Live From Norwegian Jade: 5 Things You'll Love Post-Refurb

LauraS

It says OSheehans is where Moderno was. So I'm curious as to what is where Blue Lagoon was since I thought that was where they would put OSheehans.

They did put is where Blue Lagoon was. Blue Lagoon was on one side and Moderno was on the other. Now OSheehan's is the whole area of deck 8 looking over the atrium.

I wonder if the room decor was redone?

I saw some pictures, so I believe, at least bed linens and some furniture. And our room steward in January said the room stewards had the job of putting the cabins back together after the new carpeting was installed.

Just off the ship on 4/23. We were in the 3BR Garden Villa 14500 and will have a full review hopefully this week.

I wonder if the room decor was redone?

All of the rooms were redone. You may see some remnants of the previous Hawaiian theme like some pictures, maybe a little carpet here and there. They've upgraded all the rooms to have a USB charger on the night lights which is wonderful.

In the Bliss Lounge, you will see the glass doors still have the bubbles/theme from the Medusa. The orangey starfish chairs are still there as well. We were told a lot of the public area chairs/furniture did not arrive so they were not changed out. Also, the Stardust Theater was NOT touched at all.

how has the spa changed....i am thinking of booking the thermal spa on its cruise to canada...thanks

The Thermal Spa has not changed at all other than pictures on the wall. Almost all amenities are still in separate rooms so you can't enjoy most of it with your significant other, unless what you want is to be away from them or anyone of the opposite sex. I think the only common area sharing are some stone chairs and a hot tub where you lay back on the metal bars and bubbles come from under you (lays up to 4).

Mirsad mentioned last week that most of the furniture hadn't been replaced because it's mostly made in Italy. So it would be delivered once they got to Europe.

They did put is where Blue Lagoon was. Blue Lagoon was on one side and Moderno was on the other. Now OSheehan's is the whole area of deck 8 looking over the atrium.

Thank you for answering my question. We were on the Jade in April and again in November for the two transatlantic crossings. I'm surprised that O'Sheehans might get enough customers at one time that both those spaces are needed.

We were on the Jewel the previous year and liked the menu in O'Sheehans there much better than the Blue Lagoon menu on the Jade so I'm glad the Jade now has O'Sheehans.

Just off the Jade. The refit looks great. Most of the chairs haven't been updated, but the staff said it will be soon. We were in 9004 - Owner's Suite. Loved the room, but not happy with the location. Far away from everything.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Setsail,

Great pix of the interior room. Did they replace the vanity seating that had the large mirror or is that across from the TV? I usually use that area to sit and dry my hair/put on make up while my dh uses the bathroom. If there is no seating with a mirror, I may have to add something to my packing list.

Thank you Setsail 1975 for posting these great pictures. Much appreciated, can you tell me is there a minibar? I couldn't see one

Yes, there's a mini bar fridge it's actually apart of the closet area off the ground. There's also a vanity area with a large mirror and a blow dryer which I forgot to take a picture of. It's the opposite side of the TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Setsail,

Great pix of the interior room. Did they replace the vanity seating that had the large mirror or is that across from the TV? I usually use that area to sit and dry my hair/put on make up while my dh uses the bathroom. If there is no seating with a mirror, I may have to add something to my packing list.

Thank you, and yes there's a vanity area with a small round chair (cushion) with a blow dryer. That's where I did the same with my hair & makeup. The blow dryer works great I have long hair. It's a little on the heavy size, buts it's full size.

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to know that set up is still there. We've been in plenty of NCL insides and they're basically all the same. The refurbished Jade looks like a new ship. Our cruise isn't until next spring break but I'm already looking forward to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to know that set up is still there. We've been in plenty of NCL insides and they're basically all the same. The refurbished Jade looks like a new ship. Our cruise isn't until next spring break but I'm already looking forward to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Your welcome:) We haven't done an inside in awhile, but it was just my husband and I this time , so it worked out fine. We normally travel with our 3 kids book at least an Oceanview and always upgrade as the cruise gets closer , but it backfired this time with NCL's new bidding process. We didn't receive an upgrade bid until the day before this sailing and when I tried to bid the cabins were all sold out. Worked out fine cause we ended up staying 2 extra days post cruise and staying at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge before flying home to CT..We used our upgrade money on that... lol. ... The Jade was perfect, we enjoyed being on a refurbished ship and we prefer that size of ship..I'm looking forward to planning our next cruise. Enjoy your spring break cruise, it will here before you know it!