Royal Caribbean Breaks Ground for CocoCay Pier

LauraS

We were scheduled to stop there on the Harmony May 2019 and got notice that we would not be going there

Wow, they already know more than a year in advance that the pier won't be done.

I hope everyone is reading the date right.

The completion date for all the rides, slides, shops, cabanas etc is SEPT 2019, not this year.

The new pier will be finished by then, hopefully, but no date has been announced on that, yet.

crews have been saying a projected date of Sept 2018 for quite a while now.

I think the projected completion date for just the pier is by Sepy. 2018, . It makes sense to get the pier in early in the upgrade process so ships/barges loaded with equipment/materials can tie up & offload. In the RCCL announcement last month, as I recall, most of the updates would be complete by spring next year and all by the end of summer.

We have a sailing with our 3 grandkids on Symphony late May '19, so I'm hoping they will have most of the work done & there won't be any closures at that time.

I hope everyone is reading the date right.

The completion date for all the rides, slides, shops, cabanas etc is SEPT 2019, not this year.

The new pier will be finished by then, hopefully, but no date has been announced on that, yet.

Royal is showing Symphony and Harmony docking there on a regular basis starting May 11, 2019.

According tohim it’s a cultural thing for native islanders to let politicians buy theirvote and upon getting into office, it becomes all about bettering thepoliticians and their families at theexpense of the rest. He said Martiniquewas different as it is a province of France, and the French will come over andpull someone out of office if the person isn’t taking care of thepopulation. What little I saw inBarbados also positively impressed me concerning the welfare of the population. But the other islands…not so much.

That is exactly what the British government did with Turks & Caicos in 2009. The government had become corrupt and the Crown revoked T&C's sovereignty, came in, cleaned house, and then returned the islands to self-rule in 2012.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled thread about the long-awaited pier at CocoCay, already in progress. :)

I am just the opposite, I find the private destinations more relaxing and therapeutic. Different strokes I guess. :)

I guess so. If I want a day at the beach I can walk down the street and save several thousand dollars. At least at regular port calls people have options. You can have a relaxing beach day if you want one.