How do you choose?!

What if it is twenty fifth Caribbean cruise? :)

It wouldn't matter to me. I go where I want to go. I don't care which ship gets me there. I can't imagine going someplace I have no desire to visit just because a certain ship is going there.

We don't have a single island we absolutely don't like. Always find at least a nice beach.

On the other hand there are ships we don't like. And not because they are large or small, but because of ambiance etc.

We don't cruise for the sake of cruising. We pick a destination and then assess if a land trip or a cruise would be best for us to vacation in that area. So to answer your question the ports are the major deciding factor and then the ship.

As for the ship we look at Royal and Celebrity to see which line has the best itinerary for that area of the world and price, then we pick.

I would have to agree with itinerary first, ship second. We've only a handful of cruises under our belt, so everything still seems fresh and new, regardless, but I'd still think the where would always win out over the how.

I'm really torn right now.

I have the choice of a ship/class I'd love to go on (Oasis - I've never been on an Oasis class before) with an itinerary that I could take or leave (Eastern Caribbean)

or a boat I've been on before (Explorer) with an itinerary I've always wanted to do (Pacific Northwest).

What's the deciding factor for you? What's more important? The ship or the stops?

On our Oasis cruise, the ship was definitely the destination and we loved it. On Explorer last year, it was for the itinerary. We hadn't been to San Francisco in over 20 years and staying on the ship overnight, being able to leave and return whenever we chose, was a real plus. We hadn't been to BC either. It really depends what you're looking for.

On our Oasis cruise, the ship was definitely the destination and we loved it. On Explorer last year, it was for the itinerary. We hadn't been to San Francisco in over 20 years and staying on the ship overnight, being able to leave and return whenever we chose, was a real plus. We hadn't been to BC either. It really depends what you're looking for.

For me the destination and ship are of equal importance.