Where should we go to watch the sail away on BA?

annabug

You want to be on the port (left) side as that will look directly at Manhattan and Brooklyn. I like to be on the upper deck near the front - it will be crowded - but the experience of going directly under the Verrazano Bridge is really cool. You are so close that it feels like you can touch it.

You want to be on the port (left) side as that will look directly at Manhattan and Brooklyn. I like to be on the upper deck near the front - it will be crowded - but the experience of going directly under the Verrazano Bridge is really cool. You are so close that it feels like you can touch it.

Fantastic!! TY so much!!:D

deck 18 is the number one spot, but remember it may be very crowded; actually if you have a balcony you can get a great view from there. That is where we decided to watch a few weeks ago. It was very cold and we didn't want to to to deck 18 and freeze. :*

We have always started on the Deck 15 sundeck on the port side, then switching to the starboard side for the SOL. Lots of rail space, so you can usually get in to take in the views. They, as the crowds thin, move up to Deck 18 for the bridge.

I was in an aft penthouse, from there you can see NY skyline and Statue of Liberty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, aft penthouse balcony is the best place for sailaway!

If you don't happen to have an H6 cabin, I'd find any aft spot. You see the whole Manhattan skyline, plus a great view of the Statue of Liberty. You will miss out on something if you stay on one side of the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were in an AFT balcony and our son feel asleep just before we left so we were in our cabin and it was fantastic. Unbelievablely awesome and beautiful. I'm glad that happened by accident cause we would have never known. Whenever we sail NCL out of NY we will get an AFT cabin and enjoy the scenery from the privacy of our room. That was just awesome.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app