Tipping/ Coastal Kitchen?

Now I feel like a creep,

We have only ever tipped the bartenders and concierge in suite lounge.

Usually only dine in CK once per cruise, did not tip.

Guess we will in future if that is the trend.

Thanks

Now I feel like a creep,

We have only ever tipped the bartenders and concierge in suite lounge.

Usually only dine in CK once per cruise, did not tip.

Guess we will in future if that is the trend.

Thanks

I don't think it is a 'trend'.

We tipped our CK server each time we ate there. It seems they brought a ticket at the end of the meal and I added it on to that. We had beyond excellent service all week. Before knowing our dining plans and because you cannot pre-book the CK, I went ahead and reserved a table in the MDR for my daughter's birthday dinner. When I called to set up the room decorations for her birthday, the agent saw we were eating in the MDR that evening and said they would do something special for her. Nothing was done for her. She turned 20 and it was not a huge deal to her so I didn't mention it to anyone. The following evening we were back at CK. Two nights prior our CK waiter had asked what we would be doing the following day. We mentioned our daughter's bday. The night after her birthday when we were having dinner at CK, our same waiter brought her a very special dessert with a candle without us saying a word about the MDR experience the night before. That is wonderful service!! Cornelius received a very nice tip for showing such kindness and great service!!

We tipped our CK server each time we ate there. It seems they brought a ticket at the end of the meal and I added it on to that. We had beyond excellent service all week. Before knowing our dining plans and because you cannot pre-book the CK, I went ahead and reserved a table in the MDR for my daughter's birthday dinner. When I called to set up the room decorations for her birthday, the agent saw we were eating in the MDR that evening and said they would do something special for her. Nothing was done for her. She turned 20 and it was not a huge deal to her so I didn't mention it to anyone. The following evening we were back at CK. Two nights prior our CK waiter had asked what we would be doing the following day. We mentioned our daughter's bday. The night after her birthday when we were having dinner at CK, our same waiter brought her a very special dessert with a candle without us saying a word about the MDR experience the night before. That is wonderful service!! Cornelius received a very nice tip for showing such kindness and great service!!

We were able to reserve times for CK prior to the cruise after the Concierge contacted us. This was about a week out.

We never go a ticket for dinner. We always tipped the bartenders either by drink or like $5 when we first showed up a given night.

We were able to reserve times for CK prior to the cruise after the Concierge contacted us. This was about a week out.

We never go a ticket for dinner. We always tipped the bartenders either by drink or like $5 when we first showed up a given night.

Good to know for our Oasis cruise in March! When I inquired by email when concierge contacted me a week out they said it was easiest to make reservations once on board.

Good to know for our Oasis cruise in March! When I inquired by email when concierge contacted me a week out they said it was easiest to make reservations once on board.

We were in a GS. I know JS have access to the CK for dinner, if space available. So I don't really know if those that sail in JS may make reservations prior to boarding through the Concierge.

Maybe someone with experience of sailing in JS could advise us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in a GS. I know JS have access to the CK for dinner, if space available. So I don't really know if those that sail in JS may make reservations prior to boarding through the Concierge.

Maybe someone with experience of sailing in JS could advise us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in a Grand Suite and will be in a Crown Loft Suite next March. I will make sure I get reservations early next time.