Carnival Airport transfers vs cab or private company

coinkc

Is there any benefit to using the Carnival airport transfers vs a private company for after the cruise? Does Carnival assign you a bus based on what time your flight is or is it just first come first served till the bus is full? Will they guarantee they will get you to the airport in time to check luggage before your flight? I'm wondering if it would be faster to just get a cab? And if so, are there cabs readily available after the cruises? (We are sailing in and out of New Orleans if that makes a difference).

Our flight leaves at noon (the later flights were significantly more expensive!) so it's after their acceptable flight times but I still tend to worry...

It's not an option to stay another day due to work so we have to fly home after the cruise.

Usually, cabs are faster and cheaper than cruise line shuttles...but that totally depends on the port.

At airports and the port itself, there is always a "taxi line"...so a cab is no problem to get.

You will most likely be OFF the ship around 8am or so...plenty of time!

Is there any benefit to using the Carnival airport transfers vs a private company for after the cruise? Does Carnival assign you a bus based on what time your flight is or is it just first come first served till the bus is full? Will they guarantee they will get you to the airport in time to check luggage before your flight? I'm wondering if it would be faster to just get a cab? And if so, are there cabs readily available after the cruises? (We are sailing in and out of New Orleans if that makes a difference).

Our flight leaves at noon (the later flights were significantly more expensive!) so it's after their acceptable flight times but I still tend to worry...

It's not an option to stay another day due to work so we have to fly home after the cruise.

We were flying out the next day so we loitered onboard to let some of the nonsense clear before we left. Then we took an uber from the port to our hotel which was by the airport and we got there by around 10:00. The UberXL cost us about 30 dollars.

All cruise ports have multiple transfer options. Carnival is usually the most costly. Have you already booked your flights? What time, and What port?

re-read the original post, the answers to your questions are provided there.

Yep !

I would get a cab or uber/lyft. New Orleans can be very unpredictable in the traffic in the quarter depending on what day you come back and waiting for a shuttle would drive me nuts. we are not fans of organized trnsportation or excursions though - herd into a group, hurry up to wait, then herd to a bus, then hurry up to wait....over and over....lol never again.

All cruise ports have multiple transfer options. Carnival is usually the most costly. Have you already booked your flights? What time, and What port?

Are you kidding? Read the post? With almost 50,000 posts, she doesn't have time to actually read the whole post.

I, too, suggest to just grab a taxi. Many ports are cheaper to grab a taxi than what Carnival charges for 2 on the bus. Much faster too.

And I wouldn't worry about getting to your gate on time if you get off the ship early. Do self assist debarkation and you should be at the airport by 10 at the lastest.

Actually it is already put into the price. But you could always tip extra.

Nope it isn't. On uber you cannot tip in the app, Uber states the following.

"In most cities, Uber is a cashless experience. Tipping is voluntary. Tips are not included in the fare, nor are they expected or required."

Lyft allows you to tip in the app.