Picture review of the Conquest June 3-8 Sailing

bluejay555

Looking forward to your next post, I bet you love keeping all of us in suspense!! [emoji23]

Haha! Thanks! I really meant to finish this review before now but every time I sit down to do it, something pulls me away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for such a rewarding review! :D

Thanks! I appreciate that!

We spent most of the day at Margaritaville hanging out in their giant pool. There was music playing, and on the swim-up bar end of the pool, it was a big drink-fest party (which looked like sooo much fun!) but the pool is so huge that you could escape that side for a more kid-friendly area, which is what we did. My mom and I got a margarita because, when in Rome....lol And they were $22 each. We could get refills for $12 though, so hey, what a bargain. And now we have souvenir cups as a memory.

This day seemed so rushed, with the flowrider and delivering the books so once in the pool relaxing, I really didn't take any pictures! I wish I would have gotten the pool from all angles because wow, it was a POOL.

This is the best I got....

IMG_1065_zpsrdnsfbbj.jpg

When we got tired of the pool, we explored the beach area. It was gorgeous, but the water wasn't great to spend a lot of time in. The bottom is rocky and hard to walk on, and there is seaweed everywhere. There were a couple locals selling conch shells and other things, but they weren't pushy or anything.

I present to you the $22 margarita! :p

IMG_1057_zpsk4lasexy.jpg

IMG_1059_zpsougcwoo3.jpg

IMG_1060_zpscnq2vpmd.jpg

Eventually it was time to head back. We had to be on board by 4:30. Fast day! We shopped a little bit and made our way back, got onto the ship, back in the room, and realized we forgot to see the John Glenn Memorial! Ugggghhhhhh! So disappointing!!! We'd been talking it up to the kids and were so excited to see it, and then poof. Completely out of our minds. Oh well, there are pictures online I suppose.

IMG_1042_zpsw9zkcdot.jpg

IMG_1044_zpszcmut0jr.jpg

IMG_1071_zpsh8gj80hk.jpg

Some pictures from dinner.....

Delish! I can't remember the name exactly, but I think it was a sweet and sour chicken appetizer

IMG_1075_zpsipqukae6.jpg

Escargot was wonderful

IMG_1076_zpswsxdkmdi.jpg

lasagna: now this was very good, but the meat was ground so fine that it has a weird texture.

IMG_1077_zpsah1ozxl7.jpg

A magician came to our table and did some card tricks. He asked Josie to help him (funny, I noticed most carnival people gravitated toward her instead of Sara. I guess Sara looks too old now to be considered a "kid" ? She would have enjoyed all the kid stuff/attention though, she definitely hasn't entered that "too cool for school" stage yet lol)

Anyway, the magician had Josie make a mark on the card with a sharpie. She drew that big dot on the top, gave it back, and of course it kept ending up in weird, impossible-seeming places. He was a really talented guy.

IMG_1078_zpsq3rgkiu6.jpg

He signed the back and gave her the card to keep

IMG_1079_zpsgaswsuxl.jpg

Tomorrow is our sea day! It will be nice to just relax on the ship all day!

IMG_1080_zps0kgnaee1.jpg

This was our door decoration. We decorate our door every single cruise! I let the girls pick something out from the dollar store and we use 3M command hooks to hang it.

IMG_1081_zpsjojf7pk1.jpg

I had read about this balloon drop in someone else's review of the Conquest, and then we just happened to see them getting ready to drop. It's a raffle for the spa I think? Or maybe jewelry? Whoever wants to participate blows up a balloon and puts their name inside. Once the balloons are dropped, they pick a winner.....but I guess after the winner is picked they let everyone pop the balloons? Because the review I read said the floor became slippery with spit from the balloons. EW!!!

IMG_1083_zps3vwlm4a9.jpg

IMG_1084_zpsaemr5p6h.jpg

Tea Time! It's at 3pm on seadays but hidden in the Funtimes. It's not listed in the "what's happening" section, but is in the Food section under "hungry for more". For the past 2 yrs now, you have to purchase your own tea bag if you want something different than black tea or green tea. Used to, they'd come around with a box of all kinds and give you your pick. The desserts were nice, especially the scones! You aren't seated alone anymore either. They set up a couple big tables and just fill them up as people arrive. I bet there weren't more than 15 people in there. I really feel they're trying to phase out tea time.

IMG_1086_zpspvul6nv9.jpg

IMG_1087_zpsb66wknz1.jpg

Oh the slide.....such a disappointment! Slowest slide EVER. The kids gave it a try on the first day and again on the last. No change, still slow!

IMG_1113_zpsvdcjhpzh.jpg

We went up and tried out the mini golf course. Never done that before! First of all, you have to walk across the volleyball/basketball courts to get up there. This was awkward. There were heated games going on with camp carnival teens and then we just walk right in the middle? The camp carnival leader stopped the game while we passed but it was just weird. Once up there, it was crowded and there weren't enough balls for us to each have one. No biggie. There are 9 holes I think? 4 on one side of the whale tail and 5 on the other? It was suuuuper windy up there but had great views! Once again, I sort of dropped the ball on picture taking and didn't get many....

IMG_1094_zpsoegijero.jpg

IMG_1096_zps3m0zxqlu.jpg

Our last dinner and I can't even remember what I had to eat! Oh well, the wait teams sang to us and didn't disappoint! I always love that corny last night of singing!

IMG_1108_zpsqyvnqlp0.jpg

IMG_1110_zpsy3r5iqv1.jpg

We went up and watched Moana at the seaside theater and cashed in our free drink coupons

IMG_1114_zps87998juc.jpg

Our last towel animal, and the end of my review. SAD!!! I have to say, I loved this cruise but I'm ready for another 7 day. It was too short!! Thanks everyone who has taken the time to read this review! I hope you all have awesome cruises planned soon!!!

IMG_1115_zpsic0o4dtp.jpg

This was our door decoration. We decorate our door every single cruise! I let the girls pick something out from the dollar store and we use 3M command hooks to hang it.

IMG_1081_zpsjojf7pk1.jpg

I had read about this balloon drop in someone else's review of the Conquest, and then we just happened to see them getting ready to drop. It's a raffle for the spa I think? Or maybe jewelry? Whoever wants to participate blows up a balloon and puts their name inside. Once the balloons are dropped, they pick a winner.....but I guess after the winner is picked they let everyone pop the balloons? Because the review I read said the floor became slippery with spit from the balloons. EW!!!

IMG_1083_zps3vwlm4a9.jpg

IMG_1084_zpsaemr5p6h.jpg

Tea Time! It's at 3pm on seadays but hidden in the Funtimes. It's not listed in the "what's happening" section, but is in the Food section under "hungry for more". For the past 2 yrs now, you have to purchase your own tea bag if you want something different than black tea or green tea. Used to, they'd come around with a box of all kinds and give you your pick. The desserts were nice, especially the scones! You aren't seated alone anymore either. They set up a couple big tables and just fill them up as people arrive. I bet there weren't more than 15 people in there. I really feel they're trying to phase out tea time.

IMG_1086_zpspvul6nv9.jpg

IMG_1087_zpsb66wknz1.jpg

Oh the slide.....such a disappointment! Slowest slide EVER. The kids gave it a try on the first day and again on the last. No change, still slow!

IMG_1113_zpsvdcjhpzh.jpg

I found out the hard way when me and DW were on the freedom that if your not soaking wet before you go on the slide your not gonna move to fast...or stop sometimes in the curves.. I felt a tad bit re re

I loved your review! I haven't been on this ship yet. HMC is my favorite port. And quite possibly my favorite place I've ever been. We're planning a cruise in April. I wanted to do a 4 day on the Victory only because of HMC and the dates. But it doesn't work with my niece's spring break or my dad's work schedule. So I guess we'll be doing a 3 night with an overnight in Nassau instead. Boo! I wasn't impressed with Nassau, but its a cruise so I cant complain. I loved Grand Turk as well. That pool at Margaritaville is a pool if I ever saw one. lol And the beach was rocky, but I enjoyed the port.

It's NASSAU day!!! My mom and I got up between 6:30 and 7am every morning to have coffee on the balcony, so we watched the ship dock.

Now here's a question....we docked next to the Victory, but then proceeded to watch it take off. Does the Victory dock there overnight? I couldn't figure out why it would be leaving at like 9am??

IMG_0740_zpsyoxzvphy.jpg

We had excursion tix for Blue Lagoon Island at 10:30am. We were told to meet in the Toulouse-Lautrec lounge at 9:45. Well we were getting antsy because we got there early and thought we'd have a long wait, but they actually took us off the ship at 10am. We had to walk quite a ways to meet our water taxi that took us to the island. The walk there was nice. The walk back was not (vendors everywhere, women wanting to hair-braid....locals were in our face) But anyway, So yeah. We got on the boat and it was about a 15 min ride to the island. Very scenic.

IMG_0752_zpsqcresz6k.jpg

OK, so I bought a selfie-stick for the cruise and took lots of goofy pictures with it. I'm still learning how to use it properly lol....

IMG_0753_zpsotgbrbl9.jpg

We were next to the Disney Dream. Looked like a pretty cool ship! It was just us and then a Royal Caribbean ship that looked like it was about ready for the scrapyards. I wish I could remember the name of it. It was so rusty and dated looking.

IMG_0757_zpscotmbi5b.jpg

Atlantis view was great from the boat ride. My husband and I toured it many years ago and it seems like a great place....just a little pricey and commercialized.

IMG_0761_zpsraohdisn.jpg

It was Enchantment of the Seas. Enchantment was my first cruise ship back in 2006. It looked a little rough. Maybe it is heading for dry dock soon.Thanks for the picture review of your (our) Conquest cruise.

Great review! Thank you so much!

Thank you for reading!!!

I found out the hard way when me and DW were on the freedom that if your not soaking wet before you go on the slide your not gonna move to fast...or stop sometimes in the curves.. I felt a tad bit re re

LOL yes, lots of water is key. The slides on the Dream are so fast and then this one they were having to grab the sides and pull themselves along. The Dream must pump more water down them, is what I'm thinking.

The Hyatt had the most amazing pool! It closes at sunset though, so we didn't have too long to swim.

quote]

Never understand this in places where it is in hot .... we want to swim in the dark .... I'm Texan LOL

I agree 100%!! We're headed to Branson, Missouri in a few days and those hotel pools are open until 10:30pm. We love to night swim!

great review .. love to hear someone with such a great attitude

Aw thanks so much!

I loved your review! I haven't been on this ship yet. HMC is my favorite port. And quite possibly my favorite place I've ever been. We're planning a cruise in April. I wanted to do a 4 day on the Victory only because of HMC and the dates. But it doesn't work with my niece's spring break or my dad's work schedule. So I guess we'll be doing a 3 night with an overnight in Nassau instead. Boo! I wasn't impressed with Nassau, but its a cruise so I cant complain. I loved Grand Turk as well. That pool at Margaritaville is a pool if I ever saw one. lol And the beach was rocky, but I enjoyed the port.

Sorry you can't fit in the cruise with HMC. Nassau will be great though, enjoy!!!

Loved your review! Thanks for all the great pictures! Looks like yall had a great time.

We did! Thanks for reading along!

It was Enchantment of the Seas. Enchantment was my first cruise ship back in 2006. It looked a little rough. Maybe it is heading for dry dock soon.Thanks for the picture review of your (our) Conquest cruise.

OK, yes. Dry Dock would be a great thing for it lol. I'm used to seeing such modern/grand RC ships, and this one looked like it limped into port on fumes lol

After the flowrider, I delivered some library books. For those of you unaware, the Grand Turk library burned down back in March. It was 130 yrs old and they lost all their books. They are mainly asking for children's books, although are accepting all books at this time. My school and I donated a stack of books to the cause and I was able to easily drop them off with someone who would get them to the library. Anyone who is going to Grand Turk in the near future, please consider doing this!

IMG_1046_zps5nlwvfdw.jpg

That's awesome!

Enjoyed your review, as I will be on this same ship and itinerary in August. You mentioned that debarkation didn't go so well. Will you be sharing that information in the review? Thanks for all the tips and for a fun review.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Enjoyed your review, as I will be on this same ship and itinerary in August. You mentioned that debarkation didn't go so well. Will you be sharing that information in the review? Thanks for all the tips and for a fun review.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

I completely forgot to talk about that! We have always done self-assist so we can get off the ship and on the road as soon as possible. We were wanting to drive 12 hrs in one day, so really banked on being at our car by 8am (totally doable at Port of New Orleans). Well the cruise director kept coming over the loud speaker and announcing that things were moving "incredibly slow" and for everyone to stay in your rooms or the lido or deck 5 until called. She seriously used the phrase "incredibly slow" at least 10 times. And I know it was out of her hands, it was probably the computer system or something but OMG by 10am, we decided just to go to deck 3 and leave the ship. I normally roll my eyes at people who do that kind of thing but we were desperate to get to our vehicle so I decided breaking the rules just this once would be OK. Deck 5 was PACKED with people, there was nowhere to sit, people were just sprawled on the floor with their luggage. We left the ship without problems, but felt guilty because they still hadn't called our floor. We were so relieved to be off the ship, but then we hit customs......whoa. We stood in line for nearly an hour. Not a pleasant experience. Needless to say, we only made it about 9 hours of driving that day.

There was something called a "Mobile Passport" line in customs that a few lucky people were allowed to go through, and apparently there's an app that customs is testing out and Port Everglades is one of the test sites. If you search mobile passport on here, you should be able to find a thread about it and possibly sign up online. Might make debarkation go more smoothly? Have a wonderful cruise!!

Thanks for mentioning the need for books at Grand Turk's library. We'll be making port there in February so they might not have a need for books by then, but if so, my fellow cruisers on that charter (on Royal (!)) may be able to help out.

The trick is to arch your back a little and slide more on the backs of your feet and your elbows. I tried that the second time (the first time WAS really slow) and I went REALLY fast. The kid who went before me said I was way up on the side of the slide right at the end, and I got there so fast (compared to the first time) that I totally wasn't prepared and got water up my nose like a newbie. :D