Just off the Breeze (may 21-28 Jam,Cay,Coz out of galveston) my thoughts.....

Socalf1fan

Like the title says, we just came back from a 7 day on the Breeze.

I travelled with my wife and two daughters (12 and 16) we had a balcony room in deck 9 midshipn port side (room 9372 to be exact).

Room: my previous Carnival cruises were on smaller ships, and this balcony cabin felt bigger than the others. We normally do whichever deck is under the lido, mid ship so it's an easy walk up the stairs or down to go swim or eat. Room was clean and well kept. Our room steward was practically non existent and it wasn't the best services we had ever received, nearly adequate at best.

Ship: honestly, I was a bit disappointed with the ship...Don't get me wrong, it was very clean and has a ton of amenities. The alchemy bar was great, was nice to get a vanilla bean from Starbucks at the coffee shop...but..the lack of a 3rd pool really killed it for me. The two pools, both on deck 10 were jam packed almost the entire time. I know...its a busy time of year but really a 3rd pool like most of the ships I've been on would have done wonders to help cure that. Instead we have the waterworks area. Which if I was 10 would have been perfect. But I'm almost 40 and it would have been nice to be able to get into a pool without 20-30 other people crammed into them.

Food: Guys Pig and Anchor was the new one on board....and the meat was well cooked. In fact the chicken was super duper good. The sauces on the other hand felt a bit lack luster. I like a thicker sauce and these had the consistency of water. I tried the 4 they had on offer and 3 tasted real similar and a bit bland. MDR was overall very good. We had upper dining on Blush (aft) table 788 so we sat kind of in the center of the ship but right against the windows looking out to the aft. Good views as we had the early dining and our wait staff was good and got a good tip too. The Steakhouse was also very good. The cheesecake was massive!

It was a fun trip but that 3rd pool really was a debbie downer for us as far as the ship goes. We will most likely seek out a smaller ship for the next one.

Anyhow if you have any questions about the ship or the fun times (I kept them teehee) ask and I will answer as best I can.

Edited by Socalf1fan
Spelling error

Anyhow if you have any questions about the ship or the fun times (I kept them teehee) ask and I will answer as best I can.

We're taking the same itinerary in June with 11yo boy and 15yo girl, 1 balcony, 1 interior.

I'd love to see the fun times, and especially which nights were formal.

Also, which excursions did you enjoy?

I'm especially interested in the Jamaica excursions to the falls. 2 hours in a bus seem a bit much for me, but the fam wants to do it.

Thanks for posting! I know I'm kind of early with the planning, but we are doing the same itinerary early next year and have booked two connecting balconies on deck 9.

Was noise an issue in your room from Lido above? And which days were the formal nights?

I just came off the same cruise. We stayed on Lido Deck 10 Forward. Our experience was very good with just a couple of glitches that were taken care of quickly. We were not upset with the pool situation because we are hot tub people and our 14 yr old son was only interested in the water park.

I have notice the past three carnival cruises I have been on that carnival seems to be cutting down on the staff on board. More cruisers, less staff. Our room steward was quite nice but only on duty until the afternoon. There was another person on duty in the evening if you needed something. He always made sure we had ice in our bucket at night which was very nice. Less staff was most notable in the dining rooms.

Often when eating on Lido deck buffet area it was hard to find a clean seat especially at lunch that was something I had not experienced before. Usually they have people cleaning my dishes from my table as I finish up. In the Blush dining room we only had two people taking care of our table and many others around us. They did well and were very pleasant to see each evening, but they were overworked and sometimes it took longer than usual to get the food to us.

The two glitches we had: Our toilet stopped flushing on the second sea night. We mentioned it as we left for our Jamaican excursion and it was back to normal when we got back on board. Second glitch: My son could not get his sail and sign card to work in the arcade. We all tried our cards and none of them worked. We went to the customer service desk and waited 30 minutes to find out that there was a problem with some of the cards printed and they reprinted our cards. The new cards now had a new folio number which also caused a few problems but we were able to sort them out quickly.

Elegant nights were Monday and Thursday.

Highly recommend the Carnival hub app for your phone. It keeps the schedules and maps right in your phone. You can favorite items and it will remind you before they occur so you don't forget. We really enjoyed the chat feature of the app. We were all able to communicate on the ship with our phones through the app chat feature. It does cost 5.00 per person for the entire week... was well worth that for us to keep up with our teenager.

Thanks for your review. We leave in 40 days. I was wondering the same when looking at all the pictures. The pools seem tiny. You see 1000 pool chairs and it looks like a 15x10 foot pool. Just not right. Oh well. Looking forward to the experience. I'm sure my kids will love it

I was on the same cruise, it was my first cruise, I had a wonderful time.

What do you guys think of the debarkation process ? Is that normal process ?

I understand they have to get ready for the next departure, so we had to be out

of our cabin by 8:30 A.M. and go to a waiting area, but there were so many areas

that were off limits so that created congestion, I was extremely annoyed by the whole

ordeal, but once I got in my vehicle to start the long drive home, I was over it and

thinking of our next cruise. :cool:

of our cabin by 8:30 A.M. and go to a waiting area, but there were so many areas

that were off limits so that created congestion, I was extremely annoyed by the whole

ordeal, but once I got in my vehicle to start the long drive home, I was over it and

I started a thread awhile back to check if disembarcations in Galveston was still a mess and the consensus was yes. Carnival relies on the cruisers showing up at their appointed times. Princess send groups to different areas then a crew member sends them down; known as their silent disembarcation. Just remember no matter what everyone is off by 10:30 or so anyway so really not much reason to get so excited.

We're taking the same itinerary in June with 11yo boy and 15yo girl, 1 balcony, 1 interior.

I'd love to see the fun times, and especially which nights were formal.

Also, which excursions did you enjoy?

I'm especially interested in the Jamaica excursions to the falls. 2 hours in a bus seem a bit much for me, but the fam wants to do it.

Formal nights were the 1st day at sea and then it was grand Cayman I believe. I will upload the fun times when I get home from work.

In Jamaica we hopped a shuttle bus to some place recommend by the bus driver, Tropical Bliss. Big let down and a bit sketchy (Jamaica is always sketchy anyhow imo). We did Deep Stingray City/Coral gardens in Cayman. It was good but your out at a barrier reef in like 15 feet of water so it's not calm seas if that's what you were wanting. In cozumel we did the turtle cove and cenote deal. Our second time doing it. Great times, but the buffet is lackluster to say the least (spaghetti of all things....in a Mexican buffett)

Thanks for posting! I know I'm kind of early with the planning, but we are doing the same itinerary early next year and have booked two connecting balconies on deck 9.

Was noise an issue in your room from Lido above? And which days were the formal nights?

Not really. I could hear what sounded like some stuff being rolled a couple times but honestly there was more noise from kids and people in the hallway than I ever hear from lido. Formal was 1st day at sea and Caymen. So monday and thursday.

I'm used to being out of the rooms early, this was the first time that I recall being asked to go to the forward elevators. When they got to our floor, 9, they had 1 elevator running, but remedied that after about 10 minutes and got them all running. Once on the elevator it went quick for us.

I just came off the same cruise. We stayed on Lido Deck 10 Forward. Our experience was very good with just a couple of glitches that were taken care of quickly. We were not upset with the pool situation because we are hot tub people and our 14 yr old son was only interested in the water park.

I have notice the past three carnival cruises I have been on that carnival seems to be cutting down on the staff on board. More cruisers, less staff. Our room steward was quite nice but only on duty until the afternoon. There was another person on duty in the evening if you needed something. He always made sure we had ice in our bucket at night which was very nice. Less staff was most notable in the dining rooms.

Often when eating on Lido deck buffet area it was hard to find a clean seat especially at lunch that was something I had not experienced before. Usually they have people cleaning my dishes from my table as I finish up. In the Blush dining room we only had two people taking care of our table and many others around us. They did well and were very pleasant to see each evening, but they were overworked and sometimes it took longer than usual to get the food to us.

The two glitches we had: Our toilet stopped flushing on the second sea night. We mentioned it as we left for our Jamaican excursion and it was back to normal when we got back on board. Second glitch: My son could not get his sail and sign card to work in the arcade. We all tried our cards and none of them worked. We went to the customer service desk and waited 30 minutes to find out that there was a problem with some of the cards printed and they reprinted our cards. The new cards now had a new folio number which also caused a few problems but we were able to sort them out quickly.

Elegant nights were Monday and Thursday.

Highly recommend the Carnival hub app for your phone. It keeps the schedules and maps right in your phone. You can favorite items and it will remind you before they occur so you don't forget. We really enjoyed the chat feature of the app. We were all able to communicate on the ship with our phones through the app chat feature. It does cost 5.00 per person for the entire week... was well worth that for us to keep up with our teenager.

We just got off the same cruise. We had an issue with our toilet, sink, and shower toward the end of the cruise. They said a broken water pipe on Deck 11 had taken service out. It was restored fairly promptly though. I also had an issue with my card working in the arcade and had to get a new one at Guest Services with a new folio number. This caused an issue with the sticker for the unlimited Thrill Theater ticket we had purchased, but it was resolved easily enough. I second the Hub app. The integration with the Apple Watch also worked really well.

D4, which was the arcade basically.

My grandparents are D4 for our upcoming cruise. Were there plenty of places to sit during the muster drill or do they need to get there early? (My grandfather has some limited mobility issues and our family all has different muster stations, so we won't be there to take care of him.)

but once I got in my vehicle to start the long drive home, I was over it and thinking of our next cruise. :cool:

Isn't that the TRUTH! We completed our first cruise in February and quickly booked our next cruise for February '18 BUT have since booked a cruise with the kids (well, most of them) for August. I understand what you are saying!!

OP - thanks for your update. We were also on the Breeze and I thought only 2 pools (and not that large either) seemed odd for a ship of that size. Being February and the DW is not a swimmer so it didn't matter that much but I do see your point. :)

• 1 month later...

Would you mind sharing scans or pics of the Fun Times? I have been trying to find them online and haven't had any luck!

I travelled with my wife and two daughters (12 and 16) we had a balcony room in deck 9 midshipn port side (room 9372 to be exact).

Room: my previous Carnival cruises were on smaller ships, and this balcony cabin felt bigger than the others. We normally do whichever deck is under the lido, mid ship so it's an easy walk up the stairs or down to go swim or eat. Room was clean and well kept. Our room steward was practically non existent and it wasn't the best services we had ever received, nearly adequate at best.

Ship: honestly, I was a bit disappointed with the ship...Don't get me wrong, it was very clean and has a ton of amenities. The alchemy bar was great, was nice to get a vanilla bean from Starbucks at the coffee shop...but..the lack of a 3rd pool really killed it for me. The two pools, both on deck 10 were jam packed almost the entire time. I know...its a busy time of year but really a 3rd pool like most of the ships I've been on would have done wonders to help cure that. Instead we have the waterworks area. Which if I was 10 would have been perfect. But I'm almost 40 and it would have been nice to be able to get into a pool without 20-30 other people crammed into them.

Food: Guys Pig and Anchor was the new one on board....and the meat was well cooked. In fact the chicken was super duper good. The sauces on the other hand felt a bit lack luster. I like a thicker sauce and these had the consistency of water. I tried the 4 they had on offer and 3 tasted real similar and a bit bland. MDR was overall very good. We had upper dining on Blush (aft) table 788 so we sat kind of in the center of the ship but right against the windows looking out to the aft. Good views as we had the early dining and our wait staff was good and got a good tip too. The Steakhouse was also very good. The cheesecake was massive!

It was a fun trip but that 3rd pool really was a debbie downer for us as far as the ship goes. We will most likely seek out a smaller ship for the next one.