerary I want. I'll adjust to the Sun, I'm certain.

The Pearl is a very nice ship. Good luck!

The Sun holds a few hundred less passengers, but we found it very similar in feel to the Jewel class ships, was perfect for us in Alaska.

We have sailed her twice and will be on her again in November. I love the Jewel class ships: yes, the cabins are small; most NCL ships have small cabins but plenty of storage space. We didn't feel any more crowded on the Pearl than on any other NCL ship. The crew makes up for the small cabins. I just can't think of many negative things to say about the Jewel Class ships. We prefer them to the mega ships any day. It is all in what a person enjoys I guess.:D:D

Considering booking a cruise on the Pearl in January 2019. It is a 10 day and we love the ports. I haven't been able to find too much in regards to this ship. I have cruised the Escape and loved it but understand that the Pearl will not be as big nor have as many entertainment venues. We are fine with that as we are curious to try out a smaller NCL ship. Thoughts on the food venues as well as outdoor space would be appreciated. We loved Vibe so I will miss that but hoping Pearl will not be as congested and hard to find a good suntanning spot. Is there a Howl at the Moon or something similar on the Pearl?

We loved the Pearl- I reviewed it in detail here-

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-norwegian-pearl-post-dry-dock.html

I was SO bummed to hear the Pearl didn't get a Los Lobos like the Dawn! Spent a couple of nights there with the amazing table side guacamole!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums