Eurodam to Alaska with the Two Cruising Sisters 5/20-27

And today's report is up ( first sea day on the way to Juneau). Still loving the Eurodam experience:D. twocruisingsisters.wordpress.com

Good morning! I'm really enjoying your sister's report! Your room is beautiful and I have to say that breakfast menu is a lot nicer than the one we received in our room each night! lol. No "powdered" eggs for you guys....I know you're upset about that right? 😉

We enjoyed all of the Asian food choices that the Lido offered during lunch each day...the shrimp chips were my downfall. I was sneaking those babies everytime I walked through there.

Enjoy your day in Juneau...I've been singing "rain rain go away" for you I hope it works! I'll be watching the webcam as Eurodam arrives!

We are actually in a Neptune suite, and the menu my sister posted on her blog was a Neptune suite room service breakfast menu. I believe the " additional selection" breakfasts such as the eggs benedict, the steak and eggs, the smoothies, etc are an extra charge for all cabins except Neptune and Pinnacle suites.

That explains it

Morning report posted on the blog as we cruise up Chatham Strait towards Juneau. Weather overcast with some fog but also some sunbreaks. Typical Alaska weather:D

This is for Styles27 - The cruise director, who calls himself the entertainment director, is Clinton. Stone, the previous cruise director, is nowhere in sight, so she must have been filling in. I'm so sorry about your powdered eggs:eek:

Info for any classical music fans - The Lincoln Center Stage quintet are all from the U.S., and just came aboard in Seattle. They are a young and very talented group, who will be together on the Eurodam until November 12, or so they told us. If you're on the ship check them out. They really are excellent, and also very friendly, happy to answer questions.

Off to chase down some (non-powdered egg) breakfast (aka Bloody Marys), so see you all later. We're having a dam good time on our "dam" ship:D The crew have all been great; we haven't encountered one single sour or unhelpful person.

This is for Styles27 - The cruise director, who calls himself the entertainment director, is Clinton. Stone, the previous cruise director, is nowhere in sight, so she must have been filling in. I'm so sorry about your powdered eggs:eek:

Info for any classical music fans - The Lincoln Center Stage quintet are all from the U.S., and just came aboard in Seattle. They are a young and very talented group, who will be together on the Eurodam until November 12, or so they told us. If you're on the ship check them out. They really are excellent, and also very friendly, happy to answer questions.

Glad to hear about both - we sail her in September

That is very interesting! It would be interesting to know if she was moved to another ship or given a different position.

I'm happy for you and all future Eurodam cruisers that she's moved on. I like that Clinton calls himself the entertainment director...that says a lot about his personality and sounds promising.

Anyone remember the days when CD's could sing, dance or do a comedic act? We have seen some really talented CD's over the years.

Make sure you wave to the webcam in Juneau!!! Have a great time there!

I enjoyed hearing about the coffee machine (it's the little things!) Can you tell me the brand? There was a German WMF on the Disney Dream and I liked the coffee a great deal, so I checked it out when I got home since I was in the market for a new coffee machine which can do everything. It was $18,000 :eek: (too bad there isn't a fainting dead away emoji) I ended up buying a Jura instead, but I must have had 4 or 5 different incarnations of drinks per day - Cappuccino espresso macchiato - you name it I had it! I wanted them to get their 18 g's worth!

Love reading your blog! I am really looking forward to my trip :D

If you wouldn't mind, enquiring minds whose names I will not mention (Emi and Andrew) would like to know what movies are playing on demand. Because that's only slightly less important to them than OMG INTERNET.

Your blog is great. Thanks so much. We're sailing in Sept, first time on Eurodam and first time in a Neptune Suite. If you get a chance would you post pics of the bathroom and dressing room? Loving all the pictures!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

My sister will post pics of our Neptune suite dressing room and bathroom when she updates her blog tonight:D

That is very interesting! It would be interesting to know if she was moved to another ship or given a different position.

I'm happy for you and all future Eurodam cruisers that she's moved on. I like that Clinton calls himself the entertainment director...that says a lot about his personality and sounds promising.

Anyone remember the days when CD's could sing, dance or do a comedic act? We have seen some really talented CD's over the years.

Make sure you wave to the webcam in Juneau!!! Have a great time there!

Cruise Director Stone was filling in temporarily, and she has now been assigned to Maasdam. CD Clinton appears easy going and pleasant, and seems very experienced.

We did wave at the webcam through the Crow's Nest windows, as it was raining:D

I enjoyed hearing about the coffee machine (it's the little things!) Can you tell me the brand? There was a German WMF on the Disney Dream and I liked the coffee a great deal, so I checked it out when I got home since I was in the market for a new coffee machine which can do everything. It was $18,000 :eek: (too bad there isn't a fainting dead away emoji) I ended up buying a Jura instead, but I must have had 4 or 5 different incarnations of drinks per day - Cappuccino espresso macchiato - you name it I had it! I wanted them to get their 18 g's worth!

Love reading your blog! I am really looking forward to my trip :D

Coffee machine in Neptune Lounge is Cafina XT4. Makes coffee, espresso, cappuccino, latte macchiato, and decaf versions of same. Individual coffee maker in Neptune suite cabin is a Ventura Mocoffee, like a k-cup.

If you wouldn't mind, enquiring minds whose names I will not mention (Emi and Andrew) would like to know what movies are playing on demand. Because that's only slightly less important to them than OMG INTERNET.

There has to be something like 200 current on demand movies in multiple genres. The latest are Lala Land, Split, and Founder. The movie categories are Action/Adventure, Drama, Comedy, Family, and Destination. Hopefully,your kids will look out the window once in a while:D

There has to be something like 200 current on demand movies in multiple genres. The latest are Lala Land, Split, and Founder. The movie categories are Action/Adventure, Drama, Comedy, Family, and Destination. Hopefully,your kids will look out the window once in a while:D

Oh, they will. We're going to have FUN, dammit. Seriously, thanks for the info. Oldest lit up at LaLa Land. Maybe I will actually get a few minutes alone with my husband! It would be nice to enjoy a quite drink and laugh about all the things we've been keeping a straight face about.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cruise Director Stone was filling in temporarily, and she has now been assigned to Maasdam. CD Clinton appears easy going and pleasant, and seems very experienced.

We did wave at the webcam through the Crow's Nest windows, as it was raining:D

I thought I saw waving through those windows! [emoji6]

That's great detective work about the CD! Thank you for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Styles27 - we're in the Ocean Bar listening to The Band play and watching a few couples dancing. Anything we can request on your behalf? :-D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

That's great! How about At Last! [emoji4] Have a cocktail for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope you have a great cruise. Give my regards to Karin..

Hi Father - we're having a lovely time, despite the somewhat iffy weather. Thought you'd like to know that one of the Neptune concierges was at the crew Mass last night at 11 and really appreciates the opportunity. He says he promised his mother that he would go whenever he could and that HAL makes it easy to keep that promise. :)