Can't believe the prices!!!!

The new uk pricing policy has well and truly cost us. They've made it all inclusive (no specialty). So the price includes gratuities, drinks and 1 bottle of water per person per day. We booked epic before this scheme, got free drinks, $300 obc and inc gratuities was £950. Now for the same cabin on the same ship, same time next year on all inc is £1390 and no obc. We feel what the OP is saying. We won't switch lines though like the OP as Its still good value compared to celebrity and rccl. We're not sailing msc or costa, thanks but their brand is not for us. OP when you've done msc you may realise that you get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

UK pricing has rocketed under the new premium all inclusive deal. We're booked on the Spirit in August 2018 with the free all inclusive drinks package. The price with the new promotion is well over £1,000 more for our family - and essentially the only extras it includes are the gratuities and bottles water. I'm glad I booked when I did. Other cruise lines are starting to look better value for next year. That said, US pricing for NCL now looks pretty attractive and you can still get deals including the drinks package, so we'll probably book through a US TA in the future. My prediction is they're testing the waters with the new UK pricing structures, and prices will adjust downwards in the next few months.

I think you are probably right. If they don't get the UK passengers they will adjust prices. It is always easier to start out high with an "all inclusive" price and then discount it.

One thing to consider: In America, they would simply lie openly and say they give you a $2,800 value for $1,800 at the outset, even if no one anywhere had ever paid $2,800 for it. I understand your consumer laws require the price actually be established and sold at a higher price before they can advertise the discount. You make them tell the truth. That's a great idea. The unintended consequence of that law is that some people have to pay the inflated "list price" in order for them to legally advertise the new lower price as a discount. And that kind of marketing works, so they will "suffer" with lower bookings for the months where they have to advertise an inflated "real price". But they need the business, so every 9 months or so they will have a "sale" that will boost bookings for the asked-for "all inclusive price".

(Before anyone quotes the FTC requirement that a "regular price" be "real", read up on it a bit ... it's a law that isn't enforced).

That Jewel cruise I mentioned earlier is now $399 and "NO" single supplement. I would consider this a great deal.:D. The same can be said for the Pearl too sailing out of Seattle.

Edited by jskinsd
to add on

That Jewel cruise I mentioned earlier is now $399 and "NO" single supplement. I would consider this a great deal.:D. The same can be said for the Pearl too sailing out of Seattle.

Exactly the same cruise on the UK site today, based on 2 sharing is £879 per person, which is the equivalent of $1138. Pretty big mark up for All Inclusive price and "currency fluctuations". Oh yes and single traveller pays virtually full price.

Maybe that's why NCL customers in UK feel a little ripped off right now :confused:

Exactly the same cruise on the UK site today, based on 2 sharing is £879 per person, which is the equivalent of $1138. Pretty big mark up for All Inclusive price and "currency fluctuations". Oh yes and single traveller pays virtually full price.

Maybe that's why NCL customers in UK feel a little ripped off right now :confused:

True but no-one is compelled to buy. Even if the pricing returns to a more reasonable level, I don't think I would buy from NCL again.

Annie

Do you mean that you cannot just purchase an IX with no perks. You have to pay for the extras. Wow! I guess you are being ripped off in the UK. I wonder how much this cruise is on Canadian websites.:confused:

Do you mean that you cannot just purchase an IX with no perks. You have to pay for the extras. Wow! I guess you are being ripped off in the UK. I wonder how much this cruise is on Canadian websites.:confused:

That's right, there is no option in UK except all Inclusive, Also we have no option to benefit from price drops or even bid for upgrades.

I used to cruise Disney and NCL is a steal compared to Disney.

With respect, like other posters before you, you're​ talking North America not the UK/Europe which is where the compulsory AI pricing is causing grief.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Prices have definitely gone up.

I looked around at the NCL site today and was pretty shocked.

I don't hate NCL for this.

They can charge what they want.

However, I do wonder if they are taking the "high advance pricing, low pricing after final payment date" method, which was popular in the days before Del Rio took over.

If that's true, you may be best off waiting until 2 weeks AFTER final payment date, and booking at that point (provided that this itinerary isn't super popular and doesn't typically sell out early).