Grand's Sabatinis

CastMember 02

It's not the new, redesigned venue. That would require a dry dock. I don't know for sure if they are changing the menu fleet wide or not but I believe they are. If I'm wrong there will certainly be someone who can correct me.

Edit: Just saw THIS in another thread.

Im on the Grand now and ate at Sabatini's last night. The new menu will be a 25.00 charge, but they are not sure when the menu change will occur. The price drop is due to Sabatini's getting only 30 people average a night and Crown Grill getting 100 average per night. All according to our waiter last night. The plan is to roll it out for the Alaska season, but they are waiting for the training staff to arrive and ready the kitchen on the Grand. Loved the Short rib penne, but it will be discontinued:loudcry:

Edited by Thrak

It's not the new, redesigned venue. That would require a dry dock. I don't know for sure if they are changing the menu fleet wide or not but I believe they are. If I'm wrong there will certainly be someone who can correct me.
The Grand was just in drydock in December but, as far as I know, Sabatini's was not updated like on the Caribbean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Grand was just in drydock in December but, as far as I know, Sabatini's was not updated like on the Caribbean.

That was my understanding as well. I never heard of the new design prior to the CB.

I was only talking about the refurbishment of the dining room. I fully accept that Princess might not keep their promise to introduce the new menu before the end of April. (Sad! :cool:)

I don't know when the OP is sailing, but I hope the timing works out for them and they get to enjoy the new menu.

Thanks for the correction. So both the Grand and the Caribbean have the remodeled Sabatini's. Any idea on which ships the new Sabatini's menu has been introduced?

Thanks for the correction. So both the Grand and the Caribbean have the remodeled Sabatini's. Any idea on which ships the new Sabatini's menu has been introduced?

The Princess Sabatini's Trattoria webpage shows the new menu beginning this month on the Caribbean & Grand and expanding to other ships soon. Apparently the new menu will be implemented this year even before remodeling the venue's decor on other ships.

THE TRANSFORMATION UNFOLDS

Experience the new restaurant design and elevated menu on board select ships, beginning with Caribbean Princess and Grand Princess this April. And stay tuned for updates as we extend the newly refreshed Sabatini’s menu across the fleet in the coming months.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants/sabatinis-italian-trattoria/

I was that poster, and I think they said the new menu was coming on the cruise that began on 4/23. I must say that I am not a fan of the remodeling, it appears and fells less intimate and cozy. That was part of the charm to me.

Those modern style chairs look like torture devices. Flat seats with little to no padding. Straight back with zero lean to match normal human backs. And round metal arms with no cushioning at all. They don't look comfortable at all! :(

Screen-Shot-2017-03-09-at-11.52.50-AM-768x379.png

Those modern style chairs look like torture devices. Flat seats with little to no padding. Straight back with zero lean to match normal human backs. And round metal arms with no cushioning at all. They don't look comfortable at all! :(

Screen-Shot-2017-03-09-at-11.52.50-AM-768x379.png

Unfortunately for me that's been true with all of their other recent restaurant modifications...Share, Salty Dog & now Sabatini's Trattoria.

To me these decor changes are more generic than previously which would make it easier to change the venue to another type of restaurant in the future.

Oh but its soooooooooooo much more "modern"!!!