Live Trip Report (sort of) - Allure of the Seas, May 14, 2017

Thanks, Robyn for this live review. You are doing well for your first one. I will be following your posts since my DD and I will be on the Allure with the same itinerary sailing on August 6th. My question, though, is how are you able to use your cell phones for messaging and posting reports without incurring massive roaming charges? Is there ship-wide wifi, now? Just wondering since I have always kept my phone on airplane mode and only used it for the camera and clock.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your reports from the Allure this week. Thanks, again.

Hi sushi girl - hubby and I bought the wifi package - so this is all wifi :)

We're in Nassau today - short day and unfortunately- thunderstorms for most of the morning so we didn't even get off the ship. Looks gorgeous now that we are getting ready to depart!!

Will type more later. Breakfast in dining room was great and totally nice and calm. Lunch in windjammer - thank goodness we walked up a little after 12 when they were opening up second side. It was so crowded and by the time we left the lines to get in we're INSANE - so I'd recommend getting there early or late if you plan to do WJ.

My kids are also using the kids club. Did ok last night - not too thrilled with it today. Happy to share more info about that too - will post more tonight. Going to try and get some sun now that it has finally emerged!

I love love love Allure! You're going to have a great time. I'll be following along. :)

@sushigirl53 - with the Voom internet package, you can use the ship's wifi for iMessage and other things without connecting to the cell tower. Just keep your phone in airplane mode, but keep your wifi turned on, and you'll be safe from those roaming charges. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously? Wow! Can't wait to hear the story behind that! I was thinking I wanted to see if I saw anyone running towards the ship - and also that we left a little late - but I had fallen asleep and we were moving by when time I left deck 12 and met my hubby on 15.

Just saw Ice Games - seriously a highlight of the trip - and for us at least - not to be missed. Sorry we didn't see it on Oasis because we loved it. Now my family is watching Ocean Aria from deck 15 - great view and no tickets needed :-)

Ha! Sorry. Falling down on the job here!! Pulling into St. Kitts right now. Lots to catch up on. St. Thomas yesterday was beautiful.

Mama Mia on Tuesday night was phenomenal! St. Kitts looks like it will finally be a sunny day!!

Hoping to head to reggae beach bar - though my son has asked to stay on the ship to enjoy it. I told him we won't be seeing beaches like this again for a long time - so hopefully I get my family to go!

Mistakes we've made - for some reason, hubby didn't bring much cash which isn't great when you need to pay everyone in cash!!

Also - hubby ordered the wrong drink package AND lost our soda cup :p - not mad, but definitely not getting it money's worth!!

My time dining again last night - Alexander in American Ickn is great! We were happy to be seated with him again even with no reservation.

We enjoy breakfast in the dining room best.

Ship isn't too crowded. - supposedly only 600 kids on board when normally slider to 2000. Had made kids club a bit weird - but also good (for us) because my two kids (9 and 7) are together - which is good for the 7 year old.

Ok - docking and need to see if I can move my family. Maybe we can get moving in st. Kitts (and then get back). I think all aboard will be 4:30 - docking is 8 am.

Will try and have more time to catch up tonight - the last two nights I've been researching what to do since I didn't plan well at all :D

Also - we don't feel too much movement on the ship - we're on deck 12 act. This morning though - I think we felt the engines power down - and we felt the vibrations - woke us up. I don't mind - but the 9 year old wasn't too happy about being woken up :-)

Ha! Sorry. Falling down on the job here!! Pulling into St. Kitts right now. Lots to catch up on. St. Thomas yesterday was beautiful.

Mama Mia on Tuesday night was phenomenal! St. Kitts looks like it will finally be a sunny day!!

Hoping to head to reggae beach bar - though my son has asked to stay on the ship to enjoy it. I told him we won't be seeing beaches like this again for a long time - so hopefully I get my family to go!

Mistakes we've made - for some reason, hubby didn't bring much cash which isn't great when you need to pay everyone in cash!!

Also - hubby ordered the wrong drink package AND lost our soda cup :p - not mad, but definitely not getting it money's worth!!

My time dining again last night - Alexander in American Ickn is great! We were happy to be seated with him again even with no reservation.

We enjoy breakfast in the dining room best.

Ship isn't too crowded. - supposedly only 600 kids on board when normally slider to 2000. Had made kids club a bit weird - but also good (for us) because my two kids (9 and 7) are together - which is good for the 7 year old.

Ok - docking and need to see if I can move my family. Maybe we can get moving in st. Kitts (and then get back). I think all aboard will be 4:30 - docking is 8 am.

Will try and have more time to catch up tonight - the last two nights I've been researching what to do since I didn't plan well at all :D

I have read about others being able to get a replacement soda cup from guest services when they lost the first one. Maybe try talking with them so you can use the soda cup the rest of the cruise?

Loving your review, thank you for taking the time to post. We will be on this same itinerary in July. This will be our first time on this class of ship and were going to take the same approach as you, relax and not feel like we have to do everything. I'm a bit conflicted if we should do the first night done right or just go ahead to our dining room for our 8:00 seating. Would you happen to have a copy of the menu in the dining room from the first night? I'd love to also get your opinion on St. Kitts. It seems to be a tough port of call for us to figure out what to do in.

I actually do have a pic of the menu from the first night - it's the only one I took! When I realized I couldn't post pics - I stopped taking them

St. Kitts - we wound up using Luz Pereira tours for a transfer to Reggae Beach Bar on Cockleshell beach. Great decision. That area of the beach was a bit crowded - but I walked down just a bit and was in the most beautiful location I have ever been - and had it virtually to myself. Phenomenal and we didn't want to leave. Will try again to post pics.

Loving your review, thank you for taking the time to post. We will be on this same itinerary in July. This will be our first time on this class of ship and were going to take the same approach as you, relax and not feel like we have to do everything. I'm a bit conflicted if we should do the first night done right or just go ahead to our dining room for our 8:00 seating. Would you happen to have a copy of the menu in the dining room from the first night? I'd love to also get your opinion on St. Kitts. It seems to be a tough port of call for us to figure out what to do in.

we used Thenford Grey tours. Very reasonable prices, we got to see a lot of the island and then we had a stop at a very nice beach.

Tonight was the second formal night. We skipped it again - in favor of a more low key evening. Stayed at the pool past 6, windjammer again (ugh!) - kids went to kids club, hubby went to Blue Planet and I stayed in the room to pack. Yes - one night early. I've never done that before - but 95% is done now so I don't have to lose time tomorrow doing it. And I enjoyed the quiet time in the room by myself!

Awesome about the Thenford Gray tour. Because my 9 and 7 year olds had been hit or miss on touring - we did the beach day with short stop along the way. Worked out well for us - at some point I would probably want to see more of the island.

Can't believe it's our last day. Really has been a wonderful trip. Beat box and balloons walking into Windjammer this morning. Complimentary mimosas. We have a nice seat by the basketball courts.

And my dd and I also hit boardwalk donuts first and Johnny Rockets. Sat quickly but was not impressed with the scrambled eggs - thought they would be better but they weren't.

I love the muesli on the ship so while waiting for my other two family members (finding a seat at the pool is going to be impossible!) - I'm having muesli and my daughter is enjoying her fruit loops. Sunday night is going to be a ROUGH return to reality!