Want to decorate the outside of our room door...Carnival Miracle

Carol burnet

I was just on the Miracle on the 3/18/17 sailing and was surprised to find my door was not magnetic. I came prepared with magnetic white boards so other people in our group (32 people altogether) could leave notes for each other on them, but it wouldn't stick to the door. It did stick to the wall next to the door, though, so it wasn't a total loss. But I was glad I wasn't prepared with a bunch of magnet door decorations.

"unwashed-masses. Noun. (plural only) (idiomatic) The collective group ("mass") of people who are considered by someone to be somehow uneducated, uninformed, or in some other way unqualified for inclusion in the speaker's elite circles." Darn, eleven years of college and four degrees down the drain. But i want room service twice a day because i do shower. :cool: just look for the room with a sign outside.

I usually put some kind of sign on our door - SO I CAN FIND IT!!! With long hallways of doors that all look the same, I need some way to tell it apart. I am on vacation, and I don't want to have to think too hard.

Well, each cabin does have a unique number. :D

If I remember I'll put a ribbon on the mailbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"unwashed-masses. Noun. (plural only) (idiomatic) The collective group ("mass") of people who are considered by someone to be somehow uneducated, uninformed, or in some other way unqualified for inclusion in the speaker's elite circles." Darn, eleven years of college and four degrees down the drain. But i want room service twice a day because i do shower. :cool: just look for the room with a sign outside.

You bring new meaning to the unwashed :halo:.:D

Fine. I still say I won't join the unwashed masses of door decorators.
And that's your prerogative. Nothing wrong with it if you don't want to. My point was, even if that particular steward didn't like it, which you don't even know because you made assumptions based only on his reaction, it's still allowed. The stewards don't control the policy, Carnival does. If stewards, as a collective, have a problem with door decorations, they'll have to take it up with their employer. And just because you changed your mind on it doesn't then make those who still do it inferior to you in any way (in reference to your "unwashed masses" comment).

I only have 3 degrees. You've got me beat.
And I have zero degrees, unless we're talking about the weather. ;p Luckily, here on this internet forum for cruisers, it doesn't matter anyway.

Looking forward to hanging a Happy Anniversary sign on our door! 10 years this day in age is a huge milestone!!

And that is EXACTLY what we have for our door. 25 years, and I am surprising my husband with a nice poster. My daughter is going to put it on our door for us (with command strips). When we leave, we will take everything with us so the room steward doesn't have to do anything. Congratulations on your 10 years, and I wish you many more HAPPY years together!

For those of you who don't like door decorations, don't do them! If you don't like karaoke, don't do it. I am quite sure someone, somewhere, doesn't like SOMETHING you do. I hope they aren't rude enough to tell you!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

And that is EXACTLY what we have for our door. 25 years, and I am surprising my husband with a nice poster. My daughter is going to put it on our door for us (with command strips). When we leave, we will take everything with us so the room steward doesn't have to do anything. Congratulations on your 10 years, and I wish you many more HAPPY years together!

For those of you who don't like door decorations, don't do them! If you don't like karaoke, don't do it. I am quite sure someone, somewhere, doesn't like SOMETHING you do. I hope they aren't rude enough to tell you!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Congrats to you on 25 years!! =)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Please pardon the question - not trying to quibble...

I thought all stateroom doors were metal (fire safety)?

Now that I've written that, I guess that doesn't necessarily mean they're magnetic...

So - does anyone know if the Sensation has magnetic doors?

I would like to display 2 small magnets.

TIA

Who would have thought this innocent subject could be so polarizing! Display what makes your door YOU and do no harm to the ship or your fellow passengers (washed or not). That's my rule of thumb. BTW, I will have a birthday wish for my wife, identifying our door, on the Miracle this Saturday!!!

Carnival screws their stewards enough without the passengers adding to the mix.
If passengers abide by the guidelines and use decorations that don't leave anything behind that stewards have to clean up, including the decorations themselves, I don't see how door decorations "screw" stewards.

I'm curious. Why do some of your posts contain a hidden "SaveSave" that can only be seen if you highlight the text?

Untitled4.png

Untitled3.png

How wide are the room doors?

If you have Pinterest search for "cruise cabin door" they have the measurements for all of the ships doors and if they are magnetized or not.

I can't wait for my group of "unwashed masses" to decorate our door!!! It should be fun and I truly PRAY we piss off a few of the fuddy duddies who complain about it! It literally would make my day!

:evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

i bought a few decorations on my last trip that were pirate themed because my boyfriend's actual birthday was mid cruise. someone on the crew saw the decorations and sent a small plate of chocolates and strawberries to our room after dinner. unexpected and greatly appreciated. i only had a small banner outside. inside was a few more decorations i stuck up with magnets.

we generally end up walking every deck at least once and saw some other rooms that were way more decorated than ours. some with pictures of the family having fun. it was cute.

We normally decorate our cabin door with tropical birds/palm trees and use command strips. Our last cruise we got concerned about breaking the Carnival rules. We had brought some magnets but the door was not metal on the Magic. We actually missed our door decorations and will go back to putting them up next cruise. There were quite a few door decorations and mail slot ribbons. It is just something unique and we have had room stewards give positive comments. Don't let the negative people on the thread dictate your cruise for you! Enjoy and have fun!