What are my options?

I am on the same cruise as you this week. I called Verizon and for $40 I could get 100 minutes and 100 texts and a little bit of data. I will have it start the day we leave. I would try calling Verizon again and hopefully talk to someone that knows about these plans. There were a few international options.

Thanks, I will call them back. Cannot wait for Sunday!

Ukigirl please write us again once you actually see your Verizon bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Right? Can't tell you how many times I've called Verizon to dispute charges, last week we were Detroit by riverfront,across the from Windsor, Canada. Did not text or call anyone, saw a charge for $50 for international roaming charges, got it taken off after a lengthy discussion with customer service. Don't get me started, this could be a long, off topic thread.

What about the app, Google Hangouts, anyone ever use it?

Hangouts is an instant messaging/video calling app like Skype or WhatsApp. They all offer direct and group messaging and have slightly different feature sets. All function over wifi or data.

What about the app, Google Hangouts, anyone ever use it?

We use Hangouts and Hangouts Dialer all the time. Works really well on wi-fi. They have recently removed regular text capabilities, but you can still send text messages to other people with the Hangouts app. Hangouts Dialer let's you call any phone number just using wifi

Thanks, I will call them back. Cannot wait for Sunday!

I gave you the wrong information. After reading the terms it looks like international plans won't work from the ship. Only pay as you go rates work. When in port you can use the Travel Pass option by texting "travel" to 4004.

We are on Adventure OTS now. Phone on airplane mode with wifi on and using Voxer app to text and talk (not a phone call, like a walkie talkie). Voom Surf & Stream is working great all over the ship. If you have time, wait for a cruise planner sale. On board, the price for one device is $17.99/day. I paid half ($8.99) in advance with a cruise planner sale.

We got the package for wifi for free because we were in a suite (3 adults different codes)

If you are a returning guest to RCI and are enrolled in their loyalty program there are discounts.

If not purchasing their voom is well worth it

Safe travels.

Right? Can't tell you how many times I've called Verizon to dispute charges, last week we were Detroit by riverfront,across the from Windsor, Canada. Did not text or call anyone, saw a charge for $50 for international roaming charges, got it taken off after a lengthy discussion with customer service. Don't get me started, this could be a long, off topic thread.

Some years ago, I saw a charge that I did not understand as I have unlimited land line calling. Called Verizon and I was told that it was a third party line charge. I could not understand as I never use such applications. I then was told (?) since I immediately made another call after hanging up, their system picked it up as a third party call. Looks like they had the same IT personnel as RCL. Now if I make an additional call, I wait 15-30 seconds.

Ps. Got the charge removed.