Sign & Sail Card...Will My Method Work?

Do you even realize what you're saying? Of course you don't. Someone says they want to use cash on their S&S account and you make a big deal out of it just because you do it differently. Who needs the safe space? Why are you so sensitive to others handling their vacations differently? In the last few days alone, I've seen you go after people for handling their on board expenses differently and for asking a question about balcony doors. Talk about trying to suppress others. People like you are a dime a dozen on internet forums. You bully others for having different opinions or doing things differently, but when anyone stands up to it, you try to make them out to be the bad guy. It's nothing new, I've dealt with it for 20 years. Maybe you're used to chasing others off. Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not the pushover you're hoping for.

You seem to be triggered which is why I mentioned a safe space.:confused: You are taking things mighty personal over a comment where I said nothing more than it is a 'complicated' way to handle the finances on board. You will see I am not the only one who feels that way but for some reason you want to single me out and portray my view as somehow dramatically out of line. Sure, one way may work but in the ongoing discussion it is possible to learn of another way that would work even better. It happens every day on here. You are doing everything you can to blow this out of proportion which is simply odd behavior.

As for the other topic, I stand by my comments. It is a fact that leaving the door open has a negative impact on the cooling capacity of the surrounding cabins. When someone knows this and basically says 'oh well I like hearing the ocean...sucks to be them' that is nothing but a self centered and selfish move that should be mentioned.

I'm sorry you think someone is a 'bully' just because they may hold a different opinion than someone else. So, I guess keep up your grand fight against those who discuss things on a forum about cruise discussion! You have been doing it for '20 years' and as long as you are on a message board your mission will never end.

I will never understand why people make this so complicated.

Thank you! I was just thinking the same thing. Take care of your Sign & Sail card on day 1 with cash or credit card and be done with it. Use the kiosks or the HUB app to keep track of your spending.

Personally, I save cruise spending money before hand. I leave most of it at home. I use my Carnival MC for my Sign and Sail card, then use the money I saved to pay the bill. This way I have points for OBC for the next cruise.

But the answer to the OP's question is - yes you can. But why?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

She didn't put it out for discussion. She has already chosen her preferred method of managing her expense account and simply asked if it was possible. The answer was, and still is, yes. The end. No discussion necessary, but because she isn't doing it the way you, and others, do it, you think it requires discussion to convince her otherwise. You were in the thread about propping open balcony doors complaining about people who are all about "me....me....me....me," yet here you are turning a simple question (that has been answered multiple times over) into what ray98 does and what ray98 thinks everyone else should do and what ray98 thinks of anyone who doesn't do it his way.

BUT this is a discussion group/board and when you ask a question you ARE going to get all sorts of answers - whether you want them or not. Such is the nature of DISCUSSION groups. If you only want the answer to YOUR question and no one else's opinion call Carnival - don't ask on a PUBLIC discussion group!

Personally, I don't understand why someone would want to do this. I LIKE reading other people's thoughts because it gives me a greater understanding - and I like to understand how other people think. IMO - we need MORE understanding - not answer the question or shut up!

whether she put it out for discussion or not, once posted on a public site, it's up for discussion by anyone who wants to discuss it. I, along, with many other, as you stated have answered the question by stating yes, it will work. But i, along with many others question "why" someone would want to waste the time to do this which is perfectly acceptable to do on this site. The op can answer or ignore the question as they see fit but you have no right to tell others what is open to discussion.

this ^^^^^ amen!

No I don't, because I am already platinum. I was just asking about the FTTF.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Lucky you! I was this > < close when then changed the rules. Now it's taking forever and they will probably change it again when I'm this > < close. I <3 FTTF!

Some of you are insufferable with your opinions of what others should do with THEIR $ on THEIR vacation. If she wanted to use a cc, she would use a dang card! She asked if her scenario was possible because that's the way SHE has chosen to budget herself and the simple answer to that is, yes, it is. Use the kiosk. And as far as "standing in line 7 different times" goes, I can count on 1 hand how many times I've had to stand in line at a kiosk, and that's usually on the last night as people are trying to settle up their account. Later in the evening, you can typically walk right up with not a soul in sight. It takes about 3 minutes or less to do what you need to do at the kiosk. If for some reason that's so unreasonable and takes away from your relaxing time, then newsflash, don't do it! Geesh! :mad:

I choose to use cash because it keeps me on budget and I don't put luxuries on credit. If I can't afford to pay cash, I don't need it.

Dang, yes, I agree! I've put cash on my account the first day and between that and OBC, I've never had to go stand in line a single time to add more. Because I budget the amount I want to spend, make sure I have that on my account between OBC and cash, and then that's all I spend. I don't know how that's a bad financial decision :confused:

Have you taken the Dave Ramsey class? Just curious.

Yep, we are proud lovers of Dave Ramsey! We have established credit but operate on a cash basis as much as possible. Our debt snowball is now a measly snowflake! Woo hoo!

Agree 100%

I pay my cruise expenses with cash also, but I have better things to do than run down to guest services or the kiosk every day to drop a partial payment. Unless being OCD is the driving force here, just pay your balance off the next to last day of the cruise to negate a credit card charge. Save yourself 6 trips which are unnecessary.

Certainly not OCD, but nice of you to put that in bold for some ridiculous reason. I deposit cash the first day and never go back. If I run out of money (which I never have), I stop spending. Easy peasy :D So I make my trip the first day, you make yours the next to the last. what's the difference?

The end. No discussion necessary, but because she isn't doing it the way you, and others, do it, you think it requires discussion to convince her otherwise.

I didn't tell anyone what is or what isn't open to discussion.

Uhhhhh, yes you did attempt to do so. The first post above is EXACTLY what you stated. And as per the TOA, only a moderator has the right to decide when it is "The End" and no more discussion is necessary. Until a moderator makes that decision, everything is open for debate/discussion.

Talk about trying to suppress others. You bully others for having different opinions or doing things differently.....

Hmmmmm, have you looked into a mirror lately??

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not the pushover you're hoping for.

Neither am I. ;) Let the discussion continue. :D

Uhhhhh, yes you did attempt to do so. The first post above is EXACTLY what you stated. And as per the TOA, only a moderator has the right to decide when it is "The End" and no more discussion is necessary. Until a moderator makes that decision, everything is open for debate/discussion.
A little dramatic, don't you think? "You said 'the end' and moderators are the only ones who get to determine that." Shame on me. Just to clarify, the OP asked a direct question and it was answered multiple timesThat could've easily been the end of it, but some people used it as an opportunity to attack her for doing things differently. They are the ones who stifle discussion on this forum, not me. There's a huge difference between having a rational discussion and bullying someone for doing things differently. One is encouraged, the other should be discouraged. My comments were meant for the latter, nothing more.

Hmmmmm, have you looked into a mirror lately??
Let's get something straight. All I was doing was defending the OP. But somehow I'm the bully here? Oy vey. :rolleyes: I don't have any issues with you, Computer Nerd. As a matter of fact, I've agreed with many things you've said around the forum. On the other hand, I've also seen you say some pretty rude things to people you disagreed with, so it's interesting that you find my comments here so offensive.

A little dramatic, don't you think? "You said 'the end' and moderators are the only ones who get to determine that." Shame on me. Just to clarify, the OP asked a direct question and it was answered multiple timesThat could've easily been the end of it, but some people used it as an opportunity to attack her for doing things differently. They are the ones who stifle discussion on this forum, not me. There's a huge difference between having a rational discussion and bullying someone for doing things differently. One is encouraged, the other should be discouraged. My comments were meant for the latter, nothing more.

Let's get something straight. All I was doing was defending the OP. But somehow I'm the bully here? Oy vey. :rolleyes: I don't have any issues with you, Computer Nerd. As a matter of fact, I've agreed with many things you've said around the forum. On the other hand, I've also seen you say some pretty rude things to people you disagreed with, so it's interesting that you find my comments here so offensive.

If you deem factual information "dramatic", so be it. As per the TOA, only a moderator has the authority to squelch, end, or change the directions a thread is moving. That's a fact. So, unless you're a secret moderator, you really don't have the authority to even ask, much less tell, another poster what they can or can't post. That is a fact, not an opinion. Again, if you want to consider that statement dramatic, you are free to do so.

I don't have any issues with you either but I don't appreciate you telling me or others what they should or should not be saying. It is our prerogative to say whatever we want as long as it doesn't violate the TOA. And just as you have seen me say something rude (which is different to each person), I view you trying to tell others what they should or should not say as bullying. Again, that is just my opinion and others may see it differently. And I do have to disagree on your statement about some here attacking the OP. I have seen many people (myself included) questioning the OP as to why they would want to waste so much time doing things the way they plan. As I also stated, it's purely up to them on how they want to do things but I do have the right to say why and it's not an attack when I do.