Picture review of the Conquest June 3-8 Sailing

bluejay555

Another fellow Missourian...south of you both in Springfield :)

I went to SMSU (or whatever it's new name is ;)) waaaay back when. I loved living in Springfield! And we go to Branson a couple times a year too.

Ok. I was disappointed with the formal dinner also! So....do they only do the lobster on the 7 day cruises then? I just assumed they just removed it from the dinner. This was my father and brothers 1st cruise. My mother and I had talked to them about lobster being served during the formal, only be be disappointed!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok. I was disappointed with the formal dinner also! So....do they only do the lobster on the 7 day cruises then? I just assumed they just removed it from the dinner. This was my father and brothers 1st cruise. My mother and I had talked to them about lobster being served during the formal, only be be disappointed!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had lobster on one of the formal nights last year on the Dream (used to be both nights). And the only other 5 night cruise I've done was 2013 and we got lobster then! Budget cuts.....

I like picture reviews. Thank you for taking the time to upload all the pictures and share your cruise with us.

No problem, thanks for reading my review!!

Thanks for sharing!

Glad you are reading along! Thanks!

Great review!!

Thank you!

I agree with others, pictures are greatly appreciated - especially when discussing food. Can't wait for the rest of the cruise.

Thanks! I might be able to scrounge up some more food pics to post ;)

From what I understand, lobster tail is only served now on cruises of six days or more. Sucks, but what can you do. Great review so far!!!

Yup no lobster on 5 nights or shorter. Thanks for the menus and pictures are great.

Oh, OK, thanks for the info and the nice comments :)

Best day ever! HMC and it's my 44th birthday!

IMG_0915_zps48lkxq3n.jpg

This kid seriously was like a caged animal not being able to do flips and cartwheels lol She actually fell off the top bunk one night, backwards and landed on her back. She swore it didn't hurt but I'm not so sure.....I bet the people below us thought the ceiling was crashing in!

IMG_0932_zpsx7ahwocc.jpg

Another selfie-stick masterpiece lol

IMG_0815_zpsm09qds3d.jpg

As soon as we were ready, we went down to deck 5 and got tender stickers. We just sat and waited for our number to be called and I don't think it took longer than about 10 min. The whole process went very smoothly and we were to the island in no time!

IMG_0821_zpspdwyw7nv.jpg

IMG_0822_zpsv7kvy2td.jpg

IMG_0824_zpstwdv1a7y.jpg

Look at that water! HMC is the most beautiful beach I have ever been to (aside from Little French Key in Roatan, but that's not a typical beach). It looks really crowded in pictures, but it didn't really feel crowded at all.

IMG_0839_zpsueh6wdmu.jpg

Of course....

IMG_0837_zpsqdef3e60.jpg

IMG_0842_zpslvq60ru2.jpg

Bahama Mama! They were selling these, miami vices, and beer on the beach. The bar had other options, but when I tried to get a margarita, they said they didn't bring everything to make them and only had sour mix and tequila. No salt or triple sec. No biggie, this Bahama Mama was awesome!

IMG_0847_zpsndkdplex.jpg

You could rent water toys at little huts on each end of the beach. This tube was $10. Someone stole it later in the day (I told my mom it was risky leaving it on our chairs while we ate lunch!) but the Carnival people told us it was not a deal and we could just grab another one.

waterproof%20camera%202017%20132_zpslzy9ezag.jpg

Here's one of the cabanas (and somebody's sand-covered arse lol....whoops...)IMG_0851_zpsjsso0equ.jpg

IMG_0853_zpsehdztqao.jpg

This is a bar

IMG_0854_zpssslpeypc.jpg

IMG_0855_zps8bcomojx.jpg

The beach houses: if I was cruising with a group, I'd be tempted to rent one!

IMG_0856_zpsfup0to6x.jpg

Now, the funtimes said there would be activities at the beach all day, starting with a beach party at 9am. We never heard any music or anything, until I took a walk down the beach....the party was down in front of the pirate ship! The DJ was right there and they had a sand castle building contest, tug of war, beach volleyball. Definitely hopping on that end of the beach!

IMG_0858_zpsxvalvnp1.jpg

Enjoying your review so far! We are going on the Conquest in October (2nd sailing after dry dock). Looking forward to the rest of your review.

P.S. We are also from Missouri. Independence MO. :D[/indent]We will also be on the Conquest Oct 22nd.

So I am enjoying this review too!

Hi Deb-Hi CJ Fancy meeting you here. See you on the 22nd

Panama Garry