Eurodam to Alaska with the Two Cruising Sisters 5/20-27

Your blog is great. Thanks so much. We're sailing in Sept, first time on Eurodam and first time in a Neptune Suite. If you get a chance would you post pics of the bathroom and dressing room? Loving all the pictures!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Here you go - they're not the best but it'll give you a sense of the nice size!

img_0266.jpg

img_0267.jpg

img_0268.jpg

Yesterday's Juneau post is up. We did too much food and beverage "research" last night to do a more timely report:D This year's Alaska cruise is far more sedate than usual. With Lisa-Ann recuperating from full knee replacement surgery, we have decided to make this trip all about the ship. We are enjoying every minute of our first experience with the Eurodam. Again, you can visit the blog at twocruisingsisters.WordPress.com

Glorious day in Glacier Bay, and we've only just started. I have seen several otters so far. Lisa -Ann will put up a few initial photos on the blog. For you parents out there, Glacier Bay regulations prohibit excessive noise and loud on deck activities, including the sports courts. So no sport equipment rental is available today. Cell phone and internet can be very spotty. However, the bow is open (just don't throw the kids overboard).

Would you mind informing us which nights are formal nights? I am on the Eurodam 7/1 and have a specialty dining night to book, but don't want to book it on a formal night.

Thank you in advance,

Lana

Your blog is always delightful. Since you are "ship-focused" on this cruise, just have one photo request: A picture of the Lido deck burger and fries. I've always forgotten to take a good photo of them since I am too eager to dive in :p to the offerings!

Would you mind informing us which nights are formal nights? I am on the Eurodam 7/1 and have a specialty dining night to book' date=' but don't want to book it on a formal night.

Thank you in advance,

Lana[/quote']

Sunday and Thursday are Gala nights on Eurodam to Alaska. I goofed and booked specialty dinners ahead of time for those nights but it worked out ok.

Yesterday's Juneau post is up. We did too much food and beverage "research" last night to do a more timely report:D This year's Alaska cruise is far more sedate than usual. With Lisa-Ann recuperating from full knee replacement surgery, we have decided to make this trip all about the ship. We are enjoying every minute of our first experience with the Eurodam. Again, you can visit the blog at twocruisingsisters.WordPress.com

Thanks for all of the updates...it's really feeding my withdrawal I've had since we returned to reality!

I hope Lisa-Ann's knee is feeling good!

One thing we never got the chance to do while on Eurodam was to have a cocktail in that room with all of the artwork hanging on the walls...can't remember the name of it!

So if you're so inclined, while doing further beverage "research" I'll live vicariously through you ladies! [emoji6][emoji485][emoji483]

I think my DH was pretending to be part of the artwork with his pose but this is the room I'm talking about. [emoji484]0e8fa719b68aa7745512c5fa5bac84d4.jpg

Just read your latest blog post and it looks like you ladies already visited the Gallery (thanks for reminding me of the name) bar last night! I knew I could count on you girls! lol

Also thank you for taking a picture of the band in the Ocean Bar! Today, I couldn't figure out how to comment on the blog so I thought I'd mention it here. I could have sworn I was able to comment on a post there on Sunday...could be my old IPad acting up on me!

Enjoy Glacier Bay...I think it's probably my favorite place on earth!

(Just went to your blog on my phone and I could leave a comment! YAY!).

Edited by styles27

We have been to Glacier Bay several times, and have had pretty good weather for the most part. However, today we have been truly blessed with the most spectacular weather we've ever had here. Lisa-Ann has already taken several hundred photos so far. Absolutely incredible. The hard part is going to be narrowing down which ones to post!

Sunday and Thursday are Gala nights on Eurodam to Alaska. I goofed and booked specialty dinners ahead of time for those nights but it worked out ok.

Thanks, Deb! You are correct:D The first full sea day and the evening of Ketchikan day are the "Gala" nights on this itinerary!

Your blog is always delightful. Since you are "ship-focused" on this cruise, just have one photo request: A picture of the Lido deck burger and fries. I've always forgotten to take a good photo of them since I am too eager to dive in :p to the offerings!

Yes, for you we will "sacrifice" ourselves to do this:D Hope we can restrain ourselves to take the photo before we start eating:D

We have been to Glacier Bay several times, and have had pretty good weather for the most part. However, today we have been truly blessed with the most spectacular weather we've ever had here. Lisa-Ann has already taken several hundred photos so far. Absolutely incredible. The hard part is going to be narrowing down which ones to post!

I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to see them!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As always, great pics. CK is now wanting me to find out which ships have Tamarind dining on them.

k

Tamarind is on Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, and I think Konigsdam. We loved it so much after our first experience there that we have booked another night.

Tonight Rudi' s Sel de Mer makes its debut on Eurodam as a "pop up" restaurant in the Pinnacle Grill, and we have a reservation. Several executive chefs from Seattle are on board, including HAL's top chef, Rudi Sodamin himself, to make sure the implementation goes smoothly. Stay tuned for a pictorial review:D

Tamarind is on Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, and I think Konigsdam. We loved it so much after our first experience there that we have booked another night.

Tonight Rudi' s Sel de Mer makes its debut on Eurodam as a "pop up" restaurant in the Pinnacle Grill, and we have a reservation. Several executive chefs from Seattle are on board, including HAL's top chef, Rudi Sodamin himself, to make sure the implementation goes smoothly. Stay tuned for a pictorial review:D

Was it difficult to get decent dining time for Tamarind booking onboard?

Hi Father - we're having a lovely time, despite the somewhat iffy weather. Thought you'd like to know that one of the Neptune concierges was at the crew Mass last night at 11 and really appreciates the opportunity. He says he promised his mother that he would go whenever he could and that HAL makes it easy to keep that promise. :)

Glad to hear he could get to Mass.

Ooooh! Can't wait for a full review of this!!! I'm hungry just thinking about it!!!!

And, I've got a question. Does the coffee table raise and lower? In one of your pics, it looks like it has a lever that you can use to raise it. That would be perfect for dinner in the room if it's a bit too cool outside!

That sounds like a real putz at your table. Don't think we've ever had anybody that drunk at our table before. Hope he wasn't that bad every night. Love your pictures.

Allan

Your Glacier bay pictures are gorgeous...it's nice to see some of those shots with sun shining because we had fog and rain for the first part of our day there.

About the drunk guy at your table. Are you guys noticing more people on board drinking excessively?

We did. I'm not sure if it's the drink packages that are causing people to "drink their money's worth" (it's the first cruise we've taken since it's been in place)

We had a couple about our age (early 50's) sit with us the first night in the MDR.

They were both plastered drunk when they sat down. They told us they paid for the drink package and they wanted to be sure to drink their "fill".

I am by no means a prude and we do drink alcohol albeit responsibly but this couple told me they figured they needed to drink 12-15 drinks a day to make what they paid for the package worth it.

What the heck is that about?

Two nights later as we walked into the MDR the wife was waiting to be seated and she was alone. We asked her if she was waiting for her husband and she responded "no, he's passed out in our room he drank too much".

Throughout the week we noticed this with other folks and sure enough the people who appeared to be over indulging said they were on the drink package.

I don't get that at all.

Nice way to spend a cruise.:confused:

Ooooh! Can't wait for a full review of this!!! I'm hungry just thinking about it!!!!

And, I've got a question. Does the coffee table raise and lower? In one of your pics, it looks like it has a lever that you can use to raise it. That would be perfect for dinner in the room if it's a bit too cool outside!

The coffee table in our cabin does not go up or down. You might have seen my sister's walking cane in one of the photos and mistaken it for a lever?