AlwaysFrantic Answers Her Own Questions Alaska Cruise '17

We checked into the Westmark in the wee hours this morning. It's a sad little lobby. Upstairs though the carpet in hallways appears new and the room is ok. Plenty of space, updated bathroom. But there was trash in a trash can when I arrived. Ewwww. Didn't discover that until this morning with my coffee maker trash. Probably for the best....I'd have not slept worrying the sheets weren't clean either.

I've read comments that the Westmark wasn't in a good area to see other places. I underestimated their comments. I look out and appear to be a giant hotel in the midst of homes. Hopefully a morning walk out to find breakfast will make me feel like I'm not in the middle of nowhere. But from my high floor room, that appears to be the case.

It sounds like you had a great time in Vancouver and saw a lot. The Granville Island Market is one of my favorite places to visit (truth be told, everything in Vancouver is my favorite place :D). Cardero's is truly my favorite restaurant.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your Denali visit because we are visiting in August (no cruise this time).

Thank you for taking the time to bring us along with you. Keep enjoying!

Taxi warning in Fairbanks. We needed a ride to the Westmark from airport. We pulled up and he said $21. In uber that would be like $5. I rode much farther elsewhere for less. Maybe that's the growing rate but I kinda think not.

And he was just straight up nuts. That too.

Taxi warning in Fairbanks. We needed a ride to the Westmark from airport. We pulled up and he said $21. In uber that would be like $5. I rode much farther elsewhere for less. Maybe that's the growing rate but I kinda think not.

And he was just straight up nuts. That too.

Alaska - Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd:D

Answered another one of my questions. The carry ons we hand take from hotel to hotel can not be left on the bus during stops. The driver will put it underneath if you really don't want to carry it on the excursion.

A GREAT restaurant in Fairbanks is The Crepery. Highly recommend

The riverboat cruise was a little slow for us. The captain mostly talked about the family that started the tour. The Indian village stop was nice.

Denali Dollars, two $70 certificates were in our packet.

It's a spread out resort. I hadn't expected the hill. Most people probably will want to use the resort shuttle if going to the main building. Denali Square is down the hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought they were set to specific areas. So not sure if rates were raised maybe??

Fare to Granville Market was $18.50. Return was $13.00. So traffic can make a big difference in the fare.

Vancouver activities: We rented bikes early and rode the sea edge around Stanley Park. Loved every minute of it !

Looked around Gastown and went to Granville Market and did a Vancouver Foodie Tours tour of the market. Good fun and good food.

TRhabnks for sharing you comments with us. Good reading . Happy you are all set and ready to cruise. Hope you have a wonderful time. Enjoy.