Pride of America and CPAP Machines

zerooveride

Both me and my wife use CPAP machines. Does anyone have any experience with them on the Pride of America. I am wondering about the placement of outlets to the bed so we can use our machines properly. Also does the ship have distilled water available for use. THANKS!

Both me and my wife use CPAP machines. Does anyone have any experience with them on the Pride of America. I am wondering about the placement of outlets to the bed so we can use our machines properly. Also does the ship have distilled water available for use. THANKS!

Call the Access Desk at 866-584-9756 at least 2 weeks before your cruise and request distilled water.

There is no need to notify NCL that you are bringing a CPAP on board.

There are typically no outlets near the bed (by design).

We pack a non-surge protected power strip to provide outlets at the desk. We have a 12' extension cord (with multiple outlets) to bring power from the desk to the bed. And a second 6' extension cord to provide power to the other side of the bed.

Because you are as close to sea level as you can be (without being underwater) and the air is naturally humid, we never carry our humidifiers. Extra space and weight. Your choice.

I use a machine too. I called NCL and requested distilled water and they said they would provide it in my cabin.We'll see if it's there on Saturday.:)

A year ago, I tried using my CPAP with the water part. It worked great. Have now been well over a year, and means a smaller device in my carryon when we travel (see signature for all our travels).

As to distilled -the water on the ship is somewhat distilled and works great even if they do not bring any. Actually, I was using filtered water for sometime at home - maybe 4 years.

Extension cord. We ALWAYS travel with a lightweight extension cord. You should assume the plug will NOT be near the bed on the ship, or in any hotel room you might wind up in.

If you can get it near the bed, you really do not need two cords. That assumes the cord on the CPAP is long. Mine is maybe 8 ft long, so it reaches under the bed fine.

Never informed anyone we were bringing a cpap. Not an issue.