Royal Caribbean 2018/19 Deployment

I agree re Brisbane. However, I think Brisbane will be an additional facility not a replacement for Sydney. It will have a lot going for it, for Aussies, as well as Kiwis and Asians, who can fly direct in to Brisbane, being closer to South Pacific Islands, PNG and cruises to NQ. Maybe forward thinking cruise lines will do an occasional cruise to Darwin. However most overseas people will still want to cruise from Sydney.

I agree. It's interesting to see how much the Brisbane market has grown lately (I suspect many from the GC) though. Seems the many years of P&O Dawn there have really grown the market there.

I agree. It's interesting to see how much the Brisbane market has grown lately (I suspect many from the GC) though. Seems the many years of P&O Dawn there have really grown the market there.

They seem to all come from the Tweed Heads area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what percentage of passengers RCI attracts from that demographic but we've done a couple of Celebrity NZ cruises and both of those had a high percentage of international travellers onboard, both from the US and the UK.

It varies by itinerary. The large ships heading to islands tend to have a large AU share e.g. 80-85%+. International visitors are more attracted to the other itins e.g. NZ and esp one way, so can bring it down to even 40-50%. Celebrity better caters to those itins as well.

Yes, my frequent cruiser GC neighbours will only cruise from Brisbane now. In their case, as they age they can no longer be bothered with flying to Sydney and cruising from there.

It varies by itinerary. The large ships heading to islands tend to have a large AU share e.g. 80-85%+. International visitors are more attracted to the other itins e.g. NZ and esp one way, so can bring it down to even 40-50%. Celebrity better caters to those itins as well.

Do you think that could have anything to do with the decrease in South Pacific cruises on offer?

I think cruising Australia/NZ appeals most to Americans, or trans Pacific.

I am just off Explorer and tried to book the Radiance Transpacific from Hawaii for 2018 but was told the itineraries were not being released until 30 April - apparently now 16 May. Any news on whether Radiance will still be doing this repositioning or will be doing an Asian itinerary?

I really wanted to do Bora Bora and love this itinerary! :loudcry:

See the post on page 1 from fairywren: the RCI media release - Radiance 17th September 2018 - Honolulu to Sydney - so don't cry [emoji22] all may not be lost!!